Sasquatch said:
Cagri crossed my mind as well. Sema too, since the price is low. Still, there's a case to be made for keeping things simple. That being said, it's quite plausible Reta ends up taking Tirz's place, after it earns its credentials from that big-name doctor whats-his-nutz. The pace of "grandpa's medicine" is absurdly sluggish. By the time reta finally comes out, the early adopters will already have moved on. Suppose that's nothing new.Grogu said:
Sasquatch said:
Gave stacking reta a shot, though I likely didn't raise the dose enough. Considering Tesamorlin.Camlbacker said:
Perhaps what you're taking isn't the right fit. Or maybe there's just no helping you. Still, I lean toward doubting that. From dose number 1, Reta overhauled how I relate to food entirely. Sema, tirz, cagri, and the rest of the options commonly discussed in this space — I haven't given any of them a shot. What would actually do the trick for you is beyond me, but my sense is that tirz on its own has hit a ceiling in your case. Adding or switching to another option could be worth looking into. My guess is that the combined experience of this community could offer something to sharpen your thinking.Thanks
I did some reading on Tesa. From what I gathered, it likely works better once you're nearer to your goal. I'm not sure whether you've hit goal yet. That said, I also came across info saying it may ramp up appetite, and that its main purpose is body fat redistribution rather than dropping pounds. So the moment I saw the appetite increase part, my reaction was, yeah, not happening right now....
Given that tirzepatide worked well for you in terms of appetite suppression, bumping past 15mg is an option. Personally, I'm on roughly 17 or 18mg week to week and haven't had issues. Plenty of anecdotal reports exist of folks at 20mg doing well. Since early December I've been stacking tirzepatide alongside a low dose of semaglutide, and that combo has completely erased the mental food chatter. Honestly, I enjoy how sema feels on injection day and for a few days afterward. It's clearly not the same as tirz.
Which doctor are we talking about??? You mean that guy who does cocaine off toilet seats?
People jumping on reta early are going to get swapped out by the folks sitting on the fence right now, waiting around for the FDA to give the green light. I'm not on reta yet myself, though that has less to do with holding out for FDA approval and more to do with squeezing everything I can out of tirz/sema first.
In my view, none of these glp-1s are getting "replaced". They're just extra tools you can pull out of the toolbox in the fight against obesity. Liraglutide is still being handed out as a prescription….. and Rybelsus as well, despite neither one being held in particularly high regard.