Testosterone replacement

For me this has turned into a slippery slope, much like my early peptide phase. When I first started those, I was drawn to anything with promising literature. Roughly a year on, I’ve trimmed the list to a handful I’m fine using long term.

After getting TRT stabilized and my labs looking solid — total and free T, E2, hematocrit and hemoglobin, lipids, and AST and ALT — I began considering additional compounds. That’s what pushed me toward DHT-based options for E2 management, viewing them as a supposedly “healthier” route than AIs.

As of now I’m 6 weeks into a blast with test, primo (for E2 control and dryness), and NPP (for joint support). Bloodwork is scheduled tomorrow, and regardless of the results, I intend to reduce everything by at least half. I’m aware that what I’m doing isn’t exactly smart.

A bit ironic: when I was younger I had enough judgment to avoid recreational use, yet here I am now experimenting with it.
 
Such1943 said:

For me this has turned into a slippery slope, much like my early peptide phase. When I first started those, I was drawn to anything with promising literature. Roughly a year on, I’ve trimmed the list to a handful I’m fine using long term.

After getting TRT stabilized and my labs looking solid — total and free T, E2, hematocrit and hemoglobin, lipids, and AST and ALT — I began considering additional compounds. That’s what pushed me toward DHT-based options for E2 management, viewing them as a supposedly “healthier” route than AIs.

As of now I’m 6 weeks into a blast with test, primo (for E2 control and dryness), and NPP (for joint support). Bloodwork is scheduled tomorrow, and regardless of the results, I intend to reduce everything by at least half. I’m aware that what I’m doing isn’t exactly smart.

A bit ironic: when I was younger I had enough judgment to avoid recreational use, yet here I am now experimenting with it.
What amounts are you running for test, primo, and npp? I'm also curious. And primo costs an arm and a leg 🤣. Are you sourcing from US domestic labs or Chinese oils?
 
Topshelf said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
At your age, before deciding, be certain you grasp the full scope of what you'd be signing up for. My baseline total test was 446 with free at 64. After 4 months, total sits at 1302 and free at 220. I feel incredible, energy comparable to being 20, full body recomp underway and gaining muscle. 6’ 185. Yet I'm 47, and I'm locked into this for the next 30-40 years (ideally). FSH and LH are suppressed to essentially 0 natural output. Sensitivity during sex is noticeably reduced, plus ongoing bloodwork to keep every other marker in range. I added hcg in hopes of bringing sensitivity back. The longer someone stays on TRT, the more difficult quitting becomes, even if they wanted to. If I were 30, the only scenario I'd entertain would involve preserving natural production. Consider what the long haul demands. If enclo raised your numbers that much, why did you end up feeling worse? Numbers too elevated, dosage not tuned for best results, estrogen out of balance? What leads you to believe testosterone by itself would play out any differently?
Honestly, the scheduling aspect is what's holding me back the most. My estrogen and thyroid went haywire on Enclo, and I felt awful. Maybe my dosing was off, but I stuck to my doctor's instructions. I brought estrogen under control with an AI and added a thyroid medication too. Now I'm working on tapering both as my labs improve. I'd rather move to T injections since I think I'd have better management of estrogen swings, and from what I've read, enclo often doesn't deliver the same advantages as exogenous testosterone due to how it ramps up the whole HPG axis.
 
Volkswagen57 said:

Such1943 said:

For me this has turned into a slippery slope, much like my early peptide phase. When I first started those, I was drawn to anything with promising literature. Roughly a year on, I’ve trimmed the list to a handful I’m fine using long term.

After getting TRT stabilized and my labs looking solid — total and free T, E2, hematocrit and hemoglobin, lipids, and AST and ALT — I began considering additional compounds. That’s what pushed me toward DHT-based options for E2 management, viewing them as a supposedly “healthier” route than AIs.

As of now I’m 6 weeks into a blast with test, primo (for E2 control and dryness), and NPP (for joint support). Bloodwork is scheduled tomorrow, and regardless of the results, I intend to reduce everything by at least half. I’m aware that what I’m doing isn’t exactly smart.

A bit ironic: when I was younger I had enough judgment to avoid recreational use, yet here I am now experimenting with it.
What amounts are you running for test, primo, and npp? I'm also curious. And primo costs an arm and a leg 🤣. Are you sourcing from US domestic labs or Chinese oils?

Running 500 mg of test each week, alongside 200 mg NPP weekly, 300 mg Primo weekly, plus 2iu HGH taken at night, along with Reta and KLOW. Every day I pin a total of 1CC, splitting it into .5CC per side and rotating through glutes, ventrogluteal glute, delts, and quads. I warm the oil with a coffee mug warmer, front load lure locks, and go IM using 30 Gauge 1-Inch needles. Learn from my mistake: never pin Primo alone SubQ or IM. The PIP was insane.... I was limping for 5 days and had lumps for 7 weeks. Also, avoid the 200mg/ml concentration, stick with 100mg/lm primo.

Once my bloodwork comes back next week I'll share it. I'm both eager and nervous about the results. Aside from slightly oilier skin, no sides, and no acne. E2 hasn't made me overly emotional. In the gym I feel like a god damn machine, no doms, recovered by the next day regardless of how hard or heavy the lifts are, adding weight progressively each week. It's enjoyable. Push/Lower/pull/cardio/lower/upper/cardio. Airbike/rower.

My source is domestic UGL, the OGs on Meso. Bloodwork through Goodlabs.
 
tendency said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
In my opinion, yes — beginning at that age is unwise, unless you are 110% sure that a primary or secondary low T problem exists. It's possible you do.

That said, something I wish had been shared with me back in my mid 30s: locate a capable men's health urologist or endocrinologist, and attempt to figure out what is behind the seemingly low T. If you can avoid committing to a lifelong drug protocol, you don't want to do it — just my .02 cents.

Too often people rush to start T without first doing the proper due diligence.
I hear you completely. For the past 1.5 years I've been attempting to raise my low T without medication. My starting point was roughly 380. Through improved recovery habits, I managed to bring it up to 460 on my own. Once 6+ months had passed, I gave enclo a shot. Sure, 460 isn't exactly rock bottom, but I'm just tired of constantly feeling drained.
 
soapysnake said:

tendency said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
In my opinion, yes — beginning at that age is unwise, unless you are 110% sure that a primary or secondary low T problem exists. It's possible you do.

That said, something I wish had been shared with me back in my mid 30s: locate a capable men's health urologist or endocrinologist, and attempt to figure out what is behind the seemingly low T. If you can avoid committing to a lifelong drug protocol, you don't want to do it — just my .02 cents.

Too often people rush to start T without first doing the proper due diligence.
I hear you completely. For the past 1.5 years I've been attempting to raise my low T without medication. My starting point was roughly 380. Through improved recovery habits, I managed to bring it up to 460 on my own. Once 6+ months had passed, I gave enclo a shot. Sure, 460 isn't exactly rock bottom, but I'm just tired of constantly feeling drained.
Have you thought about the possibility that fatigue might stem from any number of other underlying problems, and that those same problems could also be dragging your T levels down below where they should be?

Have you also thought about seeing a good naturopath?
 
soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
Have you thought about HCG? It could get your testicles working again.
 
Topshelf said:

tendency said:

Topshelf said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
At your age, before deciding, be certain you grasp the full scope of what you'd be signing up for. My baseline total test was 446 with free at 64. After 4 months, total sits at 1302 and free at 220. I feel incredible, energy comparable to being 20, full body recomp underway and gaining muscle. 6’ 185. Yet I'm 47, and I'm locked into this for the next 30-40 years (ideally). FSH and LH are suppressed to essentially 0 natural output. Sensitivity during sex is noticeably reduced, plus ongoing bloodwork to keep every other marker in range. I added hcg in hopes of bringing sensitivity back. The longer someone stays on TRT, the more difficult quitting becomes, even if they wanted to. If I were 30, the only scenario I'd entertain would involve preserving natural production. Consider what the long haul demands. If enclo raised your numbers that much, why did you end up feeling worse? Numbers too elevated, dosage not tuned for best results, estrogen out of balance? What leads you to believe testosterone by itself would play out any differently?
On a personal note, keeping T at supraphysiologic levels the way you currently are would make me quite cautious. Based on what I've picked up over the years, that doesn't strike me as sound long-term therapy. An occasional blast? Perhaps - perhaps.

At those levels, where does your hematocrit sit? And just wait until your prostate has doubled in size. Etc.
Right now my hematocrit sits at 50.2, and we both agreed my total T came back above what I had anticipated. All of this is being handled with a doctor watching over it, and naturally, everybody has their own tale to tell. At 36 I was given a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis, which meant 10 years of fighting. The fatigue has been severe, and that is far from the whole list. Because of the medication I take for MS, my neurologist orders a full set of bloodwork every 6 months, plus another every 3 months alongside my TRT.
Wow - if my hematocrit hit that number, my doctor would have me reduce my T cyp dose by 50% for 4-6 weeks.
 
Calm Logic said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Calm Logic said:

SWAT deployment over a package that had steroids in it:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/josh-bridgman-arrested.134426529/post-3573177


Yeah when the court docs were still online, it was basically a leaking box, upon opening by fedex for repacking, they found the steroids labeled (lol), called CBP, who weren't interested, but since it involved a "celebrity", called the local sheriffs office, who went full Yee Haw over the opportunity to get the part time Swat Team together. I had heard it was sent to Florida drug diversion court where in exchange for completing a drug abuse awareness class, the case was dismissed and records expunged.

Click to expand...
That's frightening 👻
At least a Meso guy has a better shot at ending up in an ambulance than in the back of a police car.

For me, running the Meso lifestyle even halfway sensibly costs way too much. On top of that, I'm like most folks — sooner or later, steroids give me sides. I simply don't have the money for all the pricey lab work, heart imaging, Repatha shots, oral supplements, other ancillaries, and so on.

And their hematocrit still sits above normal (same as what can happen with plain TRT), although a few of them draw their own blood at home because you can only donate so frequently without a prescription.
My reply is aimed at that particular point. I plan to ask my PCP whether they would prescribe therapeutic phlebotomy. Yesterday's blood test returned a hematocrit of 51.7, which is lower than the 52.5 recorded in January.
 
Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
 
tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
 
Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
Hematocrit doesn't follow that logic. Even at the upper end of normal, you're already in risky territory. Take it from me — just a heads-up.
 
Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
A weekly dose of 250 mg isn't TRT—that's the kind of protocol bodybuilders ran 30-40yrs back. Elevated hematocrit is risky, and as you get near the danger zone you'll begin to "FEEL" it. You get sluggish, there's a sort of pressure inside your head, and once you're right at the edge, your whole body can turn itchy and odd whenever you exert yourself. Watch out for that—a stroke is a real possibility!
 
tendency said:

soapysnake said:

tendency said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
In my opinion, yes — beginning at that age is unwise, unless you are 110% sure that a primary or secondary low T problem exists. It's possible you do.

That said, something I wish had been shared with me back in my mid 30s: locate a capable men's health urologist or endocrinologist, and attempt to figure out what is behind the seemingly low T. If you can avoid committing to a lifelong drug protocol, you don't want to do it — just my .02 cents.

Too often people rush to start T without first doing the proper due diligence.
I hear you completely. For the past 1.5 years I've been attempting to raise my low T without medication. My starting point was roughly 380. Through improved recovery habits, I managed to bring it up to 460 on my own. Once 6+ months had passed, I gave enclo a shot. Sure, 460 isn't exactly rock bottom, but I'm just tired of constantly feeling drained.
Have you thought about the possibility that fatigue might stem from any number of other underlying problems, and that those same problems could also be dragging your T levels down below where they should be?

Have you also thought about seeing a good naturopath?
Our clinic has a naturopathic MD on staff. I haven't had a visit with her so far. Another doctor was handling my care, though I can give her a shot at my next appointment. Also, yes — 80+ biomarkers have been showing up across my lab panels. Every 3 months I've been running them, working on getting every one of them where I want it.
 
slick1 said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
Have you thought about HCG? It could get your testicles working again.
Enclo got them going. Total reached 1100, free hit 23. But estrogen fluctuated wildly while on enclo, and it might have led to some thyroid problems too. I didn't like having less control than I would with T injections.
 
slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
A weekly dose of 250 mg isn't TRT—that's the kind of protocol bodybuilders ran 30-40yrs back. Elevated hematocrit is risky, and as you get near the danger zone you'll begin to "FEEL" it. You get sluggish, there's a sort of pressure inside your head, and once you're right at the edge, your whole body can turn itchy and odd whenever you exert yourself. Watch out for that—a stroke is a real possibility!
Wouldn't this depend entirely on where your numbers sit? My plan is to lower my dose if my free levels end up above the reference range.
 
tendency said:

soapysnake said:

Really enjoying this discussion. Are there any younger guys here? I'm 30, have 4 kids, and recently had a vasectomy. I realize I'm still young, but my total test came back at 460 and free at 10, and I'm strongly considering 100-120mg/week to address my energy problems and get a bit of a gym boost. I do lifting plus cardio 6 days a week and sit around 13-14% bf at 6'1 192lb. I already gave enclo a shot and hated it. My numbers went way up but I felt worse than I did before. It's been a while since I stopped enclo and I still have a lot of low t symptoms despite a solid diet (as solid as it can be with 4 young kids) and about 7 hours of sleep each night. I know I'll end up on it at some point. I also work at a clinic, so provider visits, labs, and test cost me nothing. My question is, would starting this young be a dumb move?
In my opinion, yes — beginning at that age is unwise, unless you are 110% sure that a primary or secondary low T problem exists. It's possible you do.

That said, something I wish had been shared with me back in my mid 30s: locate a capable men's health urologist or endocrinologist, and attempt to figure out what is behind the seemingly low T. If you can avoid committing to a lifelong drug protocol, you don't want to do it — just my .02 cents.

Too often people rush to start T without first doing the proper due diligence.
I'd really like to know how you go about locating a urologist. For insurance to pay, is a referral from a primary care doctor required?
 
Volkswagen57 said:

slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
A weekly dose of 250 mg isn't TRT—that's the kind of protocol bodybuilders ran 30-40yrs back. Elevated hematocrit is risky, and as you get near the danger zone you'll begin to "FEEL" it. You get sluggish, there's a sort of pressure inside your head, and once you're right at the edge, your whole body can turn itchy and odd whenever you exert yourself. Watch out for that—a stroke is a real possibility!
Wouldn't this depend entirely on where your numbers sit? My plan is to lower my dose if my free levels end up above the reference range.
The reality isn't straightforward—you could say both yes and no. Because testosterone's dosing follows its half-life, total T levels rise gradually as time goes on. When it comes to free T, SHBG is the deciding factor, and SHBG itself is influenced by a wide range of other variables. My advice: locate a competent physician. Those over-the-phone diagnosis services may be handy, but I'm not particularly keen on them.
 
slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
A weekly dose of 250 mg isn't TRT—that's the kind of protocol bodybuilders ran 30-40yrs back. Elevated hematocrit is risky, and as you get near the danger zone you'll begin to "FEEL" it. You get sluggish, there's a sort of pressure inside your head, and once you're right at the edge, your whole body can turn itchy and odd whenever you exert yourself. Watch out for that—a stroke is a real possibility!
Wouldn't this depend entirely on where your numbers sit? My plan is to lower my dose if my free levels end up above the reference range.
The reality isn't straightforward—you could say both yes and no. Because testosterone's dosing follows its half-life, total T levels rise gradually as time goes on. When it comes to free T, SHBG is the deciding factor, and SHBG itself is influenced by a wide range of other variables. My advice: locate a competent physician. Those over-the-phone diagnosis services may be handy, but I'm not particularly keen on them.
What steps should I take to find a urologist whose management would be better than what my PCP is doing now?
 
Volkswagen57 said:

slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

slick1 said:

Volkswagen57 said:

tendency said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Around July or August of last year, I began TRT with my PCP. When I told them that the 200mg every other week prescription has me feeling terrible by week 2, I wasn't happy with how my PCP responded. So I went with UGL test and now inject 250mg/week, divided between Monday and Thursday. Blood was drawn today, 48hrs after my most recent pin. I'm eager to find out my total, free test, and estradiol numbers. I continue to receive my prescribed testosterone, though right now I'm building up a stockpile of it for travel.
A 125mg dose taken 2x per week is quite a lot of testosterone. The fact that your hematocrit is elevated shows that the amount you're on is excessive.
It's only slightly over the reference range. Also, the January blood draw I was referring to was during a period when I was on 200mg every other week. After that, I switched to 125mg 2x/week. My results from yesterday show my hermatocrit has gone down a bit, from 52.5 (January result) to 51.7 (yesterday result).
A weekly dose of 250 mg isn't TRT—that's the kind of protocol bodybuilders ran 30-40yrs back. Elevated hematocrit is risky, and as you get near the danger zone you'll begin to "FEEL" it. You get sluggish, there's a sort of pressure inside your head, and once you're right at the edge, your whole body can turn itchy and odd whenever you exert yourself. Watch out for that—a stroke is a real possibility!
Wouldn't this depend entirely on where your numbers sit? My plan is to lower my dose if my free levels end up above the reference range.
The reality isn't straightforward—you could say both yes and no. Because testosterone's dosing follows its half-life, total T levels rise gradually as time goes on. When it comes to free T, SHBG is the deciding factor, and SHBG itself is influenced by a wide range of other variables. My advice: locate a competent physician. Those over-the-phone diagnosis services may be handy, but I'm not particularly keen on them.
What steps should I take to find a urologist whose management would be better than what my PCP is doing now?

Is your situation unusual in any way?
 
Back
Top