Thoughts on my (generic) workout schedule while using reta... just go with it?

bockscar

Explorer
Joined
May 14, 2026
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
 
I do FAR less training than the amount you've got lined up at the start, and I still drop weight while holding onto muscle, so reta should work out really well for you. 👍
 
bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?
 
bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
 
Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
 
bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
That's the underlying principle of the weight training I was curious about.
 
Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
If you dropped 24lbs on under 1/3 of 1mg, (.3 mg) you might just be the 2nd Coming of Christ.....or you're actually at 3mg... regardless, I salute you .
 
Smiter said:

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
That's the underlying principle of the weight training I was curious about.

In my view, adding weight training alongside cardio is worthwhile. From what I gather, resistance work has also been linked to reductions in visceral fat.

Airborne Daddy said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
If you dropped 24lbs on under 1/3 of 1mg, (.3 mg) you might just be the 2nd Coming of Christ.....or you're actually at 3mg... regardless, I salute you .

My daily intake sits below 1k calories, typically near 800. On top of that I do walking and light jogging.....and since I split the dose into 2 shots per week, it works out to .6mg/weekly. So no miraculous water-walking going on here lol
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
If you dropped 24lbs on under 1/3 of 1mg, (.3 mg) you might just be the 2nd Coming of Christ.....or you're actually at 3mg... regardless, I salute you .
Never before have I witnessed a salute packed with that much scorn and withering contempt — even the gladiators who jeered the emperor couldn't match it...sniff...it genuinely moved me to tears.

bockscar said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
That's the underlying principle of the weight training I was curious about.

In my view, adding weight training alongside cardio is worthwhile. From what I gather, resistance work has also been linked to reductions in visceral fat.

Airborne Daddy said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
If you dropped 24lbs on under 1/3 of 1mg, (.3 mg) you might just be the 2nd Coming of Christ.....or you're actually at 3mg... regardless, I salute you .

My daily intake sits below 1k calories, typically near 800. On top of that I do walking and light jogging.....and since I split the dose into 2 shots per week, it works out to .6mg/weekly. So no miraculous water-walking going on here lol
Ah, allow me to clarify. What I was actually questioning was the reasoning behind picking light weights for sets of 15 reps.
 
Smiter said:


I have never seen a salute delivered with more disdain and contemptuous scorn, not even from the gladiators dissing the emperor...sniff...brought tears to my eyes.

Ah, I must clarify. I was wondering about the logic of using light weights at 15 reps.

Click to expand...
Has lighter weight with higher reps never crossed your mind?
 
honestly, your approach and plan seem like they'll take you further than simply "up the dose"

that said, if muscle endurance is the goal, building strength is one of the quickest routes to it early on. doing 15 bodyweight squats without stopping is a good start. but once you're strong enough to squat something like 315lbs on the bar, bodyweight squats become something you can do all day effortlessly. on top of that, having more muscle mass helps in several ways. for instance, a higher total daily energy expenditure TDEE makes it easier to maintain a calorie deficit. and if you're aiming to drop a lot of weight, muscle loss will be a worry even while on reta
 
Airborne Daddy said:


You never heard of more reps, lighter weight?

Click to expand...
Rarely does it happen that I intend to speak up, only for another person to get there first. In this instance, not only did someone get there before me, but they did it with such flair that I'm left wondering why bbbilly didn't close his post with Class Dismissed.

bbbilly said:

honestly, your approach and plan seem like they'll take you further than simply "up the dose"

that said, if muscle endurance is the goal, building strength is one of the quickest routes to it early on. doing 15 bodyweight squats without stopping is a good start. but once you're strong enough to squat something like 315lbs on the bar, bodyweight squats become something you can do all day effortlessly. on top of that, having more muscle mass helps in several ways. for instance, a higher total daily energy expenditure TDEE makes it easier to maintain a calorie deficit. and if you're aiming to drop a lot of weight, muscle loss will be a worry even while on reta
What he said
 
Smiter said:


I have never seen a salute delivered with more disdain and contemptuous scorn, not even from the gladiators dissing the emperor...sniff...brought tears to my eyes.

Ah, I must clarify. I was wondering about the logic of using light weights at 15 reps.

Click to expand...
Nowhere did I claim "light weights at 15 reps." That was your wording. 🫡
 
bockscar said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
That's the underlying principle of the weight training I was curious about.

In my view, adding weight training alongside cardio is worthwhile. From what I gather, resistance work has also been linked to reductions in visceral fat.

Airborne Daddy said:

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?

bockscar said:

Airborne Daddy said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
Is that .3 out of 1mg? Are we talking about the Facebook microdosing thing? You'd kick off at 3mg... what's actually happening here... an LSD dose?

I kicked things off with a .3 dose just to check how my body would handle it. It went fine, and the food noise went away...for roughly 5 days. So once day 6 rolled around, I figured I'd switch to twice a week. Someone told me I was just placebo'ing myself....I only wish that placebo lasted beyond 4-5 days, because then I'd really be cooking.

My starting weight was 262, and this morning I was 238.

Smiter said:

bockscar said:

I'd like to hear from those of you who've already gone down this road. Below is roughly my roadmap for about the next 5 months.

04/25 (the start):

  • Start reta at .3/2x per week
  • Walking or light jogging at least 3 times each week

05/25 (building up):

  • Keep at .3mg/2x weekly unless it becomes completely unavoidable to go higher
  • Shift emphasis to jogging, building cardio/breathing/lung capacity, and pushing when I can
  • Pushups/Crunches/Planks

06/25 (in the groove):

  • Probably need a dose bump around this point, so I'll do that while sticking to the "Least effective dose" approach
  • Bring in weight training; 15+ reps per exercise, aiming at muscular endurance rather than building muscle or adding weight
  • Keep up cardio, though not at the intensity of the build-up phase

07/25 (settled):

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • MIGHT consider adding Tesamorelin
  • Same as the month before, weight training plus maintenance-style cardio

08/25 (feeling good?)

  • Adjust dose as needed for least effective dose
  • weight training, cardio
  • do a half marathon or possibly a "Tough Mudder" ? 🤔

So what's the verdict? EZ PZ?
What's the reasoning for that?
not really trying to push heavy weight, just weight train.
If you dropped 24lbs on under 1/3 of 1mg, (.3 mg) you might just be the 2nd Coming of Christ.....or you're actually at 3mg... regardless, I salute you .

My daily intake sits below 1k calories, typically near 800. On top of that I do walking and light jogging.....and since I split the dose into 2 shots per week, it works out to .6mg/weekly. So no miraculous water-walking going on here lol
No hard feelings, I didn't mean anything by it. When a small dose does the job, that's all that matters.... that's actually quite remarkable. How are you handling the low calorie intake? Staying under 1000 cal strikes me as quite low, even for someone at 150 pounds....
 
Smiter said:


I wonder why bbbilly didnt end his post with Class Dismissed.

Click to expand...
lol when it comes to training, everything depends on the person, same as with any of these peptides — no single approach suits everybody. someone could never get all that strong, yet have the lactic acid clearance of michael phelps and rattle off 1,000 bodyweight squats without stopping, only to miss 225.

hell, ive been lifting at least 3 days a week for 20 years and i still look like a beginner. but ive had coworkers start tagging along with me and inside 6 months they look like they are coaching me. thats just how it goes, and its something to chew on for the plan theyve obviously put a ton of thought and planning into.

and it sounds like a great plan as is OP
 
bockscar said:


I didnt say I was gonna do "light weights at 15 reps." you did. 🫡

Click to expand...
errr...yeah, you see, that's inherent... As the master expounded above...usually if you do 15 reps, multiple sets, it means the weight was light, barring certain exceptions, of course. That's why I asked. For example, are you aiming for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, plyometrics, etc?
 
bbbilly said:


lol everything is so subjective with exercise, just like all these peptides, one thing wont work for everyone. they might not even be able to get super strong but have the lactic acid dispersion capability that michael phelps has and can bodyweight squat 1,000 in a row no problem but fail a 225 attempt.

hell ive lifted atleast 3 days a week for 20 years and still look like a beginner. but ive had coworkers start coming with me and within 6 months look like they are training me. just how the cookie crumbles and food for thought for the plan they have clearly done alot of thinking and planning.

and sounds like a great plan as is OP

Click to expand...
Run 350mg of test weekly for 16 weeks....your traps and shoulders will balloon.
 
bbbilly said:


that michael phelps has and can bodyweight squat 1,000 in a row no problem but fail a 225 attempt.

Click to expand...
exactly what I meant. phelps is built for endurance, with hardly any muscle mass capable of producing notable anaerobic force. The type 1 fibers phelps possessed in abundance are ideal for his discipline..
 
Back
Top