Tiny amounts of something deadly in a vial — how would we know?

SpiralJetty said:

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?

That .2% figure refers to peptide that has broken down, and knowing either the mg of active peptide or the percentage degraded still leaves you in the dark about the bottle’s contents. Fillers make up nearly all of what’s there. Finding out every single component at 100% requires a separate test that costs a lot more $$$$.
 
Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.
I'm acquainted with a person who actually went through this. A gym bro convinced him to give Reta a shot and offloaded a 30mg vial to him. No dosing instructions were given, and no one checked whether he had any idea what he was doing. He went home and put the entire vial into his body. When I ran into him later that week, he filled me in on what happened. It had him seriously spooked, and he kept repeating, "nobody told me what to do" Then he raised his shirt, and this man in his late 40's was sporting a completely defined six pack. While showing me, he said over and over, "I don't look like this, I've never looked like this. This isn't me" So I have a firsthand account from the person who did it, plus the guy who sold it to him. Under no circumstances should anyone think taking 30mg of Reta as an initial dose, or any dose at all, is acceptable. It brought on several issues for him. Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention while he listed some of them, because I was completely stunned that he'd gone through with it, and by what it did to his stomach.

What makes it worse is that the gym bro now uses him as a selling point. Look, it's safe, he took the whole bottle in one go and he's fine. I won't even get into the whole matter of trusting gym bros. That same guy pushed something on me that nearly turned into a disaster.
 
Lovedog100 said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.
I'm acquainted with a person who actually went through this. A gym bro convinced him to give Reta a shot and offloaded a 30mg vial to him. No dosing instructions were given, and no one checked whether he had any idea what he was doing. He went home and put the entire vial into his body. When I ran into him later that week, he filled me in on what happened. It had him seriously spooked, and he kept repeating, "nobody told me what to do" Then he raised his shirt, and this man in his late 40's was sporting a completely defined six pack. While showing me, he said over and over, "I don't look like this, I've never looked like this. This isn't me" So I have a firsthand account from the person who did it, plus the guy who sold it to him. Under no circumstances should anyone think taking 30mg of Reta as an initial dose, or any dose at all, is acceptable. It brought on several issues for him. Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention while he listed some of them, because I was completely stunned that he'd gone through with it, and by what it did to his stomach.

What makes it worse is that the gym bro now uses him as a selling point. Look, it's safe, he took the whole bottle in one go and he's fine. I won't even get into the whole matter of trusting gym bros. That same guy pushed something on me that nearly turned into a disaster.
Wow. Was that six pack just the result of a week of nonstop vomiting? Maybe it's the same person, though the one I came across in a post claimed that for days every single joint in his body hurt unbearably, he stayed in bed for 3 days straight, and he went more than a week without a bowel movement. From the sound of it, a six pack wasn't part of what he got either. He also mentioned, as a defense (if you can call it that), that he had confused his Reta and Mots-C vials. I figured that was kind of believable, but who uses 30 mg of Mots-C? A 5 mg dose and I'm set to take on a bear. Gym bros.
 
Chili777 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.
I'm acquainted with a person who actually went through this. A gym bro convinced him to give Reta a shot and offloaded a 30mg vial to him. No dosing instructions were given, and no one checked whether he had any idea what he was doing. He went home and put the entire vial into his body. When I ran into him later that week, he filled me in on what happened. It had him seriously spooked, and he kept repeating, "nobody told me what to do" Then he raised his shirt, and this man in his late 40's was sporting a completely defined six pack. While showing me, he said over and over, "I don't look like this, I've never looked like this. This isn't me" So I have a firsthand account from the person who did it, plus the guy who sold it to him. Under no circumstances should anyone think taking 30mg of Reta as an initial dose, or any dose at all, is acceptable. It brought on several issues for him. Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention while he listed some of them, because I was completely stunned that he'd gone through with it, and by what it did to his stomach.

What makes it worse is that the gym bro now uses him as a selling point. Look, it's safe, he took the whole bottle in one go and he's fine. I won't even get into the whole matter of trusting gym bros. That same guy pushed something on me that nearly turned into a disaster.
Wow. Was that six pack just the result of a week of nonstop vomiting? Maybe it's the same person, though the one I came across in a post claimed that for days every single joint in his body hurt unbearably, he stayed in bed for 3 days straight, and he went more than a week without a bowel movement. From the sound of it, a six pack wasn't part of what he got either. He also mentioned, as a defense (if you can call it that), that he had confused his Reta and Mots-C vials. I figured that was kind of believable, but who uses 30 mg of Mots-C? A 5 mg dose and I'm set to take on a bear. Gym bros.
Like I mentioned, I wasn't paying close attention to everything it did to him. What I do remember is that he went three or four days without eating, I think because nothing would stay down. There was pain, and I believe it was in his joints. MOTS-C wasn't something he mixed up—he was just a newbee who took an injection with no knowledge beyond what a gym bro told him to do. Several people were talking over each other, and when he raised his shirt, all of us gasped, and then everyone began firing off questions at the same time.
 
Back
Top