That Unwanted Oops Notification

Rdg1970

Explorer
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Sarnia. Ontario canada
I realize I’m new here…I’m trying to work out why my replies to posts keep getting flagged. For instance:

When I ask what johns and joes refer to.

When I ask a member to clarify what data mining means.
 
When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 5
Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
 
There's a sort of catch-22 at play: certain subjects are off-limits for discussion, yet they're never spelled out clearly. So you can't readily find them on your own, and you can't just come out and ask either.

On top of that, some automatic swaps get applied to posts (the scammers at…, some lady and her ai ghost writer, data mining…) which sit in an odd gray zone. Talking about them is sort of possible, but figuring out precisely what people mean is hard until you piece it together from context or run into someone who does some s1lly t3xt repl@cing to dodge the auto replacements. That person is usually honoring the spirit of the rules while disregarding the letter of them.

You (and I!) are also new enough that even more topics are closed off to us than to longer-standing members. That part is somewhat simpler to work out, and it might be one of the reasons you're getting flagged.

Honestly, I haven't managed to work out either of the things you asked about in the original post, but at least I can offer some sympathy, and maybe what I've written above helps you see it as the system being a bit confusing rather than something wrong with you specifically.
 
pnewb said:

There's a sort of catch-22 at play: certain subjects are off-limits for discussion, yet they're never spelled out clearly. So you can't readily find them on your own, and you can't just come out and ask either.

On top of that, some automatic swaps get applied to posts (the scammers at…, some lady and her ai ghost writer, data mining…) which sit in an odd gray zone. Talking about them is sort of possible, but figuring out precisely what people mean is hard until you piece it together from context or run into someone who does some s1lly t3xt repl@cing to dodge the auto replacements. That person is usually honoring the spirit of the rules while disregarding the letter of them.

You (and I!) are also new enough that even more topics are closed off to us than to longer-standing members. That part is somewhat simpler to work out, and it might be one of the reasons you're getting flagged.

Honestly, I haven't managed to work out either of the things you asked about in the original post, but at least I can offer some sympathy, and maybe what I've written above helps you see it as the system being a bit confusing rather than something wrong with you specifically.
Thanks for the solid answer. Since you managed to type out data mining, that clearly wasn’t the trigger.
 
Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
Seems that's not the case.

Rdg1970 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
Requesting links, which breaks rule 1F of the Forum Rules.
 
Rdg1970 said:

I realize I’m new here…I’m trying to work out why my replies to posts keep getting flagged. For instance:

When I ask what johns and joes refer to.

When I ask a member to clarify what data mining means.
Did you notice the red bar beneath your username reading "No Source Discussion?"
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
Seems that's not the case.

Rdg1970 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
Requesting links, which breaks rule 1F of the Forum Rules.
My goal is to stay on the right side of the rules so ZippityDooDah never has to reply to me. He is not someone who plays games. It would feel worse than being sent to the principal's office.
 
Was the link soliciting happening in some other place, or do the 2 questions brought up in this thread’s opening post count as soliciting?

In the brief period I’ve spent here, I believe I’ve gone through quite a lot, yet I still have no idea what either of those terms means. Asking for an explanation of what something is looks like a reasonable move, quite different from requesting access or direction toward those things.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
Seems that's not the case.

Rdg1970 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
Requesting links, which breaks rule 1F of the Forum Rules.
I requested definitions for John and Joes along with data mining, and I don't see any request for links
 
Rdg1970 said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
Seems that's not the case.

Rdg1970 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
Requesting links, which breaks rule 1F of the Forum Rules.
I requested definitions for John and Joes along with data mining, and I don't see any request for links
I honestly didn't read your post closely. My inbox is flooded with people asking me to share GB links with members—they're looking for freebies instead of putting in the effort. That's probably because I've talked about everything I purchase through GB.
 
Let's face it — those filters are pretty bad. You might be writing a post about something completely fine, and the spam filter still catches you. So you start hunting for which word set it off, and instead you get the prohibited content warning. Without changing a thing, you press enter once more, and the spam filter triggers again. Then you send the very same message a third time, and suddenly it posts.

Sure, it weeds out the faint-hearted, but what a pain. Back when I was new, whenever I was sure nothing in my message broke any rule, I'd hit submit 2 or 3 times, and quite often it would finally go through. You're not crazy. Just stick with it, and you'll reach the next level.
 
pnewb said:

Was the link soliciting happening in some other place, or do the 2 questions brought up in this thread’s opening post count as soliciting?

In the brief period I’ve spent here, I believe I’ve gone through quite a lot, yet I still have no idea what either of those terms means. Asking for an explanation of what something is looks like a reasonable move, quite different from requesting access or direction toward those things.
Look at what I wrote in post #13. Rather than sending a private message, they bring it up publicly on the forum.
 
5byfive said:

Let's face it — those filters are pretty bad. You might be writing a post about something completely fine, and the spam filter still catches you. So you start hunting for which word set it off, and instead you get the prohibited content warning. Without changing a thing, you press enter once more, and the spam filter triggers again. Then you send the very same message a third time, and suddenly it posts.

Sure, it weeds out the faint-hearted, but what a pain. Back when I was new, whenever I was sure nothing in my message broke any rule, I'd hit submit 2 or 3 times, and quite often it would finally go through. You're not crazy. Just stick with it, and you'll reach the next level.
Every one of us has been there.
 
pnewb said:

Was the link soliciting happening in some other place, or do the 2 questions brought up in this thread’s opening post count as soliciting?

In the brief period I’ve spent here, I believe I’ve gone through quite a lot, yet I still have no idea what either of those terms means. Asking for an explanation of what something is looks like a reasonable move, quite different from requesting access or direction toward those things.
The issue is this: because you aren't aware of what your original post was inquiring about, you don't actually know what you're asking about. We can't talk about those things with you, so you'll have to wait for your No Source Discussion to be lifted. Once that happens, you'll understand what they mean.
 
Rdg1970 said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
Seems that's not the case.

Rdg1970 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Rdg1970 said:

Vriende said:

When you're just getting started, these guides are simple to overlook -- a lot of information is covered right here -




New Member Posting Guide



On this page you'll find details about new member posting policies and limitations.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com




Forum Rules



All members are required by the forum to follow these rules.

View attachment 11367


GLP1Chat.com
I went through all of it, and I don’t think I broke any rules
If no rules were being broken, you wouldn't be getting flagged in this community.
That answer really helps. Could you point out which rules my 2 questions violated? I’d appreciate the clarification.
Requesting links, which breaks rule 1F of the Forum Rules.
I requested definitions for John and Joes along with data mining, and I don't see any request for links

I'll fill you in... "John and Joe" is the American equivalent of "Bob and Doug" from that Second City Great North sketch. Think of it like how a Royale with cheese is a Whopper at Hungry Jack's in Australia. Hahaha.

Just kidding, I'm clueless. I searched the forum and found it mentioned multiple times with zero context. No answers from me, and it's pretty funny watching everyone dodge the question. Sorry you're stuck in this loop.
 
CandyCap said:

pnewb said:

Was the link soliciting happening in some other place, or do the 2 questions brought up in this thread’s opening post count as soliciting?

In the brief period I’ve spent here, I believe I’ve gone through quite a lot, yet I still have no idea what either of those terms means. Asking for an explanation of what something is looks like a reasonable move, quite different from requesting access or direction toward those things.
The issue is this: because you aren't aware of what your original post was inquiring about, you don't actually know what you're asking about. We can't talk about those things with you, so you'll have to wait for your No Source Discussion to be lifted. Once that happens, you'll understand what they mean.
I'm not the person who started this thread. And asking about those 2 things isn't something I'm doing now, nor have I ever done it.

I realize this is sensitive territory, and I'm not attempting to play rules lawyer. My reason for asking Zippity was mainly to confirm I wasn't jumping in to back someone who had acted badly where I couldn't see it, and was now untruthfully saying they were innocent.

In this thread, what I observe is a person who seems to be making a genuine effort to grasp the system and operate inside it. Yet they're receiving punishment (or at minimum, a scolding) for lacking knowledge about things they had no way of knowing. Operating in that kind of setting is hard.

At this size, moderating is tough. I understand that. Lots of people here display tremendous patience when the same questions come up over and over, seemingly forever, and I'm truly thankful for the info being shared, and for the real willingness shown to help newcomers join not only this community, but all that it stands for. I'm really grateful.

Expecting people to follow rules that haven't been spelled out strikes me as unfair, and it seems like there might be a chance here to make things clearer for new members. Being forced to figure out the rules backwards by repeatedly running into a "you can't post that" notice is clunky, and it doesn't appear consistent with all the other things this group does to teach, inform, and keep people safe and growing.

That's the whole point I'm attempting to make.
 
pnewb said:

CandyCap said:

pnewb said:

Was the link soliciting happening in some other place, or do the 2 questions brought up in this thread’s opening post count as soliciting?

In the brief period I’ve spent here, I believe I’ve gone through quite a lot, yet I still have no idea what either of those terms means. Asking for an explanation of what something is looks like a reasonable move, quite different from requesting access or direction toward those things.
The issue is this: because you aren't aware of what your original post was inquiring about, you don't actually know what you're asking about. We can't talk about those things with you, so you'll have to wait for your No Source Discussion to be lifted. Once that happens, you'll understand what they mean.
I'm not the person who started this thread. And asking about those 2 things isn't something I'm doing now, nor have I ever done it.

I realize this is sensitive territory, and I'm not attempting to play rules lawyer. My reason for asking Zippity was mainly to confirm I wasn't jumping in to back someone who had acted badly where I couldn't see it, and was now untruthfully saying they were innocent.

In this thread, what I observe is a person who seems to be making a genuine effort to grasp the system and operate inside it. Yet they're receiving punishment (or at minimum, a scolding) for lacking knowledge about things they had no way of knowing. Operating in that kind of setting is hard.

At this size, moderating is tough. I understand that. Lots of people here display tremendous patience when the same questions come up over and over, seemingly forever, and I'm truly thankful for the info being shared, and for the real willingness shown to help newcomers join not only this community, but all that it stands for. I'm really grateful.

Expecting people to follow rules that haven't been spelled out strikes me as unfair, and it seems like there might be a chance here to make things clearer for new members. Being forced to figure out the rules backwards by repeatedly running into a "you can't post that" notice is clunky, and it doesn't appear consistent with all the other things this group does to teach, inform, and keep people safe and growing.

That's the whole point I'm attempting to make.
What you are failing to grasp is that a solid knuckle rap can come our way as well.
 
Back
Top