Tesamorelin First Dose Advice?

Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Knoxville, TN
53 year old guy here. I'm on SS31 right now, and after reaching my goal weight I've stayed on a maintenance amount of Reta. I'm planning to begin tesa in hopes of adding some lean muscle back. Would 2mg per night be a sensible way to begin, or is it better to begin at a lower amount?

Any input would be appreciated.
 
Take 2mg in the evening, waiting 2-3 hours after you finish eating. That's the dose on the official prescription (for the Tesa formulation we have access to), and because it degrades quickly once mixed, using a 10mg vial over 5 days works out well.
 
My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
 
I went with 2mg in the morning on an empty stomach. Because my Tirz slows gastric emptying, that timing suited me better. You could begin with 1 or 1.5 to gauge your response, then bump it to 2mg. I completed 2 rounds: 1 lasting 30 days and another lasting 50 days. On the second round, IGF and Z score shot way up. It did the job. These days I only use HGH 3iu.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
 
Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
 
bogardbilla said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
I gave it a shot for 14 days at 2mg, but it wasn't worth it. Getting out for my morning run became a real struggle. The combination of stiff joints and higher blood sugar made it a no-go for me. These days I'm a sermorlin supporter — no blood sugar spikes and no other unwanted effects.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

bogardbilla said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
I gave it a shot for 14 days at 2mg, but it wasn't worth it. Getting out for my morning run became a real struggle. The combination of stiff joints and higher blood sugar made it a no-go for me. These days I'm a sermorlin supporter — no blood sugar spikes and no other unwanted effects.
I'm wondering whether you take it by itself (no ipa), and in either case, what's the dosage? Thanks!
 
faloppi said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

bogardbilla said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
I gave it a shot for 14 days at 2mg, but it wasn't worth it. Getting out for my morning run became a real struggle. The combination of stiff joints and higher blood sugar made it a no-go for me. These days I'm a sermorlin supporter — no blood sugar spikes and no other unwanted effects.
I'm wondering whether you take it by itself (no ipa), and in either case, what's the dosage? Thanks!
I only used Tesa by itself, and I was on a glp1 at the time. My first schedule was an injection right before going to sleep, but it wound up hurting how well I slept. The starting amount was 0.5 (sleeping was fine), then after 7 days I moved to 1, and 7 days later to 2mg; I remained at 2mg for just 14 days because of joint pain, then dropped back down to 1 mg/day. That 1 mg/day level lasted a few months, until my A1c climbed from 5.4 to 5.8, at which point I quit, leaving 2 vials unused in my kit.

A few months earlier I had given sermorlin a try, and I did not get those side effects or the rise in blood sugar. It also improved my sleep.

Before the Tesa, I had used the cjc/IPA, and after 3 days the flushing made me stop for good (I mistook it for anaphylaxis).
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

faloppi said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

bogardbilla said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
I gave it a shot for 14 days at 2mg, but it wasn't worth it. Getting out for my morning run became a real struggle. The combination of stiff joints and higher blood sugar made it a no-go for me. These days I'm a sermorlin supporter — no blood sugar spikes and no other unwanted effects.
I'm wondering whether you take it by itself (no ipa), and in either case, what's the dosage? Thanks!
I only used Tesa by itself, and I was on a glp1 at the time. My first schedule was an injection right before going to sleep, but it wound up hurting how well I slept. The starting amount was 0.5 (sleeping was fine), then after 7 days I moved to 1, and 7 days later to 2mg; I remained at 2mg for just 14 days because of joint pain, then dropped back down to 1 mg/day. That 1 mg/day level lasted a few months, until my A1c climbed from 5.4 to 5.8, at which point I quit, leaving 2 vials unused in my kit.

A few months earlier I had given sermorlin a try, and I did not get those side effects or the rise in blood sugar. It also improved my sleep.

Before the Tesa, I had used the cjc/IPA, and after 3 days the flushing made me stop for good (I mistook it for anaphylaxis).
My apologies for not being clearer earlier—what I'd like to know is how much semorelin you take, and if you use it on its own.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
 
faloppi said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

faloppi said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

bogardbilla said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Post_Tenebras_Pep said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Thanks, that's useful.

What kind of effects did you notice?
At 2mg, I noticed fluid retention along with joint stiffness and pain. After dropping down to 1mg, those side effects disappeared.
Even if you had kept taking 2mg, those effects would have disappeared on their own.
I gave it a shot for 14 days at 2mg, but it wasn't worth it. Getting out for my morning run became a real struggle. The combination of stiff joints and higher blood sugar made it a no-go for me. These days I'm a sermorlin supporter — no blood sugar spikes and no other unwanted effects.
I'm wondering whether you take it by itself (no ipa), and in either case, what's the dosage? Thanks!
I only used Tesa by itself, and I was on a glp1 at the time. My first schedule was an injection right before going to sleep, but it wound up hurting how well I slept. The starting amount was 0.5 (sleeping was fine), then after 7 days I moved to 1, and 7 days later to 2mg; I remained at 2mg for just 14 days because of joint pain, then dropped back down to 1 mg/day. That 1 mg/day level lasted a few months, until my A1c climbed from 5.4 to 5.8, at which point I quit, leaving 2 vials unused in my kit.

A few months earlier I had given sermorlin a try, and I did not get those side effects or the rise in blood sugar. It also improved my sleep.

Before the Tesa, I had used the cjc/IPA, and after 3 days the flushing made me stop for good (I mistook it for anaphylaxis).
My apologies for not being clearer earlier—what I'd like to know is how much semorelin you take, and if you use it on its own.

Sermorlin 0.3mg each night, used alone.

With Tesa I dealt with blood sugar elevation, sleeplessness, water retention, and joint stiffness—none of those have shown up on Sermorlin. Sermorlin also didn't make me hungrier the way tesamolin did
 
DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
 
longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
No. Only slight mast cell responses to certain foods and environmental toxins.

Tesamorelin has a reputation for generating anti-drug antibodies. In a single study, 50% of participants produced them, and 1 person experienced a more severe systemic reaction (found midway down the page, in the adherence and adverse events section).
 
DunningKruger said:

longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
No. Only slight mast cell responses to certain foods and environmental toxins.

Tesamorelin has a reputation for generating anti-drug antibodies. In a single study, 50% of participants produced them, and 1 person experienced a more severe systemic reaction (found midway down the page, in the adherence and adverse events section).
Curious — at the hospital, did they give anything for the allergic reaction, or was it just monitored until it resolved by itself?
 
DunningKruger said:

longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
No. Only slight mast cell responses to certain foods and environmental toxins.

Tesamorelin has a reputation for generating anti-drug antibodies. In a single study, 50% of participants produced them, and 1 person experienced a more severe systemic reaction (found midway down the page, in the adherence and adverse events section).
Hey mate, totally off topic, but your username is brilliant — I love it.
 
longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
No. Only slight mast cell responses to certain foods and environmental toxins.

Tesamorelin has a reputation for generating anti-drug antibodies. In a single study, 50% of participants produced them, and 1 person experienced a more severe systemic reaction (found midway down the page, in the adherence and adverse events section).
Curious — at the hospital, did they give anything for the allergic reaction, or was it just monitored until it resolved by itself?
Just something I noticed, since I'd already done treatment prior to starting.
 
DunningKruger said:

longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

longex2021 said:

DunningKruger said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

My suggestion would be to begin with 0.5mg and observe the results. An allergic reaction is a possibility with Tesa. Aim for the smallest dose that still works. The cost of Tesamorlin is high.

My own experience: I began at 0.5 and then raised it to 1mg per night. When I tried 2mg, the side effects (fluid retention and joint stiffness) were unpleasant, so I returned to 1mg, which worked well and gave me no side effects.

The reason I stopped Tesa was how it affected my appetite and blood sugar. Sermorelin is my preference since it impacts appetite and blood sugar less.
Agreed. ^^

When it comes to any supplement or medication, I lean toward the smallest dose that still works. There's no reason to risk building tolerance, whether short or long term, if it isn't necessary. My suggestion: begin at .5mg, move to 1mg, and only go to 2mg if needed. For keeping lean mass during a cut, 1mg was enough for me. That said, 1mg also put me in the ER with anaphylaxis not long ago. I had used it fine for several months, paused for a couple of months, then took 1mg 3 weeks ago and was in the ER 20 mins later...I haven't gone near it since.

Because of that, I'll always point people to hGH rather than any secretagogue.
Wow, that's rough—are you dealing with serious allergic reactions to anything else?
No. Only slight mast cell responses to certain foods and environmental toxins.

Tesamorelin has a reputation for generating anti-drug antibodies. In a single study, 50% of participants produced them, and 1 person experienced a more severe systemic reaction (found midway down the page, in the adherence and adverse events section).
Curious — at the hospital, did they give anything for the allergic reaction, or was it just monitored until it resolved by itself?
Just something I noticed, since I'd already done treatment prior to starting.
I suppose having an epi pen on hand could be wise. Time to head to indiamart.
 
It's been 1 week since I began Tesa. I ramped up gradually: 500mcg on day 1, then 750mcg the following day, and 1mg after that. The sole change I've observed is weight gain while on Reta + Tesa. Since my lowest point, I've put on 2kg, despite running roughly a 750kcal/day deficit. There's also obvious water retention happening in my body.

I'm going to attempt 2mg today. My plan was to remain on Tesa for around 8-12 Weeks. The goal is to eliminate visceral fat.
 
Back
Top