Tesa experience?

PickleWitch said:


I started 9 days ago (1.5 per day, in the AM) and my weight shot up - I know it’s likely water weight, but I wasn’t expecting 3 to 4 lbs in a week. Has this been the norm for anyone else?

Click to expand...
I gained about 1.2 lbs after my first week of 1mg. I think it's normal. I've since resumed a downward trend.
 
Just started tesa/ipa myself. On reta 1.5mg/3 days. Running cjc/ipa 200mcg at night and tesa/ipa 0.5/0.25mg in the morning. Going to run that for a few weeks (until I kick the first vial) and then bump up to 1/0.5mg assuming no bad sides. Then continue to monitor results and labs (have to get updated trt labs in about 4 weeks so I'll just add an igf-1 level too) and increase as needed. Just got igf-1 Level and z score from a week ago so I have a baseline.

Will contemplate bumping cjc/ipa to 250-300mcg too, also depending on sides.
 
I would suggest getting baseline igf-1 level (I use goodlabs in US, about $30) and then after 4-6 weeks on your dosage to gauge if you should adjust dosage.

My experience as 36 yo male.

Baseline IGF-1 169, z score 0.4

on 1mg tesa, IGF-1 344, z score 2.1

on 2mg tesa 300 mcg ipa, IGF-1 502, z score 3.1

the popular dosage of 2mg tesa was way too much for me. My only side effects were wrist pain and water bloating. dropped a few pounds of water about a week after i stopped.

going to try cjc/ipa combo next.
 
ChicagoFit said:


, I will be taking Tesa in the mornings on an empty stomach and not eat my first meal.

Click to expand...
I'm waiting for my CJC and Ipa and also considering Tesa, and I was thinking about pinning only in the mornings.

Pinning at night is not gonna work for me, I'm also on tirz, so going to sleep around 10-11pm I would probably need to eat supper around 6-7pm, while this is my usual strength training time and I need to eat something after the training session anyway. So the timing kind of blows the whole idea of taking tesa/cjc/ipa before bed time.

It's gonna be interesting to see if pinning only mornings will do any good, looking forward to your update on this (if you're considering any).
 
@hoobz I'm still pinning in the morning. It is an every day pin. Retatrutide, which I take, has significantly slowed gastric emptying and the only way I can have an "empty" stomach and then not eat for a couple of hours is to do it in the morning. My conundrums involve doing it every day and refrigeration vs no refrigeration. I started with 5mg vials which may have accidentally been a good choice because it wont stay reconstituted for a long time.
 
ChicagoFit said:


My conundrums involve doing it every day and refrigeration vs no refrigeration. I started with 5mg vials which may have accidentally been a good choice because it wont stay reconstituted for a long time.

Click to expand...
I read and heard in more than a few places that you don't have to cycle it 5/2 and can go everyday, cycling is usually done only for financial reasons, tesa being expensive.

Can't help you with refrigarating or not thing, though.
 
I do mine in the AM. I was doing it at night at first, but when waiting after I had eaten, I would forget and fall asleep. I do it in the AM with the rest of my morning pins. 1mg daily
 
I was so scared to start the Tesa because of all the "joint pain" side effects. Day 4 and my knees actually FEEL BETTER!! I think my meniscus tears are HEALING. No joint swelling pain at all. Pin about two hours or less before bed. No additional sleep issues, no better sleep, either.

Also, I don't get any STING either - the sting can be an actual spicy compound like copper. OR it could be an auto-immune response to a compound - like a little allergy - OR - it could actually be something that does not belong in there and could be filtered out.
 
ChicagoFit said:


My conundrums involve doing it every day and refrigeration vs no refrigeration. I started with 5mg vials which may have accidentally been a good choice because it wont stay reconstituted for a long time.

Click to expand...

hoobz said:


I read and heard in more than a few places that you don't have to cycle it 5/2 and can go everyday, cycling is usually done only for financial reasons, tesa being expensive.

Can't help you with refrigarating or not thing, though.

Click to expand...

Correct that most data suggests cycling a certain number of days/week isn't necessary, so daily is ok, however that Tesa should be done on protocol cycles (such as a defined number of weeks on, then weeks off). This data is certainly much more varied, and ultimately should be determined by test data rather than "feelz" or guestimation. IGF-1 levels and scores should ultimately determine dosage amount and duration. Everyone starts at different levels and will respond differently.

As for refrigeration, yes it's common to be suggested that reconstituted Tesa shouldn't be refrigerated, this is due to a common "gelling" that many people experience of the reconstituted solution. So, storing in a cool, dark place is often recommended, but I imagine this also significantly contributes to the accelerated degradation of the compound, which is why it is often suggested to administer the reconstituted compound within roughly 2 weeks.

That all being said, my thoughts about the gelling problem are either or both: Poor quality peptide, and/or poor quality BAC water. From most anecdotal accounts, reconstituting quality Tesa with Hospira BAC results in perfectly refrigeration-friendly solution. I know that mine has been in the fridge for 2 weeks and is still perfectly fluid, and I plan to use this prepared batch for the 40 days the dosage will last me (20mg Tesa/10mg Ipa dosing .5/.25 daily = 40 doses).

But, to each their own there..
 
RetaRX said:


Day 3 in the books. Stinging lasts between 20-30 min.

New pins are good.

Click to expand...
So changed my mind on going to AM pins and storage of tesa. Prior to day 4 stored at room temp. Moved to fridge.

Day 4 strategy

5 smaller meals throughout the day, last meal at 7pm, tesa out of fridge at 10.30, pin at 10.50pm.

Stinging lasted less than 10min.

Got a good 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Gym session in the morning went really really well.
 
I have been on Tesa for 2 months. I love it!

I take 1.5mg everyday at 11:45pm. I don’t eat after 8pm (I am also on Reta and other stuff)

I get way better sleep on it.
 
Commander said:


I have been on Tesa for 2 months. I love it!

I take 1.5mg everyday at 11:45pm. I don’t eat after 8pm (I am also on Reta and other stuff)

I get way better sleep on it.

Click to expand...
I just feel like my stomach is still crammed with food. Ive done a couple mor ings now and like it better. Im fasted when I wake up, fasted at work till noon or so. Feel like thats gonna work better for me.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:


I just feel like my stomach is still crammed with food. Ive done a couple mor ings now and like it better. Im fasted when I wake up, fasted at work till noon or so. Feel like thats gonna work better for me.

Click to expand...
It makes me fall asleep, so I couldn’t do it in the morning. Otherwise I would do 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning…
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:


I just feel like my stomach is still crammed with food. Ive done a couple mor ings now and like it better. Im fasted when I wake up, fasted at work till noon or so. Feel like thats gonna work better for me.

Click to expand...
my biggest learning with peptides so far is that one size does not fit all.

I’m 6’1 230lbs and my Reta dose is half of my wife’s and she’s essentially half my size.

The key is to find what works for you.
 
PickleWitch said:


I started 9 days ago (1.5 per day, in the AM) and my weight shot up - I know it’s likely water weight, but I wasn’t expecting 3 to 4 lbs in a week. Has this been the norm for anyone else?

Click to expand...
CJc/ipa I gaine about that muchZ

But the water went to the muscles and was a good bulk.
 
A few days in with 1mg Tesa, my knee is feeling better. No additional joint pain (although I am sure I couldn't tell it apart from original joint pains at this point!) and flexion seems a touch better. Placebo?
 
I am about three and half weeks into my latest trial with tesa/ipa. 1.5mg/375mcg. My previously encouraging 1.5-2 lb/week weight loss on reta just stopped entirely. I immediately gained at least two pounds and I have stuck there since. (I also pre-loaded creatine.) I have since bumped up my reta dose, but I'm still stuck.

I have slight pain in my finger joints, but it could be a coincidence. I had lucid dreams and woke up way too early when I took it at night. I have switched to AM and try to take advantage of the GH bump just before exercise. I am not convinced that there's a benefit, but I'm optimistic.

I'm going to stick it out for a bit, but I'll probably drop to 1mg/250 soon.

I refrigerate and it's been fine.
 
Commander said:


It makes me fall asleep, so I couldn’t do it in the morning. Otherwise I would do 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning…

Click to expand...
You may find that that wouldn't be the case pinning first thing in the morning when your cortisol is at its peak for the day. My ideal dose for sleep is about .5mg not long before bed. Taking that produces some of the best sleep I've ever had; taking more than that produced diminishing sleep returns. My sense from just a few weeks of experimentation is that my sweet spot is .5mg at night, and probably 1-1.5mg in the morning. I will dial in that dose according to my IGF-1 levels after a few weeks and go from there. I'm kind of a night person, and I didn't have any issues at all with sleepiness taking it in the morning. If anything, I felt sharper.

I do think that the slower gastric emptying on a GLP-1 prolonging insulin levels at night, thus reducing the effectiveness of the growth hormone secretagogues is also probably right. It's certainly worth testing on an individual basis to see what works best for each person.
 
Back
Top