MrZardoz
Explorer
Hey everyone, looks like I'm sliding over to the dark side 
I've got a Greenlight prepaid debit card sitting with money on it, and my aim is to convert it into crypto so I can pay vendors who take nothing but BTC/LTC. Every route I try hits a wall.
Direct crypto buys:
Anyone here managed to buy crypto using Greenlight or a similar prepaid card? Any methods I haven't thought of?
Thanks!
MrZardoz
I've got a Greenlight prepaid debit card sitting with money on it, and my aim is to convert it into crypto so I can pay vendors who take nothing but BTC/LTC. Every route I try hits a wall.
Direct crypto buys:
- MoonPay: turned down (they don't accept prepaid cards)
- Strike: "Invalid merchant" error
- Coinbase through bank transfer: account got suspended
- Ally Bank: transfers frozen (Greenlight is blocking external bank transfers)
- CashApp: "Please try again later" after a 24hr security cooldown
- Right now I'm waiting to give CashApp another shot tonight
- The card is fine for normal purchases
- Greenlight support claims only PayPal/Venmo/Apple Pay/CashApp are approved for transfers
- Yet CashApp keeps saying no
Anyone here managed to buy crypto using Greenlight or a similar prepaid card? Any methods I haven't thought of?
Thanks!
MrZardoz