Neurogroot
Explorer
I put a fair amount of effort into looking around for anything already posted about this, so I'm hoping I'm not repeating something that's already been covered beyond the usual "Don't Trust Vendor Provided COAs" warning. If what I'm suspecting turns out to be wrong, tell me and I'll take this down. I just figured it was worth staying alert when something doesn't add up.
While reviewing a vendor's COAs, I noticed the order date comes later than the received date. That's a first for me. Could there be a scenario where a testing lab accepts a product without any testing request attached and just sits on it until someone submits one? Or is this more likely just a sloppy translation of what the date fields represent, with AI/Photoshop dropping the dates into the wrong fields? On top of that, the batch number is identical across the 10+ products they offer, which is also something I've never come across. Attached 2 of their COAs from their thread:
While reviewing a vendor's COAs, I noticed the order date comes later than the received date. That's a first for me. Could there be a scenario where a testing lab accepts a product without any testing request attached and just sits on it until someone submits one? Or is this more likely just a sloppy translation of what the date fields represent, with AI/Photoshop dropping the dates into the wrong fields? On top of that, the batch number is identical across the 10+ products they offer, which is also something I've never come across. Attached 2 of their COAs from their thread: