Tesamorelin Added to Reta

Phatmax

Explorer
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hey everyone, I've been using reta for a while and I'm thinking about stacking Tesamorelin with it. I realize it's dosed at night, but what's the amount—1mg nightly? Anyone here who's used this combo, could you share some guidance?
 
The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
 
GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Since tesamorelin is aimed at visceral fat in particular, swapping CJC in for tesa won't deliver the same outcome. My own stack consists of tirz, tesamorelin, CJC (No DAC), and Ipamorelin, and the results have been very, very positive. ymmv.........and the very best results - in my case - have come from using that stack as a strong tool to swap out poor lifestyle habits for positive healthy ones (i.e., food choices, exercise, and proper sleep).

The peptides don't do the work for me. They give a great assist in doing the work to get and stay fit.
 
Zydeceltico said:

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Since tesamorelin is aimed at visceral fat in particular, swapping CJC in for tesa won't deliver the same outcome. My own stack consists of tirz, tesamorelin, CJC (No DAC), and Ipamorelin, and the results have been very, very positive. ymmv.........and the very best results - in my case - have come from using that stack as a strong tool to swap out poor lifestyle habits for positive healthy ones (i.e., food choices, exercise, and proper sleep).

The peptides don't do the work for me. They give a great assist in doing the work to get and stay fit.
That's really intriguing. Right now I'm on cjc (no DAC) plus ipamorelin. I'd like to know which protocol you follow and where you came across it. As for me, every night roughly 30 minutes before sleeping I've been taking 500mcg of each. It's been 2-3 weeks of this. I have to say my sleep is definitely better.
 
I've come across a lot of different approaches. Some people suggest using reta 1 time per week, MOTS-C 3 times per week, and then ipamorelin plus Tesamorelin nightly. I'm just after the optimal stack.
 
Phatmax said:

Hey everyone, I've been using reta for a while and I'm thinking about stacking Tesamorelin with it. I realize it's dosed at night, but what's the amount—1mg nightly? Anyone here who's used this combo, could you share some guidance?

Tesamorelin doesn't have a specific time of day for dosing. My own routine is midday, either with or without food, and my IGF-1 still went up. The pharmaceutical label for tesamorelin doesn't specify any time-of-day either—it's just 1 dose per day, nothing more. While using these drugs, you should also monitor your IGF1 levels for safety. Search the forum here; plenty of threads cover GH and secretagogues.
 
Phatmax said:

I've come across a lot of different approaches. Some people suggest using reta 1 time per week, MOTS-C 3 times per week, and then ipamorelin plus Tesamorelin nightly. I'm just after the optimal stack.
I've come across the same claim — that this pairing works best. I haven't given it a go myself, though. Before I place an order, I want to hear more firsthand accounts.
 
Habibibi said:

Phatmax said:

Hey everyone, I've been using reta for a while and I'm thinking about stacking Tesamorelin with it. I realize it's dosed at night, but what's the amount—1mg nightly? Anyone here who's used this combo, could you share some guidance?

Tesamorelin doesn't have a specific time of day for dosing. My own routine is midday, either with or without food, and my IGF-1 still went up. The pharmaceutical label for tesamorelin doesn't specify any time-of-day either—it's just 1 dose per day, nothing more. While using these drugs, you should also monitor your IGF1 levels for safety. Search the forum here; plenty of threads cover GH and secretagogues.

It would be best to pair this with a fasting insulin test.
 
Zydeceltico said:

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Since tesamorelin is aimed at visceral fat in particular, swapping CJC in for tesa won't deliver the same outcome. My own stack consists of tirz, tesamorelin, CJC (No DAC), and Ipamorelin, and the results have been very, very positive. ymmv.........and the very best results - in my case - have come from using that stack as a strong tool to swap out poor lifestyle habits for positive healthy ones (i.e., food choices, exercise, and proper sleep).

The peptides don't do the work for me. They give a great assist in doing the work to get and stay fit.
At what amounts are you dosing each of the 3 secretagogues?
 
jmon1977 said:

Zydeceltico said:

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Since tesamorelin is aimed at visceral fat in particular, swapping CJC in for tesa won't deliver the same outcome. My own stack consists of tirz, tesamorelin, CJC (No DAC), and Ipamorelin, and the results have been very, very positive. ymmv.........and the very best results - in my case - have come from using that stack as a strong tool to swap out poor lifestyle habits for positive healthy ones (i.e., food choices, exercise, and proper sleep).

The peptides don't do the work for me. They give a great assist in doing the work to get and stay fit.
At what amounts are you dosing each of the 3 secretagogues?
tesa: 2mg every day, fasted, before sleep

ipa & cjc(no dac): .5mg each per day, fasted, before sleep
 
Phatmax said:

Hey everyone, I've been using reta for a while and I'm thinking about stacking Tesamorelin with it. I realize it's dosed at night, but what's the amount—1mg nightly? Anyone here who's used this combo, could you share some guidance?

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
From my own experience, 1mg didn't seem to do as much; once the dose went higher, the difference was like night and day, with fewer side effects such as GI problems and water retention. I was also using IPA alongside it, so that could affect how things go
 
Reta and Tesa are both part of my routine. I pin Reta 2x/week at 1.5mg each, while Tesa is pinned at 1.5mg 5 days on, 2 off. Since the start of Feb I've been slowly increasing to reach these amounts. Paired with a strict exercise routine, the outcome has been very satisfying.

A drop in trunk size is clear; there's still a bit of a spare tire near the belly button, but it keeps improving steadily.

For me the fat appears to disappear from the top down, something I've noticed before too.

Compared with running neither Reta nor Tesa, the biggest thing this protocol changes is how fast and effortless it feels. Eating driven by stress, emotions, or boredom is gone, with zero need for willpower or fighting it.
 
Didn't enjoy what ipa did to my appetite, and possibly a bit of water weight(?). My old approach was the “recommended” Tesa dosing of 2 mg before bed 5 & 2, until a sharp member here pointed me at the Egrifta clinical study (BP's $brand name$ tesa). Their line: 2 mg daily, no weekly pause, ideally fasted - the hour of the day doesn't seem to matter. And for how long? The firmest figure I've come across is six months - though most of us likely won't need that much! If you shop around, 20 mg kits for under $200 are easy to find - a full six month run would need 2 kits of 20's (or 4 of 10's).
 
latviantower said:

Didn't enjoy what ipa did to my appetite, and possibly a bit of water weight(?). My old approach was the “recommended” Tesa dosing of 2 mg before bed 5 & 2, until a sharp member here pointed me at the Egrifta clinical study (BP's $brand name$ tesa). Their line: 2 mg daily, no weekly pause, ideally fasted - the hour of the day doesn't seem to matter. And for how long? The firmest figure I've come across is six months - though most of us likely won't need that much! If you shop around, 20 mg kits for under $200 are easy to find - a full six month run would need 2 kits of 20's (or 4 of 10's).
Also, it's worth noting that only a small number of us will actually "require" a full six months—particularly because IGF-1 bloodwork tends to fall within normal limits more often than testosterone does.

Participants in the tesa trials have a deficiency, so theoretically they might experience fewer side effects such as carpal tunnel. When it comes to handling side effects, I'd say 5/2 may not be the optimal strategy, given that you can simply reduce the daily amount. For me, 5/2 works well with HGH because I already have a stockpile of other peptides that need injecting regardless.

Regarding tesa dosing, here's what The Seeds book says:

2 mg, Sub Q, daily from studies.

Suggest 1 mg daily. This dose results in a 14% difference in IGF1 stimulation after 6 to 7 days.

Click to expand...
 
GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Egrifta used to follow that approach, but the tesamorelin dosing information has since been revised....1.28mg appears to be the optimal amount. https://www.egriftawr.com/about-egrifta-wr


https://www.perplexity.ai/search/egrifta-tesamorelin-1mg-dosage-47os1pwURmSeZy0aBx.lxA
 
UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Egrifta used to follow that approach, but the tesamorelin dosing information has since been revised....1.28mg appears to be the optimal amount. https://www.egriftawr.com/about-egrifta-wr


https://www.perplexity.ai/search/egrifta-tesamorelin-1mg-dosage-47os1pwURmSeZy0aBx.lxA
That said, Egrifta WR isn't the same compound, which explains the lower dose. Per your Perplexity source:

  • 1.28 mg Egrifta WR is not meant to be “weaker” in a clinical sense. It is a different formulation designed to match exposure from the older 2 mg product.
  • The original efficacy data for tesamorelin came from the 2 mg daily dose, which reduced visceral fat in the pivotal studies cited in the prescribing information.
  • Because the newer formulation was approved on the basis of bioequivalence/comparable exposure, the expected fat-loss benefit is considered similar, assuming it’s used as labeled.

Click to expand...
 
From what I understand, there were 3 separate formulations that got approval at different points: the original one, WR, and SV.

What separates the newer formulations, I can't say. But what I do know is that the phase 3 trial went with the 2mg dose, and the reason traces back to the phase 2 trial: when 1mg was compared against placebo, the VAT reduction at 1mg did not reach statistical difference.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2010/022505Orig1s000CrossR.pdf

The phase 2 trial: https://www.natap.org/2007/HIV/020807_05.htm





d808e3ac51a52999e78ca11612d131ee3c5b235e361a431eb5a3fd27c9e9ba6a.webp


  • f29132bc390faad2cd3378ae929ef28c74ebb58f3b74fccdcf746359faaa8711.webp
 
Hello everyone, I'm finding myself uncertain about this. After doing quite a bit of reading, I keep concluding that Tesa doesn't justify the risk compared with the benefits. From what I gather, Tesa can reduce fat and at a decent percentage, yet that fat sits beneath the stomach muscles rather than in the mid-section "tyre". Reta is said to handle that area very well, but Tesa's effects can also rebound fast when things like diet, sleep, and hormones remain unchanged. Tesa comes up often and gets promoted by posters as a belly fat aid, but the link below along with other studies show it targets organ fat more than the usual fat above the abs.

https://img.thebody.com/pinf/2010/tesamorelin.pdf
 
RadicalCrimson said:

From what I understand, there were 3 separate formulations that got approval at different points: the original one, WR, and SV.

What separates the newer formulations, I can't say. But what I do know is that the phase 3 trial went with the 2mg dose, and the reason traces back to the phase 2 trial: when 1mg was compared against placebo, the VAT reduction at 1mg did not reach statistical difference.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2010/022505Orig1s000CrossR.pdf

The phase 2 trial: https://www.natap.org/2007/HIV/020807_05.htm





View attachment 11720

Egrifta SV comes as 1 single day’s dose. Egrifta WR contains daily doses for a whole week.
 

Attachments

  • d808e3ac51a52999e78ca11612d131ee3c5b235e361a431eb5a3fd27c9e9ba6a.webp
    d808e3ac51a52999e78ca11612d131ee3c5b235e361a431eb5a3fd27c9e9ba6a.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
  • f29132bc390faad2cd3378ae929ef28c74ebb58f3b74fccdcf746359faaa8711.webp
    f29132bc390faad2cd3378ae929ef28c74ebb58f3b74fccdcf746359faaa8711.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
bogardbilla said:

UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

GeraltRedhammer said:

The standard dosing for tesamorelin is 2 mg taken at night, and you should wait 2–3 hours after your final meal of the day. Research showed that using 1 mg was notably weaker. Combining tesamorelin with ipamorelin creates a synergistic effect that boosts how well it works, and that's the approach I use for dosing.

Because tesamorelin carries a high price tag, I'm considering switching to CJC (without DAC) plus Ipamorelin for my next round – from what I understand, they function through the same mechanism.
Egrifta used to follow that approach, but the tesamorelin dosing information has since been revised....1.28mg appears to be the optimal amount. https://www.egriftawr.com/about-egrifta-wr


https://www.perplexity.ai/search/egrifta-tesamorelin-1mg-dosage-47os1pwURmSeZy0aBx.lxA
That said, Egrifta WR isn't the same compound, which explains the lower dose. Per your Perplexity source:

  • 1.28 mg Egrifta WR is not meant to be “weaker” in a clinical sense. It is a different formulation designed to match exposure from the older 2 mg product.
  • The original efficacy data for tesamorelin came from the 2 mg daily dose, which reduced visceral fat in the pivotal studies cited in the prescribing information.
  • Because the newer formulation was approved on the basis of bioequivalence/comparable exposure, the expected fat-loss benefit is considered similar, assuming it’s used as labeled.

Click to expand...
I'm with you 100% on this, nice catch! Perplexity is a favorite of mine too! But the medication itself and how much actually gets absorbed doesn't change, right? When you strip it down, it's still tesamorelin mg's and its bioavailability we're discussing. Sounds like I need to do some more reading and connect this more clearly to the standard 10mg kits I've already bought.... (purely anecdotal, but resistance training plus a stretch of 1mg daily w/ Tesa gave me solid results)
 
Back
Top