Tiny amounts of something deadly in a vial — how would we know?

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?

I lean toward caution, and my imagination sometimes gets the better of me. That said, like others have pointed out, risk can never be brought down to zero. Your worry makes complete sense to me, though.

For my part, picking the right vendor matters more than anything else. Vendors with a long history have documented testing results posted publicly and solid reputations. A lot of them serve thousands of buyers and have busy testing communities. Your risk goes down if group testing is readily available and the vendor runs big telegram channels.

After settling on a trustworthy vendor, get into test groups that go past mass/purity for whatever batches you purchase… More tests exist beyond just mass/purity.

Holding off on using your peptides also strikes me as a smart way to lower risk. Harsh as it may sound, avoid being the canary in the mine. If you did step 1 and picked your vendor with care, took part in group testing beyond mass/purity, then wait for others to pin first. Any serious adverse reactions would probably get reported.

Don't pick vendors based on price—pick them based on reputation.
 
Grogu said:

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?

I lean toward caution, and my imagination sometimes gets the better of me. That said, like others have pointed out, risk can never be brought down to zero. Your worry makes complete sense to me, though.

For my part, picking the right vendor matters more than anything else. Vendors with a long history have documented testing results posted publicly and solid reputations. A lot of them serve thousands of buyers and have busy testing communities. Your risk goes down if group testing is readily available and the vendor runs big telegram channels.

After settling on a trustworthy vendor, get into test groups that go past mass/purity for whatever batches you purchase… More tests exist beyond just mass/purity.

Holding off on using your peptides also strikes me as a smart way to lower risk. Harsh as it may sound, avoid being the canary in the mine. If you did step 1 and picked your vendor with care, took part in group testing beyond mass/purity, then wait for others to pin first. Any serious adverse reactions would probably get reported.

Don't pick vendors based on price—pick them based on reputation.
I get why people talk about a “reputable vendor,” but for me that phrase doesn’t fit a gray market seller or reseller. What actually makes one “reputable?” Quick replies? Cheap prices? Test reports that are easy to get and that you can tie with confidence to particular batches of what they sell? Fast delivery? Best 2 out of 3?

From where I sit, with limited knowledge, I gather that only a handful (2?) of manufacturers actually make these products. They move volume to many vendors, and those vendors then sell to us as well as to lots of resellers globally.

Testing can happen anywhere along the supply chain - in my opinion, matching results to product accurately is basically smoke and mirrors. If you don’t join a peer group of users or ship vials in yourself, should a testing report be trusted?

On what testing covers, mass and purity are usually all we ever see. Still, what I hear from the testing side is fairly comforting. According to the people we depend on in the testing lab, endotoxin, heavy metal and sterility testing is overwhelmingly a waste of product and money. (Sterility testing of BAC water would be the exception.)

I’ve bought from most of the “big name” vendors and had good luck with all of them in terms of communication, price and shipping. And their products seem to work for my research. Does that make them “reputable?”

Ironically, because of a contaminated batch of tirz and the vendor’s ethical response, I probably have a higher opinion of MIX than other vendors I’ve used. So my positive feedback is a result of their bad luck?

I am the canary. Are you?
 
latviantower said:

Grogu said:

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?

I lean toward caution, and my imagination sometimes gets the better of me. That said, like others have pointed out, risk can never be brought down to zero. Your worry makes complete sense to me, though.

For my part, picking the right vendor matters more than anything else. Vendors with a long history have documented testing results posted publicly and solid reputations. A lot of them serve thousands of buyers and have busy testing communities. Your risk goes down if group testing is readily available and the vendor runs big telegram channels.

After settling on a trustworthy vendor, get into test groups that go past mass/purity for whatever batches you purchase… More tests exist beyond just mass/purity.

Holding off on using your peptides also strikes me as a smart way to lower risk. Harsh as it may sound, avoid being the canary in the mine. If you did step 1 and picked your vendor with care, took part in group testing beyond mass/purity, then wait for others to pin first. Any serious adverse reactions would probably get reported.

Don't pick vendors based on price—pick them based on reputation.
I get why people talk about a “reputable vendor,” but for me that phrase doesn’t fit a gray market seller or reseller. What actually makes one “reputable?” Quick replies? Cheap prices? Test reports that are easy to get and that you can tie with confidence to particular batches of what they sell? Fast delivery? Best 2 out of 3?

From where I sit, with limited knowledge, I gather that only a handful (2?) of manufacturers actually make these products. They move volume to many vendors, and those vendors then sell to us as well as to lots of resellers globally.

Testing can happen anywhere along the supply chain - in my opinion, matching results to product accurately is basically smoke and mirrors. If you don’t join a peer group of users or ship vials in yourself, should a testing report be trusted?

On what testing covers, mass and purity are usually all we ever see. Still, what I hear from the testing side is fairly comforting. According to the people we depend on in the testing lab, endotoxin, heavy metal and sterility testing is overwhelmingly a waste of product and money. (Sterility testing of BAC water would be the exception.)

I’ve bought from most of the “big name” vendors and had good luck with all of them in terms of communication, price and shipping. And their products seem to work for my research. Does that make them “reputable?”

Ironically, because of a contaminated batch of tirz and the vendor’s ethical response, I probably have a higher opinion of MIX than other vendors I’ve used. So my positive feedback is a result of their bad luck?

I am the canary. Are you?

A few points come to mind. Testing does go past just mass and purity, even if it’s less common like you said, and it’s definitely out there. I was in 2 groups not long ago where basically everything was put through testing. Personally, I lean cautious and find that kind of reassurance valuable. If the original poster is genuinely worried about that .2%, then joining a group that runs tests beyond mass/purity is something they should look into. Those groups exist.

When most transactions use untraceable payments, vendors can vanish with disposable contact details, and channels get taken down, reputation doesn’t buy much confidence. We’re all canaries. Still, certain vendors have lasted longer, with more shared test results and user reports behind them. Each person has to pick their own standards for choosing a vendor. Plenty probably go by price, and that’s okay. I don’t believe a higher price automatically equals “better,” nor does a lower one automatically equal “bad.”

Not long ago, a well-known vendor (though the name shouldn’t matter) had a third-party test come back showing failed sterility. My take is that batch only got flagged because this vendor’s products often undergo testing beyond mass and purity. Why did that extra testing happen? Likely because the community is big enough to fund larger group tests.

Sterility or endotoxin failures can’t show up if no one is testing for them. This vendor has agreed to cover multiple further sterility tests, and the community has come together to test 40 more vials for sterility. If the vendor had been XYZ or ABC, there’s no way the sterility problem would have come to light at all. Was it 1 vial, a testing error, or a broader manufacturing problem? We’ll find out, I suppose. But if it turns out to be a production issue, I’d expect this vendor to make it right. To me, that says something about reputation: a large community, regular testing, a long track record, and vendors who do the right thing. Until they don’t…
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
 
Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.
 
MsGizmo said:

SpiralJetty said:

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?
To begin with, there's no justification for anything hazardous to be present in the vicinity of the production space where peptide blending occurs. So the worst-case scenario would be a peptide that's been cross-contaminated with a different peptide .. such as sema finding its way into tirz, as in your example.

The biggest sema batch I managed to locate was 20mg .. .2% of that works out to .04mg. That's a tiny quantity that wouldn't be dangerous at all if you consumed the whole thing in a single go, much less if it were dispersed into something else and divided across several doses.

Naturally, your thoughts jump to other possibilities. But what about this, But what about that. The reality is this .. whenever you consume food, beverages, or an injection, you're putting your trust in another person to exercise proper diligence and keep it safe. I could share countless accounts of breakdowns occurring somewhere along a production chain, leading to illness or death. This occurs globally, including right here in the US.

I understand you're especially anxious about this since you're going outside the conventional route .. but truthfully, these peptides carry no greater risk than something dispensed by a pharmacy. The key distinction is whether there's anyone you can take to court when something goes wrong. Malpractice lawsuits wouldn't exist if mistakes never happened while people rely on the established medical system.
That's a really good observation!!! I hadn't considered it from that angle before. Take the water bottle sitting next to me—it could theoretically be lethal too, but I don't give it a second thought.
 
Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
That's the truth. I came across this community while trying to work out what stg meant. Really glad I found it.
 
Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Chili777 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, that tiny quantity doesn't cross my mind. My approach is to buy only from suppliers with solid track records and no prior problems.

Not long ago, Novo Nordisk pulled a batch of sema pens after biologics turned up...how many people had already been injected before that recall happened?

On a forum, a woman tore into me for purchasing scary Chinese peptides, calling me reckless, yet at the same time she was cheerfully ordering Chinese peptides from a US RUO site. Go figure.

Everything we do carries some risk, I suppose the real question is where you draw the line on what's acceptable.

I ride horses. At my age, I'm aware that taking a fall from one of my horses won't be a pretty sight...even so, that's a risk I'm willing to take...perhaps I'd reconsider if I ended up in a hospital, though I doubt it. 😆
Did that happen on Reddit? I ran into some crazy lady who went after me in exactly that way, insisting the whole time that her peptides were made in America, from the APIs all the way through to the finished product. Nothing I or anybody else said—no logic, no data—could get her to see it any other way, and according to her, every one of us was poisoning ourselves. Her final post, if I remember right, had reached -178.
😆 That's exactly where it happened, and it's a big part of why Reddit isn't worth my time — the place is drowning in idiocrasy. Any useful nugget you dig up comes at the cost of slogging through mountains of shit and, worse, some genuinely frightening individuals...There was this one fella claiming he suffered cardiac arrest after his very first NAD+ shot of 500mg ...At that point I simply couldn't anylonger. 😆
The one I still find funniest is that dude who, on his very first injection, went with 30 mg of Reta. His name will be remembered forever. He made it.
That post caught my eye too! Whether it was just bait for clicks or he really is that absurd, I still couldn't tell 😆

To be honest, plenty of folks pick up peptides with zero clue about dosing, so a 30mg reta injection doesn't sound far-fetched at all.
 
Testing each batch yourself is clearly the strongest approach, followed by sourcing where group testing happens, then going with vendors whose batches already have third-party results, and so on. Even so, the majority of buyers never test.

It strikes me as odd that a market built almost entirely on reputation performs far better than I would have predicted. If nobody ran independent third-party tests, quality would likely slide, since sellers could peddle junk, empty vials, or mislabeled goods without consequence. Fortunately, some testing does occur, and the checks sellers run to avoid being burned themselves and to reassure buyers appear to function well enough. Getting exposed for bad peptides can mean enormous losses in future sales, from hundreds of thousands up to millions, and that threat alone is what keeps them in line. Launching a replacement operation costs very little, and margins are presumably enormous, so you would expect that threat to be meaningless, yet sellers are abundant. That means the real hurdle for a new vendor is finding buyers, and the only way to retain them is to avoid ever being caught selling junk. For us, that creates an unexpectedly powerful incentive for quality control. That is the best explanation I can come up with for why this system somehow holds together.

Research I have read where actual scientists ordered peptides from random online sellers found extremely high rates, at least 50%, of mislabeling, empty product, or underdosing once tested. So random purchasing is genuinely risky and dangerous. There is no way that describes what happens here, because if it were anywhere close to that common, far more sellers would be exposed. Unfortunately the forum data cannot tell us the real figures, but scandals seem to appear less than once every 1 or 2 months.

I am certainly no economist, but it still puzzles me that this reputation market works for peptides out of China yet not for Amazon US, where by my reading perhaps 50% of supplements are underdosed or fake. Every item there has customer reviews, and I can still locate my own review calling a product fraudulent, and it has not been removed.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Testing each batch yourself is clearly the strongest approach, followed by sourcing where group testing happens, then going with vendors whose batches already have third-party results, and so on. Even so, the majority of buyers never test.

It strikes me as odd that a market built almost entirely on reputation performs far better than I would have predicted. If nobody ran independent third-party tests, quality would likely slide, since sellers could peddle junk, empty vials, or mislabeled goods without consequence. Fortunately, some testing does occur, and the checks sellers run to avoid being burned themselves and to reassure buyers appear to function well enough. Getting exposed for bad peptides can mean enormous losses in future sales, from hundreds of thousands up to millions, and that threat alone is what keeps them in line. Launching a replacement operation costs very little, and margins are presumably enormous, so you would expect that threat to be meaningless, yet sellers are abundant. That means the real hurdle for a new vendor is finding buyers, and the only way to retain them is to avoid ever being caught selling junk. For us, that creates an unexpectedly powerful incentive for quality control. That is the best explanation I can come up with for why this system somehow holds together.

Research I have read where actual scientists ordered peptides from random online sellers found extremely high rates, at least 50%, of mislabeling, empty product, or underdosing once tested. So random purchasing is genuinely risky and dangerous. There is no way that describes what happens here, because if it were anywhere close to that common, far more sellers would be exposed. Unfortunately the forum data cannot tell us the real figures, but scandals seem to appear less than once every 1 or 2 months.

I am certainly no economist, but it still puzzles me that this reputation market works for peptides out of China yet not for Amazon US, where by my reading perhaps 50% of supplements are underdosed or fake. Every item there has customer reviews, and I can still locate my own review calling a product fraudulent, and it has not been removed.

During my regular job, I don't work as an economist, though I do have some background in econometrics and scientific methods. I've also picked up some knowledge of accounting and business ideas. Because of that, these vendors' business models really catch my interest, and I frequently find myself thinking about how large their operations might be. If I were to make a guess, I'd put the yearly revenue of some of the bigger vendors at hundreds of millions of dollars. So even though it doesn't cost much to get in, the major players have more at stake and stronger reasons to make sure their products are good.
 
Honestly, you can’t. One thing that does get tested, though it’s absent from a lot of COAs, is metals — and that’s at least a starting point.
 
Peptidedudez said:

Honestly, you can’t. One thing that does get tested, though it’s absent from a lot of COAs, is metals — and that’s at least a starting point.
According to the person in charge at Janoshik, no peptide has ever come back with elevated metal levels, and he considers it the most pointless test you can order. I figure my canned tuna likely carries more metals, yet I’ll still eat it.
 
Peptidesearch said:

The excipients that create the puck—the part that keeps the peptide stable and lets it dissolve completely with BAC—might include some chemicals that aren't exactly "healthy."

This interview contains a lot of useful information.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8gKYMkJIQ
Honestly, what stood out most to me from that video is that I’m eager to find out what comes of the frozen/thaw testing Josh mentioned he plans to carry out.

Also, neither he nor his wife are GLP users... 🤪
 
JoonyO said:

Peptidesearch said:

The excipients that create the puck—the part that keeps the peptide stable and lets it dissolve completely with BAC—might include some chemicals that aren't exactly "healthy."

This interview contains a lot of useful information.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8gKYMkJIQ
Honestly, what stood out most to me from that video is that I’m eager to find out what comes of the frozen/thaw testing Josh mentioned he plans to carry out.

Also, neither he nor his wife are GLP users... 🤪
Hold on—didn’t he mention that he uses Reta? Maybe I missed part of it, since English isn’t my first language.
 
SpiralJetty said:

New to the grey peptides world, so this may be a noob question, but it has been bugging me a fair bit. Vials can be sent off for testing by Janoshik etc., who will confirm how much product is in the vial and its purity, e.g. 52mg Retatrutide at 99.8% purity. That's all well and good, and it gives me confidence the vial holds what I paid for.

Those remaining 0.2% are what worries me. Consider that 15mg Tirz is a sustainable doze while 15mg Sema risks a trip to ER: within that 0.2% there could be contaminants deadly even in small concentrations, small enough that even that 0.2% becomes dangerous. The human body is a very complex thing, and some toxins, botulinum toxin among them, are fatal to an adult human at even 0.1 nanogram (a nanogram is one millionth of an mg).

How can we know the remaining 0.2% holds no other peptide or peptide residue that turns out to be extremely lethal, interacting with other proteins in our bodies in some unexpected or unknown way that is really bad?

People take these peptides all the time and I have not personally heard of this happening to anyone, but is there some way to gain confidence that what I am injecting holds nothing super dangerous? Or do we simply accept it on trust, given that it has not happened to anyone else yet and so very likely will not happen to us?
When I first got into this, I shared those worries. My approach was to read through a huge number of forum posts, soaking up what people had gone through and the takeaways they shared about various grey vendors. I looked at vendor reviews. After reaching the highest level of confidence I could about a given vendor, I would place an order for a couple of kits as a trial. When they showed up, I would reconstitute and filter. Then I’d go ahead and use it. Up to now, I’ve run into 0 problems with the trustworthy China vendors (though I’ll admit I’ve only dealt with 2 🙂).

What’s funny is that the single time contamination gave me trouble was when I made the dumb choice to buy from a US reseller I hadn’t vetted 😀
 
JoonyO said:

Peptidesearch said:

The excipients that create the puck—the part that keeps the peptide stable and lets it dissolve completely with BAC—might include some chemicals that aren't exactly "healthy."

This interview contains a lot of useful information.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8gKYMkJIQ
Honestly, what stood out most to me from that video is that I’m eager to find out what comes of the frozen/thaw testing Josh mentioned he plans to carry out.

Also, neither he nor his wife are GLP users... 🤪
Both of them are using Reta.
 
Gwynhwyfar said:

JoonyO said:

Peptidesearch said:

The excipients that create the puck—the part that keeps the peptide stable and lets it dissolve completely with BAC—might include some chemicals that aren't exactly "healthy."

This interview contains a lot of useful information.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8gKYMkJIQ
Honestly, what stood out most to me from that video is that I’m eager to find out what comes of the frozen/thaw testing Josh mentioned he plans to carry out.

Also, neither he nor his wife are GLP users... 🤪
Hold on—didn’t he mention that he uses Reta? Maybe I missed part of it, since English isn’t my first language.
That's right — both of them are using Reta.
 
Back
Top