Stacking Retatrutide with Tirzepatide — how do you cap the total?

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
That matches my thinking, though the 4mg claim has drawn push back here. I have a small pile of reta, bought mainly for the glucagon fat burning component. Goal weight is close, but like many people a little belly refuses to leave...Hell, 10 years ago I did 1,000+ miles on the Appalachian Trail and finished at 170lbs...and in the last photo someone took of me, there was the little belly apron... 😎

I know there's far more to addressing the fat than reta alone, but I'll start the resistance work and anything else my research turns up...👍
He addresses that in the video — he says the clinical trial studies show it to be true. So?
On the forum the video won't play (not for me anyway), so here it is by name — the link beneath the video in CNC's post works too.

Stop Wasting Retatrutide! Heres the Sweet Spot (Weightloss Dr. Explains) Dr. Kevin Joseph​#-stop-wasting-retatrutide-heres-the-sweet-spot-weightloss-dr-explains-dr-kevin-joseph
 
Flash-BCR said:

PunctiliousKitten said:

Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
That matches my thinking, though the 4mg claim has drawn push back here. I have a small pile of reta, bought mainly for the glucagon fat burning component. Goal weight is close, but like many people a little belly refuses to leave...Hell, 10 years ago I did 1,000+ miles on the Appalachian Trail and finished at 170lbs...and in the last photo someone took of me, there was the little belly apron... 😎

I know there's far more to addressing the fat than reta alone, but I'll start the resistance work and anything else my research turns up...👍
A full 1,000+ miles on the APPALACHIAN TRAIL?!?

What a blessing, sir. Like omg. All in one go?!

I hit the trails constantly, and my family are always impressed and shocked when I announce "chat later I'm going on a trail" and then manage 5 mile walks every other day. Your numbers would SCALP them! Sheeeshhh
Arizona has no shortage of hiking and it has always been one of my passions....back in the 90's, younger and fitter and braver, I'd train for a few months and then tackle the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim...42 miles carrying 12,000+ft of elevation gain. Under 11 hrs, all in daylight...

So, I did plenty of that, but backpack hiking was new to me, so at 59 years old I figured I'd better do it now, before my body, or my doctor, tells me I can't...so off I went...2 1/2 months worth... 👍
WoW!!!! So cool, and so inspiring! The Appalachians have never seen more than a day hike out of me (I'm a glamping gal - give me a shared flush bathroom and a flat platform for my tent, please) yet your grit has my total admiration!! WTG!!!!
 
Flash-BCR said:

PunctiliousKitten said:

Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
That matches my thinking, though the 4mg claim has drawn push back here. I have a small pile of reta, bought mainly for the glucagon fat burning component. Goal weight is close, but like many people a little belly refuses to leave...Hell, 10 years ago I did 1,000+ miles on the Appalachian Trail and finished at 170lbs...and in the last photo someone took of me, there was the little belly apron... 😎

I know there's far more to addressing the fat than reta alone, but I'll start the resistance work and anything else my research turns up...👍
A full 1,000+ miles on the APPALACHIAN TRAIL?!?

What a blessing, sir. Like omg. All in one go?!

I hit the trails constantly, and my family are always impressed and shocked when I announce "chat later I'm going on a trail" and then manage 5 mile walks every other day. Your numbers would SCALP them! Sheeeshhh
Arizona has no shortage of hiking and it has always been one of my passions....back in the 90's, younger and fitter and braver, I'd train for a few months and then tackle the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim...42 miles carrying 12,000+ft of elevation gain. Under 11 hrs, all in daylight...

So, I did plenty of that, but backpack hiking was new to me, so at 59 years old I figured I'd better do it now, before my body, or my doctor, tells me I can't...so off I went...2 1/2 months worth... 👍
Did your doctor suggest Squaw Peak and the botanical garden were enough for you? ;-)

(Yeah, Dr. Milton Erickson has my great admiration)
 
eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

PunctiliousKitten said:

Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
That matches my thinking, though the 4mg claim has drawn push back here. I have a small pile of reta, bought mainly for the glucagon fat burning component. Goal weight is close, but like many people a little belly refuses to leave...Hell, 10 years ago I did 1,000+ miles on the Appalachian Trail and finished at 170lbs...and in the last photo someone took of me, there was the little belly apron... 😎

I know there's far more to addressing the fat than reta alone, but I'll start the resistance work and anything else my research turns up...👍
A full 1,000+ miles on the APPALACHIAN TRAIL?!?

What a blessing, sir. Like omg. All in one go?!

I hit the trails constantly, and my family are always impressed and shocked when I announce "chat later I'm going on a trail" and then manage 5 mile walks every other day. Your numbers would SCALP them! Sheeeshhh
Arizona has no shortage of hiking and it has always been one of my passions....back in the 90's, younger and fitter and braver, I'd train for a few months and then tackle the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim...42 miles carrying 12,000+ft of elevation gain. Under 11 hrs, all in daylight...

So, I did plenty of that, but backpack hiking was new to me, so at 59 years old I figured I'd better do it now, before my body, or my doctor, tells me I can't...so off I went...2 1/2 months worth... 👍
Did your doctor suggest Squaw Peak and the botanical garden were enough for you? ;-)

(Yeah, Dr. Milton Erickson has my great admiration)
Squaw Peak is where my Canyon training happened, lol....Working up to it would take a few months, but my routine was Monday x2, Tuesday x3, Wednesday x2, Thursday x3, Friday off, then Saturday x6 and Sunday x6...roughly 22 times a week...2.2 miles per trip up and down, 1,200' of elevation gain each time...
 
That's what the study posted here demonstrated: https://investor.lilly.com/news-rel...-agonist-retatrutide-demonstrated-significant

Note: studies like these are written for people who deal in cents. Perhaps that's why the numbers come with so many decimal digits, which only makes them harder to read.

The figure worth focusing on is the most significant one: the first = every result sits in the 10% range across the same time period.


Between 4 mg and 9 mg we see a 25% gain in how effective the weight loss is. For hitting a weight goal, that's the gap between 9 months and 12 months for the same result.

Personally I was in no great hurry: that backpack had been on me for 20 years.

My dose is 10 mg of Reta plus 10 mg of Tirz. Counting the six-week titration up to these doses, that's 15 weeks of taking it.

What I've got so far:

  • 15% of my previous weight has gone somewhere and I forget where (BMI from 32 to <27).
  • The latest labs put my HbA1c at 7.5%, down from 10.5% four months ago.
  • Visceral fat percentage reads 9% on the scale.
  • Around the navel my circumference went from 104 cm to roughly 93-94 cm.

Exhaustion is a constant, and my eczema keeps flaring (My doctor handed me some baby lotion, which does bring relief, but I'm worried he's preparing me for diapers soon...).

Two days out from a Reta dose, my feet feel frozen even though the room sits at 27°C (80°F).

Still, it's worth it.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
I have said this before, but no drug behaves this way. A receptor's response to any agonist traces a stretched out s shaped curve, and everything known about retatrutide's weight loss effects makes it obvious that it performs really very well even at 1mg — 9% weight loss across a year, about 18% at 4mg and 29% at 12mg. A dose-response pattern like that puts the effects at 4mg well into the rising area of that s shaped curve rather than at its start, and puts the 1mg effects well into the rising area too.

So nothing supports the idea that reta has some unique dose at which glucagon agonism switches on. It makes no sense under basic pharmacology, and the weight loss data argues strongly against it. The Doctor behind those youtube videos may well have experience and a medical degree, but what he is saying is factually incorrect and inconsistent with the well understood science of these drugs. He also supports using very low doses of GLP drugs, which again does not match the research , where weight loss is plainly proportional to dose. What motivates him to push medical misinformation I have no idea, and his qualifications leave him no excuse. Anyone who presents themselves as an expert should be obliged to check that what they say is scientifically correct, and if they hold unorthodox beliefs then extraordinary evidence is what their extraordinary claims need.

What bothers me about the claim is that genuinely low doses of reta — 1 or 2 mg — may well be among the best choices for people who only need to shed 10-15% of their bodyweight. At those low doses the risk of unpleasant side effects should be substantially lower, and most likely the risk of rare but severe ones too, which counts for a lot when the people using them face generally lower long term health risks from being over weight or obese.
 
lessthanhalf said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
I have said this before, but no drug behaves this way. A receptor's response to any agonist traces a stretched out s shaped curve, and everything known about retatrutide's weight loss effects makes it obvious that it performs really very well even at 1mg — 9% weight loss across a year, about 18% at 4mg and 29% at 12mg. A dose-response pattern like that puts the effects at 4mg well into the rising area of that s shaped curve rather than at its start, and puts the 1mg effects well into the rising area too.

So nothing supports the idea that reta has some unique dose at which glucagon agonism switches on. It makes no sense under basic pharmacology, and the weight loss data argues strongly against it. The Doctor behind those youtube videos may well have experience and a medical degree, but what he is saying is factually incorrect and inconsistent with the well understood science of these drugs. He also supports using very low doses of GLP drugs, which again does not match the research , where weight loss is plainly proportional to dose. What motivates him to push medical misinformation I have no idea, and his qualifications leave him no excuse. Anyone who presents themselves as an expert should be obliged to check that what they say is scientifically correct, and if they hold unorthodox beliefs then extraordinary evidence is what their extraordinary claims need.

What bothers me about the claim is that genuinely low doses of reta — 1 or 2 mg — may well be among the best choices for people who only need to shed 10-15% of their bodyweight. At those low doses the risk of unpleasant side effects should be substantially lower, and most likely the risk of rare but severe ones too, which counts for a lot when the people using them face generally lower long term health risks from being over weight or obese.
That's your opinion, and it's worth absolute shit!!!! Good to see the ban is over. Haha
 
CNCCurrency said:

lessthanhalf said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
I have said this before, but no drug behaves this way. A receptor's response to any agonist traces a stretched out s shaped curve, and everything known about retatrutide's weight loss effects makes it obvious that it performs really very well even at 1mg — 9% weight loss across a year, about 18% at 4mg and 29% at 12mg. A dose-response pattern like that puts the effects at 4mg well into the rising area of that s shaped curve rather than at its start, and puts the 1mg effects well into the rising area too.

So nothing supports the idea that reta has some unique dose at which glucagon agonism switches on. It makes no sense under basic pharmacology, and the weight loss data argues strongly against it. The Doctor behind those youtube videos may well have experience and a medical degree, but what he is saying is factually incorrect and inconsistent with the well understood science of these drugs. He also supports using very low doses of GLP drugs, which again does not match the research , where weight loss is plainly proportional to dose. What motivates him to push medical misinformation I have no idea, and his qualifications leave him no excuse. Anyone who presents themselves as an expert should be obliged to check that what they say is scientifically correct, and if they hold unorthodox beliefs then extraordinary evidence is what their extraordinary claims need.

What bothers me about the claim is that genuinely low doses of reta — 1 or 2 mg — may well be among the best choices for people who only need to shed 10-15% of their bodyweight. At those low doses the risk of unpleasant side effects should be substantially lower, and most likely the risk of rare but severe ones too, which counts for a lot when the people using them face generally lower long term health risks from being over weight or obese.
That's your opinion, and it's worth absolute shit!!!! Good to see the ban is over. Haha
Somebody should invent a pffffft! reaction gif
 
Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

lessthanhalf said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
I have said this before, but no drug behaves this way. A receptor's response to any agonist traces a stretched out s shaped curve, and everything known about retatrutide's weight loss effects makes it obvious that it performs really very well even at 1mg — 9% weight loss across a year, about 18% at 4mg and 29% at 12mg. A dose-response pattern like that puts the effects at 4mg well into the rising area of that s shaped curve rather than at its start, and puts the 1mg effects well into the rising area too.

So nothing supports the idea that reta has some unique dose at which glucagon agonism switches on. It makes no sense under basic pharmacology, and the weight loss data argues strongly against it. The Doctor behind those youtube videos may well have experience and a medical degree, but what he is saying is factually incorrect and inconsistent with the well understood science of these drugs. He also supports using very low doses of GLP drugs, which again does not match the research , where weight loss is plainly proportional to dose. What motivates him to push medical misinformation I have no idea, and his qualifications leave him no excuse. Anyone who presents themselves as an expert should be obliged to check that what they say is scientifically correct, and if they hold unorthodox beliefs then extraordinary evidence is what their extraordinary claims need.

What bothers me about the claim is that genuinely low doses of reta — 1 or 2 mg — may well be among the best choices for people who only need to shed 10-15% of their bodyweight. At those low doses the risk of unpleasant side effects should be substantially lower, and most likely the risk of rare but severe ones too, which counts for a lot when the people using them face generally lower long term health risks from being over weight or obese.
That's your opinion, and it's worth absolute shit!!!! Good to see the ban is over. Haha
Somebody should invent a pffffft! reaction gif





0f76e8ffc710eb208b625cddb8c074e9866ba0c8fe151f03ddf72fc382127b0e.gif
 
CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

CNCCurrency said:

lessthanhalf said:

CNCCurrency said:

Flash-BCR said:

Tirz is my base, 10mg split dosed...in a couple 3 weeks I'll start working some reta in, going low at first to see how that goes. To my mind tirz and reta doses aren't equivalent 1:1, so my plan is to find the reta dose where the symptoms kick in and baseline from there...
Until you hit a 4 mg dose, Reta's glucagon side isn't doing anything. Below that, what you are taking is nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUL18iO18Oc&list=PLB_RSqpKtbEHo-3C3MCQTepuAIdG85KLs&index=111
I have said this before, but no drug behaves this way. A receptor's response to any agonist traces a stretched out s shaped curve, and everything known about retatrutide's weight loss effects makes it obvious that it performs really very well even at 1mg — 9% weight loss across a year, about 18% at 4mg and 29% at 12mg. A dose-response pattern like that puts the effects at 4mg well into the rising area of that s shaped curve rather than at its start, and puts the 1mg effects well into the rising area too.

So nothing supports the idea that reta has some unique dose at which glucagon agonism switches on. It makes no sense under basic pharmacology, and the weight loss data argues strongly against it. The Doctor behind those youtube videos may well have experience and a medical degree, but what he is saying is factually incorrect and inconsistent with the well understood science of these drugs. He also supports using very low doses of GLP drugs, which again does not match the research , where weight loss is plainly proportional to dose. What motivates him to push medical misinformation I have no idea, and his qualifications leave him no excuse. Anyone who presents themselves as an expert should be obliged to check that what they say is scientifically correct, and if they hold unorthodox beliefs then extraordinary evidence is what their extraordinary claims need.

What bothers me about the claim is that genuinely low doses of reta — 1 or 2 mg — may well be among the best choices for people who only need to shed 10-15% of their bodyweight. At those low doses the risk of unpleasant side effects should be substantially lower, and most likely the risk of rare but severe ones too, which counts for a lot when the people using them face generally lower long term health risks from being over weight or obese.
That's your opinion, and it's worth absolute shit!!!! Good to see the ban is over. Haha
Somebody should invent a pffffft! reaction gif





View attachment 103
And there it is!!!...all it needs is shrinking down to pocket size.... 👍
 

Attachments

  • 0f76e8ffc710eb208b625cddb8c074e9866ba0c8fe151f03ddf72fc382127b0e.gif
    0f76e8ffc710eb208b625cddb8c074e9866ba0c8fe151f03ddf72fc382127b0e.gif
    249.9 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top