Stacking Eloralintide with Tirzepatide/Retatrutide — When to Dose

JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.

There are passionate camps on either side when it comes to splitting doses, and plenty of users insist it works better for them. As I see it, sticking to a once-a-week schedule for glp-1s has less to do with pharmacology and more to do with whether people actually stay consistent. Research on medication in general, I believe, has indicated that roughly 50% of patients fail to follow their prescribed regimen. For injectable drugs, that figure is probably higher still.

One camp says the spike-and-trough pattern is necessary; the other says keeping levels steady reduces side effects. Of those 2 positions, the second strikes me as the more believable one, not the first.

My first attempt at stacking an amylin agonist (cagri) on the very same day as my tirzepatide shot was a spectacularly bad idea 😂 😂 😂. Because I'd already used glp-1s for a while, I assumed I'd handle it without issue, and I told myself it was fine since NN tested cagrisema that way. For the following 3 evenings I kept passing out on the couch around 8pm, and it wasn't a pleasant kind of tired. Spacing the injections apart made a big difference, yet cagri still left me feeling wiped out. Looking back, cutting my tirz dose substantially would have been the smarter move, but I never did that.

What I'd tell anyone: separate the shots, ramp up gradually [and you may want to lower your primary glp-1 as you move forward].
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.
Given these circumstances, I would absolutely give it a shot. I'm interested to find out how it turns out. Plenty of test data exists on this, though not when Tirz is micro dosed.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.

I use Reta alongside Sema, dividing the total into 4 shots taken at roughly equal intervals.

Because Elora’s half-life is much longer—about 2-3 times—I’m not sure splitting the dose would make much difference.
 
Grogu said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.

There are passionate camps on either side when it comes to splitting doses, and plenty of users insist it works better for them. As I see it, sticking to a once-a-week schedule for glp-1s has less to do with pharmacology and more to do with whether people actually stay consistent. Research on medication in general, I believe, has indicated that roughly 50% of patients fail to follow their prescribed regimen. For injectable drugs, that figure is probably higher still.

One camp says the spike-and-trough pattern is necessary; the other says keeping levels steady reduces side effects. Of those 2 positions, the second strikes me as the more believable one, not the first.

My first attempt at stacking an amylin agonist (cagri) on the very same day as my tirzepatide shot was a spectacularly bad idea 😂 😂 😂. Because I'd already used glp-1s for a while, I assumed I'd handle it without issue, and I told myself it was fine since NN tested cagrisema that way. For the following 3 evenings I kept passing out on the couch around 8pm, and it wasn't a pleasant kind of tired. Spacing the injections apart made a big difference, yet cagri still left me feeling wiped out. Looking back, cutting my tirz dose substantially would have been the smarter move, but I never did that.

What I'd tell anyone: separate the shots, ramp up gradually [and you may want to lower your primary glp-1 as you move forward].
At what Cagri dose did you end up knocked out for 3 days? I started .25 Cagri just last week.
 
Enyola said:

RaisingParrot6909 said:

chewonmysac said:

If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.
Does elora have a set protocol? For instance, is it meant to be reconstituted with bac water, or is there a different type of water that should be used for mixing it?
The complete discussion about this can be found at:

/community-link/thread/21232/
Thanks
 
SimpleTex said:

Spork said:

indolent said:

If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
For the most recent clinical trial results that came out on Elora plus Tirz, is the dosing schedule known?

Those results were clearly very strong, and my guess is participants weren't dividing up their tirzepatide into separate shots. That said, did they inject the Eloralintide on the same day they took their tirzepatide?

(I don't have a hard rule against splitting my tirz dose or anything like that — I'm simply after the easiest route, and fewer injections is preferable)
Keep in mind this is a marathon, not a sprint. You didn't mention how your results are progressing. That said, you're already at the full Tirzepatide dose and now you're adding Retatrutide, with a dose increase on that coming soon too. My worry is that you could be pushing too hard and end up overwhelming your receptors. If you're still seeing monthly results, even small ones, I'd reconsider your dosing plan — perhaps lower or cut one of them. One option: dial back the Tirz a bit, bring in the Eloralintide, and stop the Retatrutide entirely. Running all three at once seems like it could be too much.

Buddy, this grind has been going on for something like 4 decades for me, haha

Still, those clinical trial curves where weight loss flattens out don't lie. It really looks like there's a point in time when you max out and stall. My plan for now, at least until I've actually got some Eloralintide sitting in my hands, is to keep pushing the reta higher until side effects show up or get bad enough to interfere with daily life. At 15mg tirz / 4mg reta so far, nothing new has popped up on the side effect front.

If things worked the way I'd want them to, retatrutide + eloralintide alone would be my pick. Theoretically that combo hits the most receptors, which should look best long term for keeping weight off and for losing weight over the short-to-medium stretch.

Between January and the end of May I dropped 60lbs (the losses kicked in once my tirz dose reached 10mg), and then nothing moved for 2 months. There's still around 120lbs left to go. Semaglutide was my starting point back in June of last year, and honestly it went terribly. In some ways I think it set me back rather than helped, since no weight came off but the side effects showed up anyway, which then meant tirzepatide had to be dosed higher before it did anything.

So now I'm chasing the dragon, lol
 
Grogu said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.

There are passionate camps on either side when it comes to splitting doses, and plenty of users insist it works better for them. As I see it, sticking to a once-a-week schedule for glp-1s has less to do with pharmacology and more to do with whether people actually stay consistent. Research on medication in general, I believe, has indicated that roughly 50% of patients fail to follow their prescribed regimen. For injectable drugs, that figure is probably higher still.

One camp says the spike-and-trough pattern is necessary; the other says keeping levels steady reduces side effects. Of those 2 positions, the second strikes me as the more believable one, not the first.

My first attempt at stacking an amylin agonist (cagri) on the very same day as my tirzepatide shot was a spectacularly bad idea 😂 😂 😂. Because I'd already used glp-1s for a while, I assumed I'd handle it without issue, and I told myself it was fine since NN tested cagrisema that way. For the following 3 evenings I kept passing out on the couch around 8pm, and it wasn't a pleasant kind of tired. Spacing the injections apart made a big difference, yet cagri still left me feeling wiped out. Looking back, cutting my tirz dose substantially would have been the smarter move, but I never did that.

What I'd tell anyone: separate the shots, ramp up gradually [and you may want to lower your primary glp-1 as you move forward].
That does sound like you've given it plenty of consideration, no doubt. Me, I tend to skip all that and simply act on whatever hits me first — which explains why there are 2 kits of reta sitting in my fridge that I've basically lost interest in. Maybe not at this moment, but you never know down the line, right? Anyway, I agree that using Tirz and Elora once a week each makes more sense. Now I just need to work out the dosing, though it ought to be pretty straightforward: space them out as widely as possible across the 7 days and stick with that arrangement. As for amounts, I'm leaning toward something like 5mg tirz on Monday plus 0,5-1mg Elora on Friday, just to give an example.

SimpleTex said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.
Given these circumstances, I would absolutely give it a shot. I'm interested to find out how it turns out. Plenty of test data exists on this, though not when Tirz is micro dosed.
Yeah, that's correct. Count me as another one in favor of the weekly schedule.
 
spanky2026 said:

Grogu said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.

There are passionate camps on either side when it comes to splitting doses, and plenty of users insist it works better for them. As I see it, sticking to a once-a-week schedule for glp-1s has less to do with pharmacology and more to do with whether people actually stay consistent. Research on medication in general, I believe, has indicated that roughly 50% of patients fail to follow their prescribed regimen. For injectable drugs, that figure is probably higher still.

One camp says the spike-and-trough pattern is necessary; the other says keeping levels steady reduces side effects. Of those 2 positions, the second strikes me as the more believable one, not the first.

My first attempt at stacking an amylin agonist (cagri) on the very same day as my tirzepatide shot was a spectacularly bad idea 😂 😂 😂. Because I'd already used glp-1s for a while, I assumed I'd handle it without issue, and I told myself it was fine since NN tested cagrisema that way. For the following 3 evenings I kept passing out on the couch around 8pm, and it wasn't a pleasant kind of tired. Spacing the injections apart made a big difference, yet cagri still left me feeling wiped out. Looking back, cutting my tirz dose substantially would have been the smarter move, but I never did that.

What I'd tell anyone: separate the shots, ramp up gradually [and you may want to lower your primary glp-1 as you move forward].
At what Cagri dose did you end up knocked out for 3 days? I started .25 Cagri just last week.

On the very day I took 20mg of tirzepatide, I also gave myself a 1mg cagri injection as my opening dose. Definitely not among my smartest decisions.... Though cagrisema is administered on the same day, isn't it? 😂😂😂

Normally I'm someone who thinks things through.... On this occasion, caution went out the window.
 
This thread has been a huge help, and I appreciate everyone sharing their own stories. Once I begin next week, I'll contribute mine as well. Right now I have 3 vials, each 10mg, plus I'm hoping a few kits will arrive from a GB. Tirzepatide stays part of my routine and I don't plan to drop it. My weekly tirz amount sits around 10-12mg (I've been playing around with both the dose and how often I take it), but I'm moving back to once-a-week dosing. Sunday will be my next tirz shot, followed by my very first eloralintide dose on either Wednesday or Thursday. What I can't decide is what tirz amount makes sense while I'm stacking eloralintide. To play it safe, I'm beginning at 0,5mg eloralintide so I can watch how my body responds. Does anyone have input on the tirz dose I should use?
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

This thread has been a huge help, and I appreciate everyone sharing their own stories. Once I begin next week, I'll contribute mine as well. Right now I have 3 vials, each 10mg, plus I'm hoping a few kits will arrive from a GB. Tirzepatide stays part of my routine and I don't plan to drop it. My weekly tirz amount sits around 10-12mg (I've been playing around with both the dose and how often I take it), but I'm moving back to once-a-week dosing. Sunday will be my next tirz shot, followed by my very first eloralintide dose on either Wednesday or Thursday. What I can't decide is what tirz amount makes sense while I'm stacking eloralintide. To play it safe, I'm beginning at 0,5mg eloralintide so I can watch how my body responds. Does anyone have input on the tirz dose I should use?
The other day I read the study referenced on the Incretin Blog (https://the-incretins.beehiiv.com/p/eloralintide-tirzepatide-bariatric-surgery-results), where subjects were given as much as 9mg of Elora alongside 15mg of tirz. Given that you're running an experiment, keeping to a single variable at a time is the sensible approach. If it were me, I'd begin by holding your tirz dose steady and layering Elora on top first, then adjust only one thing at a time. For instance: weeks 1-2, T10mg plus E1mg; weeks 3-4, T9mg plus E1mg; weeks 4-5, T9mg plus E1.5mg, and so on. I'm not suggesting those particular doses or intervals for you (my own Elora GBs haven't arrived yet), just that changing only one factor at a time lets you identify what is actually doing the work.

I'm likewise thankful to those who post about their experiences, and just as JohannesSweden77 said, I'll report back with my own findings once I have them!
 
Back
Top