Stanford's Universal Intranasal Vaccine Could End Seasonal Viruses

Hotlongs

Explorer
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
EXCITING DEVELOPMENT! A UNIVERSAL vaccine called GLA-3M-052-LS+OVA has been created by researchers at Stanford University. It guards against a broad spectrum of respiratory viruses, bacteria AND even allergens. Administered intranasally, this vaccine offers extensive protection within the lungs for several MONTHS.



8132ec345f9b31c4f1977ab2dd426a28362649a0ac02e4b4e64d4898b56d4081.jpg




Goodbye to seasonal viruses as we know them: the first universal vaccine against respiratory infections and allergies is now closer than ever



A universal nasal vaccine that might shield against respiratory viruses, bacteria and even allergies is moving closer to reality, according to scientists

a96e1c02393d01479294cb6c5afc13e1d4271621c168ef4b12fa1a5d0537cd0b.png



www.ecoticias.com

For more than 230 years, most vaccines have followed the same basic rule. They teach the immune system to recognize a specific antigen, which works well when the target stays relatively stable, but it becomes more complicated when viruses like influenza

Click to expand...

Stanford’s experimental formula, called GLA-3M-052-LS+OVA, takes a different path. It combines molecules that stimulate Toll-like receptors 4 and 7/8 with ovalbumin, a harmless egg protein, so the vaccine can mimic immune “danger signals” and draw T cells into the lungs. In practical terms, the goal is to keep broad local defenses switched on longer, right where many infections first gain a foothold.

What the mouse results actually showed​

In the mouse experiments, the vaccine was delivered through the nose, and some animals received multiple doses one week apart. After three doses, mice were protected against [the flu] and other viruses for at least three months, and the amount of virus in their lungs fell by about 700-fold compared with unvaccinated animals.

Click to expand...
 
Pretty neat. That said, I'm not going to be the first in line for this one — after the covid shot landed me in the hospital, I've learned my lesson 🤣

A broad-spectrum immune boost does sound nice. Pair it with garlic, ginger, D, and zinc and you'd basically be untouchable lol
 
birdwhacker said:

Pretty neat. That said, I'm not going to be the first in line for this one — after the covid shot landed me in the hospital, I've learned my lesson 🤣

A broad-spectrum immune boost does sound nice. Pair it with garlic, ginger, D, and zinc and you'd basically be untouchable lol
Absolutely, pair it with some vitamin D and you'll be untouchable
 
spanky2026 said:

Could I please be a volunteer for the initial trials?!!

Same here! I'd happily volunteer as a test subject for this treatment. Typically, I come down with 2 upper respiratory infections annually.
 
I'm just crossing my fingers that the Chinese market can secure the intellectual property, and that manufacturing it won't break the bank haha😆
 
birdwhacker said:

Pretty neat. That said, I'm not going to be the first in line for this one — after the covid shot landed me in the hospital, I've learned my lesson 🤣

A broad-spectrum immune boost does sound nice. Pair it with garlic, ginger, D, and zinc and you'd basically be untouchable lol
Take a look at Novavax — Costco typically stocks it at their pharmacy. That one is a traditional vaccine, unlike the crappy MRNA ones.
 
Hotlongs said:

birdwhacker said:

Pretty neat. That said, I'm not going to be the first in line for this one — after the covid shot landed me in the hospital, I've learned my lesson 🤣

A broad-spectrum immune boost does sound nice. Pair it with garlic, ginger, D, and zinc and you'd basically be untouchable lol
Take a look at Novavax — Costco typically stocks it at their pharmacy. That one is a traditional vaccine, unlike the crappy MRNA ones.
Maybe once I get a bit older 🤣
 
Strange as it sounds, I haven’t had a serious illness for 3 years. Covid caught me, though the symptoms stayed mild. In past winters, bronchitis was a regular visitor. After I began the peps….. no upper respiratory infections at all. My vaccinations are also kept current, This is going to be interesting to watch.
 
spanky2026 said:

Could I please be a volunteer for the initial trials?!!
Years ago, testing meant using prisoners of war or patients from mental institutions. Now, in 2026, there's no shortage of volunteers eager to dive into anything.

Count me in, man. I was a guinea pig for the covid shot, I'm ready for lab-grown meat, and I'll happily snort the cold vaccine as well. Let's go, lab rats!
 
I'm just not sure this will ever make it to market from big pharma. Their whole playbook revolves around profit, and a product like this stands to wipe out a huge revenue stream for the drug makers. So many trips to the Dr's office would no longer be needed, and everyone knows a Dr's visit usually ends with a handful of prescriptions for antibiotics and similar meds. Perhaps my skepticism toward big pharma runs that deep 🤷‍♀️ but I can see the cash that drug reps pour into wining and dining Dr's so their meds get prescribed.

My sincere hope is that this one gets approved for people who catch every bug going around and for those dealing with asthma.
 
SeaGypsy said:

I'm just not sure this will ever make it to market from big pharma. Their whole playbook revolves around profit, and a product like this stands to wipe out a huge revenue stream for the drug makers. So many trips to the Dr's office would no longer be needed, and everyone knows a Dr's visit usually ends with a handful of prescriptions for antibiotics and similar meds. Perhaps my skepticism toward big pharma runs that deep 🤷‍♀️ but I can see the cash that drug reps pour into wining and dining Dr's so their meds get prescribed.

My sincere hope is that this one gets approved for people who catch every bug going around and for those dealing with asthma.
The same tinfoil hat logic could be applied to glp1s: pharma would supposedly keep them off the market since healthier people mean less profit from sickness. But that clearly didn't happen. Medications that reduce illness can still turn a profit.
 
exploitedworkerbee said:


You could make the exact same tinfoil hat argument about glp1s: they’ll make people healthier so pharma won’t release them because they want people to be sick. Alas, here we are. Drugs that make people less sick are indeed still profitable.

Click to expand...
Honestly, would you rather use a single preventive option or go through 5 antibiotics? On top of that, these companies are pulling in billions from treatments that don’t even work, so naturally they’re chasing every dollar they can. They could charge way less than what each prescription costs now, but…
 
exploitedworkerbee said:

SeaGypsy said:

I'm just not sure this will ever make it to market from big pharma. Their whole playbook revolves around profit, and a product like this stands to wipe out a huge revenue stream for the drug makers. So many trips to the Dr's office would no longer be needed, and everyone knows a Dr's visit usually ends with a handful of prescriptions for antibiotics and similar meds. Perhaps my skepticism toward big pharma runs that deep 🤷‍♀️ but I can see the cash that drug reps pour into wining and dining Dr's so their meds get prescribed.

My sincere hope is that this one gets approved for people who catch every bug going around and for those dealing with asthma.
The same tinfoil hat logic could be applied to glp1s: pharma would supposedly keep them off the market since healthier people mean less profit from sickness. But that clearly didn't happen. Medications that reduce illness can still turn a profit.
I'm with you on that. A single-shot, permanent cure would give me reason to think someone might want to bury it. But a yearly shot? That's a different story.
 
Back
Top