Beardboost
Explorer
Happy Fathers Day to everyone marking the occasion today — though honestly, every single day deserves that recognition, since none of us knows which one will be our last. What I'm about to share isn't easy to put into words...
4 years back, I attempted to end my own life. After that, I turned to eating as a way to cope, put on a significant amount of weight, and my activity dropped to essentially nothing — no job, no bike rides, no walks. Even the short trip escorting my daughter to school left me gasping, needing to pause along a route that brief.
My entire life, I've carried a massive fear of removing my shirt around other people. Trips to the hospital for my heart reduced me to tears — not from the pain, but because I had to bare my chest in front of a nurse. It has always made me deeply uneasy; even with partners, I kept my top on. That's how I ended up finding GLP1Chat, and all of you — the men and women here — have backed me in ways I could never have pictured!
Today delivered a kind of light I believed I'd lost for good. Across only 14 weeks, I've dropped 58 pounds. These days I walk every day with no trouble at all, ride 20-30km twice weekly, and my mental health has recovered through using GLP's (5/5mg Reta and Triz)
So here it is... not a shirtless shot, but everything I do is for my Daughter, and I won't ever turn back. The mere thought that she could have been without a father today is what keeps me from ever going down that road again
4 years back, I attempted to end my own life. After that, I turned to eating as a way to cope, put on a significant amount of weight, and my activity dropped to essentially nothing — no job, no bike rides, no walks. Even the short trip escorting my daughter to school left me gasping, needing to pause along a route that brief.
My entire life, I've carried a massive fear of removing my shirt around other people. Trips to the hospital for my heart reduced me to tears — not from the pain, but because I had to bare my chest in front of a nurse. It has always made me deeply uneasy; even with partners, I kept my top on. That's how I ended up finding GLP1Chat, and all of you — the men and women here — have backed me in ways I could never have pictured!
Today delivered a kind of light I believed I'd lost for good. Across only 14 weeks, I've dropped 58 pounds. These days I walk every day with no trouble at all, ride 20-30km twice weekly, and my mental health has recovered through using GLP's (5/5mg Reta and Triz)
So here it is... not a shirtless shot, but everything I do is for my Daughter, and I won't ever turn back. The mere thought that she could have been without a father today is what keeps me from ever going down that road again