JohannesSweden77 said:
Jumping into this thread.
For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.
- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?
- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?
My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.
There are passionate camps on either side when it comes to splitting doses, and plenty of users insist it works better for them. As I see it, sticking to a once-a-week schedule for glp-1s has less to do with pharmacology and more to do with whether people actually stay consistent. Research on medication in general, I believe, has indicated that roughly 50% of patients fail to follow their prescribed regimen. For injectable drugs, that figure is probably higher still.
One camp says the spike-and-trough pattern is necessary; the other says keeping levels steady reduces side effects. Of those 2 positions, the second strikes me as the more believable one, not the first.
My first attempt at stacking an amylin agonist (cagri) on the very same day as my tirzepatide shot was a spectacularly bad idea
What I'd tell anyone: separate the shots, ramp up gradually [and you may want to lower your primary glp-1 as you move forward].