cyclone0316
Explorer
If each person draws from the vial with their own insulin syringe, there shouldn't be any major issues. But if you're using a reusable pen and only swapping out the pen needle, that does create a cross-contamination risk.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've always had a good feeling about you.Airborne Daddy said:
Anyone who refuses to split a vial with their own husband or wife is, in my view, an insufferable clean-freak and ought to be sleeping out in the garage.... you two have already swapped fluids and in all likelihood have stuck a tongue, a finger or a dick up her rear, so relax....bada bing said:
Cross exposure isn't a concern here, and nothing goes wrong. There are even a few upsides. Reconstituted vials get finished sooner, which helps with both degradation and sterility. And you can buy bigger vial sizes yet still use them within the suggested timeframe, bringing the cost per mg down.
Tomorrow I've got 2 vials to reconstitute. I'll be mixing up 2 R60s. As for the smaller ones — R30s and the like — they disappear quickly, since each one holds slightly more than 3 doses when pinning 9mg.Marct209 said:
Those vials sure don’t last long! Since we inject on separate days, whenever my day rolls around I end up thinking: seriously, I’ve got to mix up yet another vial?!?
If there's a partner I can't stand and I want to vent about them to my mother or to somebody who'll never cross paths with them, I'll deploy the phrase "he should sleep in the garage." I keep cracking up over it and just can't quit.Airborne Daddy said:
Anyone who refuses to split a vial with their own husband or wife is, in my view, an insufferable clean-freak and ought to be sleeping out in the garage.... you two have already swapped fluids and in all likelihood have stuck a tongue, a finger or a dick up her rear, so relax....bada bing said:
Cross exposure isn't a concern here, and nothing goes wrong. There are even a few upsides. Reconstituted vials get finished sooner, which helps with both degradation and sterility. And you can buy bigger vial sizes yet still use them within the suggested timeframe, bringing the cost per mg down.
My husband and I use the same pen, and we swap the needle each time before use.eidos said:
A better route: get 2 pens, then divide them between 2 cartridges.
That way, you avoid the vibe of 2 addicts passing around one dose. Plus, there are plenty of other intriguing ways for a couple to feel close.
It's like reaching for the car and finding she didn't leave any petrol (gas) in the tank.Marct209 said:
Those vials sure don’t last long! Since we inject on separate days, whenever my day rolls around I end up thinking: seriously, I’ve got to mix up yet another vial?!?
That's the right approach.eidos said:
A better route: get 2 pens, then divide them between 2 cartridges.
That way, you avoid the vibe of 2 addicts passing around one dose. Plus, there are plenty of other intriguing ways for a couple to feel close.
Yeah, that’s me.Airborne Daddy said:
Anyone who refuses to split a vial with their own husband or wife is, in my view, an insufferable clean-freak and ought to be sleeping out in the garage.... you two have already swapped fluids and in all likelihood have stuck a tongue, a finger or a dick up her rear, so relax....bada bing said:
Cross exposure isn't a concern here, and nothing goes wrong. There are even a few upsides. Reconstituted vials get finished sooner, which helps with both degradation and sterility. And you can buy bigger vial sizes yet still use them within the suggested timeframe, bringing the cost per mg down.
With the R60, what volume of BAC are you using for reconstitution?PAPoots said:
I’m in the same boat. Picked up Reta 60 so the cost per person drops, and now both of us inject 8mg each week. That schedule also means we finish the vial before it goes bad. Even so, dose 4 doesn’t hit like dose 1 for me. Still, I’d rather deal with that than try to make it last an extra week or two.