Storage talk, supply anxiety, and realizing I may only be halfway there a rambling I invite fellow autists to join. Chapter 1 seeking perfect storage

Notafed

Explorer
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Yet another lengthy piece I feel compelled to put out, though my advice is to skip it. Should you read anyway, share your own storage arrangement down below.

Greetings from your local definitely-not-a-fed acquaintance. Life has thrown plenty my way lately, but since nobody requested that update, I'll jump right into the subject nobody requested either. Storage. Starting point: when you've sunk a few grand into peptides, being careless about how long they last strikes me as absurd. So regardless of whether you figure these compounds are indestructible or delicate, either way I'd hand them the finest quarters available, which boils down to watching 3 variables: temp, temp fluctlation, and humidity.

Complete disclosure: my absolutely-not-federal job has zero connection to medicine, so my knowledge level matches anyone who has "done there own research." Peer reviewed studies aren't something I read. This forum, YouTube videos, and a college degree earned without AI ghostwriting my essays are my sources, plus the occasional tism-fueled Google search rabbit hole. That's the whole toolkit on my side, while a lifetime of lead and micro plastic's works against me. So call out any errors I make, and ideally we all keep things civil.

With that handled, temperature. The debate. Street-level chatter amounts to a vague warning against parking these in a hot garage or beside a heater, plus the usual hierarchy of room temp < fridge < freezer. On the side against obsessing over it sits the Janoshik talk and the anecdotal evidence he provided in that he tested a peptide with minimum degration that had been forgotten about in his garage for years, so if haphazard storage appeals to you, there's some justification that it's okay, except that peptide wasn't sema/tirz/Reta, and how fragile those turn out to be over the long haul remains genuinely unknown. Testing seems to show later tests of a batch generally scoring worse in purity which effects yield. My read is that these are fragile, perhaps not fragile enough to fret over shaking during reconstitution (though why gamble), yet degrade they do/will, with the amount hinging on which factory in China and the lyophilization process. The nearest thing to an official medical stance is this: if a freezer at -40 freedom units is available, use it. No better environment exists.

Which points to a medical freezer, except those run expensive and tend to be small. The superior compromise: Amazon carries chest freezers marketed as ultra low/ super low, typically advertising an "upgraded compressor," and those units reach -40 freedom degree's. Multiple people, multiple names/sellers, presumably 1 factory in China. Mine is one of these, and temp guns confirm it genuinely hits those low temps. Anybody stockpiling who can swing the cost should grab one IMHO. It's working for me. Now, I wish this were a sales pitch and I'd put in the effort, but my garage lacks the room to launch an Amazon freezer reseller operation, otherwise a link would already be sitting in this post. That's everything I've got to demonstrate my lack of personal gain bias. Anyways if you consider yourself serious I would consider one of these.

Two temp fluctlation. Chest freezers don't usually cycle, and I don't believe the Amazon ones do either, given the ice buildup I'm seeing. Even so, temp fluctlation is not a good idea for long term storage, and a deep freezer may be something you neither want nor have room for. Next point: the 3d printed storage cases and original packaging are not long term storage's best answer. The best most available easy storage is to get Hydrapeak 32oz food jars. Storage trays that fit inside can be bought or 3d printed, and 68 3ml vials per jar is what I figure, which strikes me as pretty good. Not overly large, available in multiple colors, they're pretty peak. That's my recommendation, though honestly any thermos beats those 3d print storage cases. A thermos matters even more if you're stuck with a different freezer that runs thawing cycles. The 3d cases are fun, trust me, they served as my storage backbone for awhile, but preventing thermal transfer is essentially not something they do. And they let in one last problem.

Humidity. Lyophilization, for anyone who didn't know, is freeze drying. Freezers build up ice for a reason, bring in thawing and those caps and crimps don't strike me as infinitly impermeable. Humidity reaching the pucks will degrade them. Back to the 3dcases, I was noticing even if light a frost buildup inside them and on the vials. Thier often tpu ring around the seal is not a real seal stop pretending. The solution here again is one a thermos/ the hydrapeak and two 3d printed 3ml vial sized silica gel holders. See print here https://makerworld.com/en/models/1378681-3ml-vial-sized-desiccant-jar-v2#profileId-1426649. Silica gel tends to be cheap, so dropping a few of these into your sealed thermos should leave you sitting pretty.

Wrapping up, particularly for anyone who has put real money into hoarding, consider the peace of mind available pretty cheaply I might add from nothing more than a thermos and some desecant. Doing it my way isn't mandatory, even if it is superior to all others /s (but only the attitude). What I'm driving at is take pride in your work if your a researcher and not just some junky, whether you do this because you can't afford alternatives or not prove yourself an intelligent person. Just a used thermos and desecant in a freezer is decent insurance and added longevity and a lot better than just a fridge hoard. If you feel called out think about it a little harder. Throw in a -40 degree freezer that while small is affordable for what it provides and still big enough for probably dozens of hydrapeaks and therefore 1000+ vials, and what you've got is something I think a doctor scientist would say is the best storage you can provide as a normie, roughly 99% as good as a lab freezer environment. More too long posts are coming, now please discuss.

View: https://youtu.be/vz51ymeEqsU

This guy is pretty cool he is mostly just selling stuff for rookie pricing, but I don't think he is a bad dude and his community seems about as nice as ours here. Covers some of what I talked about.
 
I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
 
tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.
 
Notafed said:

tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.
That's a solid method, and it sounds like it would be hard to mess up. The one thing you'd give up is keeping each kit separate, because a vendor might in principle send you 2 kits that came from 2 different batches and you'd never know. Still, you could just add that information to the label as well, though by then it's likely more effort than it's worth.

Notafed said:

tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.
That link is worth a look, but it appears to be built around recommended practice for vials that get opened and closed by researchers on a regular basis, rather than for long-term untouched storage. It also seems to be at least partly aimed at lowering the chance that particular amino acids oxidize, and in that situation the more critical issue would appear to be whether the vacuum is still intact. Once oxygen is able to enter a vial, the more fragile amino acids can oxidize as time passes, and the speed of that process would presumably fall as the temperature drops.

I'm with you that once you reach -80F, you run into lower capacity and more specialized equipment. If your methods are meant to push peptide lifespan past a decade, you might end up undermining yourself if the freezer itself can't realistically make it 10 years, for instance.

Notafed said:

tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.
That's more of a different topic. The issue isn't that peptides break down in your bloodstream or at human body temperature on their own. It's that your body deliberately dismantles or clears them as time goes on. As a point of comparison, brand name Mounjaro can be left at room temperature for 1 month and still be used, according to the manufacturer. It will definitely degrade in your body over time, but that breakdown is tiny compared with your body actively attacking it.

Notafed said:

tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.
I'm in the same boat. And none of this is meant as criticism of your choices. I'm only thinking through how those choices came about.

As I see it, several different factors could each turn out to matter for longer-term storage. Which ones carry the most weight isn't clear to me.

Take this example: if a 0F freezer turns out to be more dependable, or simpler to swap out once it dies, that might be worth weighing against a -80F freezer. Your -40F unit could probably be replaced within a sensible timeframe as well.

Ideally, most vials will keep their vacuum the whole time, and in that situation, light, which is already ruled out, and temperature swings would, in my view, be the main sources of stress for delicate molecules. Using a thermos, though a bigger high quality cooler would work just as well for the same purpose, helps with that during power cuts. Broadly speaking, heat transfer rate is always proportional to delta T over a longer outage, meaning that for structures with similar insulation, a bigger delta T leads to a faster temperature change over that stretch. So if someone could swap a -80F freezer for a -160F freezer, that might actually be a bad idea. The same logic applies once a vial is finally taken out of the thermos, though that's usually a single event and I doubt it deserves much weight.

For vials that do lose vacuum, desiccants might help keep moisture from getting in if you're in a humid climate, but they won't stop oxygen from entering. Vacuum sealing and/or freezer bags could genuinely help on that front. You could do that within the thermos or cooler, or you could put the thermos itself inside a vacuum sealed bag or freezer bag to cut down somewhat on the oxygen available to damage vials whose seals aren't perfect.

On the subject of seals, rubber and glass generally have different thermal expansion coefficients, so colder temperatures might compromise those seals and make vacuum loss more likely. The results can be counterintuitive. If rubber contracts more than glass in the cold, that's an obvious failure mode, since a tiny gap could open between the rubber and the glass. If the reverse happens, you'd expect that to remove the risk, but it could instead stress the glass and perhaps crack it. Even without a crack, rubber typically becomes harder and more rigid as it cools, so it could be squeezed smaller on the way down to a lower temperature, which is fine. But on the way back up, that could threaten the vacuum as both materials expand, yet the rubber isn't pliable enough to match the glass expansion rate until some temperature is reached. All of that is theoretical, and I haven't checked whether it's been studied, but it's a line I might pursue if I were trying to be exhaustive, since it could mean that very low temperatures are actually harmful.

Honestly, your approach is likely perfectly fine, but I thought it would be enjoyable to dig into some of these points a bit.
 
Notafed said:

tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
This post rests on plenty of assumptions, but I'll work through them one by one. Thanks to a nelko p21 (a nimbot clone), every vial I own now carries a label. Those labels show the type and yield, and they even carry small qr codes linking to the coa reports. The qr codes might stop working someday, but the information I need is already printed on the vial itself. So no cheer up beer for me, unfortunately. And again — this is partly the autism — I hold the view that once you've spent a few grand on peptides, your stash deserves the best storage you can give it.

The -40 freedom units figure comes from the corporate-funded research side of science, which says at least -20 freedom units is preferable, and colder is even better. https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/...pmental-biology-research/handling-and-storage

If anyone here posts about owning a -80 freedom units freezer, I'll bow down and concede, but I'll also be confident they paid more both to acquire it and to keep it running. In my view the Amazon freezer is a very affordable, practical, cost-to-benefit choice.

Were I stuck with a medical grade low temp freezer, electricity could get pricey, but the Amazon special — though I never tracked my electricity before and after — clearly hasn't raised my energy bills much, and it still works as a deep freezer for frozen food. Credit its dual purpose as a product marketed to normies, plus how efficient chest freezers and heat pumps are.

View: https://youtu.be/CGAhWgkKlHI

The truth is nobody knows whether these glp / incretin hormone memetics hold up long term. Retatrutide especially seems to have many failed reconsutions that I see on reddit. I assume human error, but this peptide might be less ressilant. If they behave like the hgh in Janoshik garage, then this may be overkill. Yet plenty of peptides degrade from heavy vibration alone (sellers overstate this as an easy cop out).

Long term storage isn't recommended or practiced in real research settings. We're going beyond the norm for storage length, and it could turn out like the 28 day rules — a practical nothing burger — or in 5 years those with fridge setups and freezers that cycle and no thermos might start posting about ineffective vials, or showing off pucks exposed to moisture and asking "is this safe to use".

On the origins of glp's

View: https://youtu.be/9dMpY-ZALXc

Science forces these peptides to avoid being broken down for nearly a week inside our bodies. That's only because they are much larger and harder for our bodies to filter out than real incretin hormones. It isn't hard for me to believe that even if a peptide is still recognizable and therefore not "degraded" in an assy beyond a few percent, we may see faster breakdown and therefore less effectiveness from peptides stored a year plus. On top of that, we've already seen a real amount of degradation in just a few weeks or months when testing happens later than the initial testing.

I believe nearly everyone should hesitate to go past even a 5 year supply, and I suspect anyone keeping peptides in a fridge will see issues before that time is up, as will those with regular frost freezers and no insulation. Those with regular grade freezers and thermoses will probably see mostly the same efficacy as me, but if degradation is an exponential process then the gap might widen and become a concern in a few years time.

Ultimately, if you knew me irl, I usually only takes bets I am okay with losing. I'll bet we're not getting off work early — because if we do, I'm happy to lose. If my side of things proves overkill, then that's all it was; but if I'm right, a lot of people will be out a lot of money, more than I spent on a 20 dollar thermos, 10 dollars for a lifetime of descant, and a little over 200 something for a chest freezer I also get to use for food.

8e6a1e7f4995e0c069f6609b295b3ed6d5af2253659d1fe94be42ea7d10322d0.gif
 
tubby said:

I'm curious — why go with -40F instead of simply 0F? 0F is definitely simpler to get, less expensive, and takes less energy to keep up, among other things.

A possible drawback I see with those widely used thermo-style containers: usually you have to take the vial out of its original kit and put it into some kind of container. If you only have a few kits, that's likely no big deal, but once the count grows, you're adding a chance for human error. What I'm getting at is that if you leave things in the original kits (maybe with printed CoAs nearby or notes written right on the kits), the only way products could get mixed up is if the vendor or somebody upstream from you did the mixing. As soon as you begin shifting vials from one container to another, you create room for extra human error. That's particularly true for containers that hold an odd number of vials, where 1 kit ends up split across 2 different containers, or a container ends up with vials from 2 different kits (or worse, 2 different batches).

Fast forward 30 years (the point where ultra-preservation might begin to beat standard preservation methods), after your kids help you move the freezer from your house into the senior housing apartment you just relocated to, you might not remember anymore that the pink tops are the 20mg vials and the green tops are the 5mg vials, and you might not remember how to check that either, because after Facebook merged with Snapchat and bought Google in 2040, the direct link to your Google sheet holding that information quit working, and your kids were too busy farming in the metaverse to spare time helping you figure out how to AI-sync your legacy Google account with your Zuck profile. That'll be especially annoying for you if we happen to be neighbors by then and I'm saying [[Q1]] And then, once I catch the deflated look on your face, I offer to buy you a beer to lift your spirits again.
Take the labels out of the kit and stick them onto the Hydrapeak. That's where Nexaph comes out ahead; the label carries the product name, mass, cap, crimp, date and Lot # in one place. For the vials themselves, P-Touch makes identification even simpler.

And as a bonus, plenty of vials come with free Staph, at no additional cost!

533b45ee34f4c44b388ffefc00138459717ecad59650cbe7322c80e1ee6461b5.jpg
 
Back
Top