Top protein pick!

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
These work great for me! Hawaiian punch is available too, though it never seems to stay in stock. I just mixed in a bit of water since I prefer a milder flavor.
 
How many calories does that have, and what was the cost? I’ve had trouble reaching my protein targets and I’m worried about losing lean mass.
 
TeresaHip said:

These work great for me! Hawaiian punch is available too, though it never seems to stay in stock. I just mixed in a bit of water since I prefer a milder flavor.
I wish lemonade appealed to me. My usual drink is a shake: 2 cups of Darigold Fit milk, 2 scoops of unflavored protein, plus 2 high-protein Carnation Instant Breakfast packets.
 
Sweet protein is a no-go for me too, and on a GLP1 it's even more off the table. Looks like unflavored is what I'm stuck with.
 
I've started adding a scoop of plain whey protein into my coffee. I still use creamer and sweetener too, rather than swapping them out. The taste change isn't strong enough to bother me.
 
randompersonrandom said:

I've started adding a scoop of plain whey protein into my coffee. I still use creamer and sweetener too, rather than swapping them out. The taste change isn't strong enough to bother me.
One thing to keep in mind: if you don't reach for a whisk or a handheld blender, the protein is going to clump up once it hits hot liquid.
 
Habibibi said:

Sweet protein is a no-go for me too, and on a GLP1 it's even more off the table. Looks like unflavored is what I'm stuck with.
Shakes are completely off the table for me! After all these years, I'm just done with them.
 
Habibibi said:

Sweet protein is a no-go for me too, and on a GLP1 it's even more off the table. Looks like unflavored is what I'm stuck with.
Some unflavored ones I've sampled still come through with a taste!
 
TeresaHip said:

Habibibi said:

Sweet protein is a no-go for me too, and on a GLP1 it's even more off the table. Looks like unflavored is what I'm stuck with.
Some unflavored ones I've sampled still come through with a taste!
Ah, so there’s no flavor added — that doesn’t mean it has no taste. I really wish it had none. 🫤

My pick is the plain kind, since anything with flavor comes across as way too sweet for my liking. I’ve given all sorts a shot, yet every one is overly sweet.
 
TeresaHip said:

These work great for me! Hawaiian punch is available too, though it never seems to stay in stock. I just mixed in a bit of water since I prefer a milder flavor.
Appreciate the warning. In my area, the Koolaid tropical punch flavored ones are available. When I do my next grocery run, I plan to give them a try.
 
randompersonrandom said:

I've started adding a scoop of plain whey protein into my coffee. I still use creamer and sweetener too, rather than swapping them out. The taste change isn't strong enough to bother me.
That sounds like a solid plan. I might give it a shot.
 
After trying plenty over the years, GNC Wheybolic Alpha stands out as my number one protein powder. It packs creatine, Myotor, Velositol, and Tesnor into a single product. For me, that combination is a genuine blessing — Elite tier.
 
r9rmgddn said:

How many calories does that have, and what was the cost? I’ve had trouble reaching my protein targets and I’m worried about losing lean mass.
I can't say for certain, and the bottle's already in the trash. My guess is $8 for 4. There's also a powder version that could cost less.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

randompersonrandom said:

I've started adding a scoop of plain whey protein into my coffee. I still use creamer and sweetener too, rather than swapping them out. The taste change isn't strong enough to bother me.
That sounds like a solid plan. I might give it a shot.
update: 15g in each cup is overdoing it. Right now I've got my morning coffee in front of me and it's like I'm biting into a burger too. Gonna drop it to 10 and check how that goes. Since I go through so much coffee all day, even at 7g it would still stack up to a decent boost.
 
Update 2: 10 works just fine. I use whey protein, and it mixes great if I pour in my creamer first, drop in the scoop, use a milk frother on it while the coffee is still brewing, and then pour the coffee in.
 
Back
Top