Stacking Eloralintide with Tirzepatide/Retatrutide — When to Dose

Spork

Explorer
Joined
Mar 2, 2026
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
Where I'm at right now:

Got on Wegovy about 12 months back since my insurance picked up the whole tab. Barely dropped any weight and had rough GI issues the whole time. So I ditched it. Not a fan at all.

Switched over to Trizepatide in January, sitting at 15mg now. Problem is I've been stuck at the same weight for a little over 4 weeks even though I've taken off roughly 60 lbs since starting. Still need to shed 100+ lbs, so...

Added Retatrutide (2mg) 7 days ago, and the moment I can source some, Eloralintide goes in the stack as well.

On to my questions:

Tirzepatide goes in on Monday. 15mg, 1x per week.

Retatrutide goes in on Thursday. 2mg, 1x per week (planning to run this for another 3 weeks, then bump to 4mg 1x per week for 4 weeks, and so on)

My reasoning: I was dealing with the classic pattern of appetite creeping back on days 5, 6 and 7, BUT like everyone knows, Retatrutide doesn't pack the same hunger-killing punch that Tirzepatide does. I still need more coverage.

So once Eloralintide enters the picture, how should I lay out the injections?

Should I move to taking Tirzepatide and Retatrutide both on Monday, with Eloralintide on Thursday?

My thinking is that if Eloralintide turns out to give me strong appetite control, I could look at lowering my Tirzepatide dose and just run Reta+Elora rather than juggling 3 compounds.

I've definitely stockpiled more than enough Tirz+Reta to keep running both for a long stretch, but on paper at least, Reta+Elora ought to do the trick.

Anyone in a comparable spot have input?
 
If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
 
indolent said:

If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
For the most recent clinical trial results that came out on Elora plus Tirz, is the dosing schedule known?

Those results were clearly very strong, and my guess is participants weren't dividing up their tirzepatide into separate shots. That said, did they inject the Eloralintide on the same day they took their tirzepatide?

(I don't have a hard rule against splitting my tirz dose or anything like that — I'm simply after the easiest route, and fewer injections is preferable)
 
If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.
 
chewonmysac said:

If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.

Yeah, it does get somewhat complicated... the choice I'm facing right now is whether to keep titrating beyond 15mg weekly, switch to injecting every 5 days rather than 7, or... bring retatrutide into the mix.

I went with adding retatrutide, with the hope that glucagon-driven thermogenic activity will push the scale downward and keep it heading that way.

My guess is that the end goal I'm aiming for will probably be retatrutide + eloralintide on their own (which is part of why I've begun adding), but figuring out how to actually arrive there is a bit of a puzzle - and as you said, I don't want any part of this to blow up in my face.

Considering that 2.4mg of semaglutide did nothing for my weight and I'm now stalling around 15mg of tirzepatide, I'm definitely not some kind of super responder - just a person hunting for that hard-to-pin-down combination.

I'm really hoping that pairing eloralintide (with either reta or tirz) turns out to be the magic bullet that handles the heavy lifting.
 
chewonmysac said:

If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.

What leads you to that conclusion? I'm not following the reasoning behind it.
 
Spork said:

indolent said:

If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
For the most recent clinical trial results that came out on Elora plus Tirz, is the dosing schedule known?

Those results were clearly very strong, and my guess is participants weren't dividing up their tirzepatide into separate shots. That said, did they inject the Eloralintide on the same day they took their tirzepatide?

(I don't have a hard rule against splitting my tirz dose or anything like that — I'm simply after the easiest route, and fewer injections is preferable)
Honestly, I have no idea. The early data from that trial didn’t include much detail. Still, my hunch is they’re aiming for a combination formulation, which would mean a single weekly injection rather than splitting doses across days.

Personally, I lean toward spacing out the administration of separate medications so that if side effects appear, it’s easier to pinpoint which one caused them. The opposing view is that adverse effects could show up 3-4 days afterward.
 
To be honest, stacking Tirz and Reta together doesn't really make sense to me — though perhaps that's only my own take.
 
I've been reading accounts on here from folks who moved from tirzepatide over to retatrutide. The pattern is nearly always the same: once they switch, they describe intense hunger, louder food noise, weight coming back, and so on.

These are not the same drug. They hit different receptors, and they do so in different pairings. So if a given compound either isn't doing the job for you, or isn't doing it as well as it once did or as well as it does for other people, layering in a second one and running the combo isn't an unreasonable move.

On top of that, the Phase 1b data that came out for Tirz+Reta together looked strong. What we don't have is comparable trial data for tirz+reta — only personal reports from people in the research community, same as us.
 
(just to clear this up, what I meant to write was that the results from pairing tirz with elora looked impressive, and that no data had come out yet on pairing tirz with reta — my mistake)
 
Spork said:

I've been reading accounts on here from folks who moved from tirzepatide over to retatrutide. The pattern is nearly always the same: once they switch, they describe intense hunger, louder food noise, weight coming back, and so on.

These are not the same drug. They hit different receptors, and they do so in different pairings. So if a given compound either isn't doing the job for you, or isn't doing it as well as it once did or as well as it does for other people, layering in a second one and running the combo isn't an unreasonable move.

On top of that, the Phase 1b data that came out for Tirz+Reta together looked strong. What we don't have is comparable trial data for tirz+reta — only personal reports from people in the research community, same as us.

let's put this reasoning to the test

Tirzepatide appears to suppress appetite more strongly, despite working through the GLP-1 suppression route.

So the question is: what explains that?

One possibility is that retatrutide's effect on heart rate is behind it — retatrutide burns a few extra calories (which is why you'd see resting heart rate climb by roughly 10 bpm), and that could account for the weaker appetite suppression. Just speculation.

If appetite is what a person is trying to bring down, it would make sense to target appetite through another pathway — something like cagri, or …?
 
Main75 said:

Spork said:

I've been reading accounts on here from folks who moved from tirzepatide over to retatrutide. The pattern is nearly always the same: once they switch, they describe intense hunger, louder food noise, weight coming back, and so on.

These are not the same drug. They hit different receptors, and they do so in different pairings. So if a given compound either isn't doing the job for you, or isn't doing it as well as it once did or as well as it does for other people, layering in a second one and running the combo isn't an unreasonable move.

On top of that, the Phase 1b data that came out for Tirz+Reta together looked strong. What we don't have is comparable trial data for tirz+reta — only personal reports from people in the research community, same as us.

let's put this reasoning to the test

Tirzepatide appears to suppress appetite more strongly, despite working through the GLP-1 suppression route.

So the question is: what explains that?

One possibility is that retatrutide's effect on heart rate is behind it — retatrutide burns a few extra calories (which is why you'd see resting heart rate climb by roughly 10 bpm), and that could account for the weaker appetite suppression. Just speculation.

If appetite is what a person is trying to bring down, it would make sense to target appetite through another pathway — something like cagri, or …?


A chart comparing how various GLP-1 drugs activate different receptors


I kept coming across a chart that claimed to show the relative potencies of several weight loss medications in humans. My first thought was that it had to be inaccurate, but after verifying it against academic sources, every detail lined up. The drugs listed are semaglutide, tirzepatide, retatrutide, mazdutide, and survodutide...

Image unavailable

GLP1Chat.com
 
Spork said:

I've been reading accounts on here from folks who moved from tirzepatide over to retatrutide. The pattern is nearly always the same: once they switch, they describe intense hunger, louder food noise, weight coming back, and so on.

These are not the same drug. They hit different receptors, and they do so in different pairings. So if a given compound either isn't doing the job for you, or isn't doing it as well as it once did or as well as it does for other people, layering in a second one and running the combo isn't an unreasonable move.

On top of that, the Phase 1b data that came out for Tirz+Reta together looked strong. What we don't have is comparable trial data for tirz+reta — only personal reports from people in the research community, same as us.
Every week I use 10 mg each of Reta and Tirz. The main reason is diabetes control rather than weight reduction, though dropping pounds is a nice bonus.

From 10.5, my HbA1c has fallen to 7.5. The dawn phenomenon — blood sugar climbing by itself 1 hour before I wake — is gone. My BMI went from 31-32 down to 27. After eating 60g of biltong, tonight’s blood sugar reading = 100 mg/dl.

Before this, I was on 5 mg of Mounjaro alone; it did nothing for my blood sugar and only kept my weight within a 2 kg window. Even earlier, I spent a year on Victoza with zero results.

You bring up appetite suppression, yet nothing about weight loss on Sema or your 15 mg of Tirz.

If 15 mg of Tirz isn't producing weight loss, and you're eating well, then it's not effective for you. We now know of mutations that cause as much as 160 times lower receptor affinity.
 
chewonmysac said:

If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.
Does elora have a set protocol? For instance, is it meant to be reconstituted with bac water, or is there a different type of water that should be used for mixing it?
 
eidos said:

Spork said:

I've been reading accounts on here from folks who moved from tirzepatide over to retatrutide. The pattern is nearly always the same: once they switch, they describe intense hunger, louder food noise, weight coming back, and so on.

These are not the same drug. They hit different receptors, and they do so in different pairings. So if a given compound either isn't doing the job for you, or isn't doing it as well as it once did or as well as it does for other people, layering in a second one and running the combo isn't an unreasonable move.

On top of that, the Phase 1b data that came out for Tirz+Reta together looked strong. What we don't have is comparable trial data for tirz+reta — only personal reports from people in the research community, same as us.
Every week I use 10 mg each of Reta and Tirz. The main reason is diabetes control rather than weight reduction, though dropping pounds is a nice bonus.

From 10.5, my HbA1c has fallen to 7.5. The dawn phenomenon — blood sugar climbing by itself 1 hour before I wake — is gone. My BMI went from 31-32 down to 27. After eating 60g of biltong, tonight’s blood sugar reading = 100 mg/dl.

Before this, I was on 5 mg of Mounjaro alone; it did nothing for my blood sugar and only kept my weight within a 2 kg window. Even earlier, I spent a year on Victoza with zero results.

You bring up appetite suppression, yet nothing about weight loss on Sema or your 15 mg of Tirz.

If 15 mg of Tirz isn't producing weight loss, and you're eating well, then it's not effective for you. We now know of mutations that cause as much as 160 times lower receptor affinity.
Could you share your weekly routine for tirz and reta? What's your tirz dosage in mg per injection? Thanks
 
Not trying to put down another human test subject, but has it crossed your mind to simply have a truly satisfying meal rather than randomly stacking two separate GLP medications and an amylin agonist?
 
RaisingParrot6909 said:

chewonmysac said:

If Elora is going into the mix, my recommendation is to pick just 1 of Tirz or Reta — not both. Running all 3 simultaneously looks like too much, no matter how the doses are split up, and the likely outcome is a net negative instead of breaking the stall you're after.
Does elora have a set protocol? For instance, is it meant to be reconstituted with bac water, or is there a different type of water that should be used for mixing it?
The complete discussion about this can be found at:

/community-link/thread/21232/
 
Spork said:

indolent said:

If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
For the most recent clinical trial results that came out on Elora plus Tirz, is the dosing schedule known?

Those results were clearly very strong, and my guess is participants weren't dividing up their tirzepatide into separate shots. That said, did they inject the Eloralintide on the same day they took their tirzepatide?

(I don't have a hard rule against splitting my tirz dose or anything like that — I'm simply after the easiest route, and fewer injections is preferable)
Keep in mind this is a marathon, not a sprint. You didn't mention how your results are progressing. That said, you're already at the full Tirzepatide dose and now you're adding Retatrutide, with a dose increase on that coming soon too. My worry is that you could be pushing too hard and end up overwhelming your receptors. If you're still seeing monthly results, even small ones, I'd reconsider your dosing plan — perhaps lower or cut one of them. One option: dial back the Tirz a bit, bring in the Eloralintide, and stop the Retatrutide entirely. Running all three at once seems like it could be too much.
 
SimpleTex said:

Spork said:

indolent said:

If tirzepatide is only buying you 5 days of appetite suppression, my first move would be to split the dose.

Roughly:

Monday — reta & tirz (1/2 dose)

Thursday — tirz (1/2 dose)

eloralintide on Saturday
For the most recent clinical trial results that came out on Elora plus Tirz, is the dosing schedule known?

Those results were clearly very strong, and my guess is participants weren't dividing up their tirzepatide into separate shots. That said, did they inject the Eloralintide on the same day they took their tirzepatide?

(I don't have a hard rule against splitting my tirz dose or anything like that — I'm simply after the easiest route, and fewer injections is preferable)
Keep in mind this is a marathon, not a sprint. You didn't mention how your results are progressing. That said, you're already at the full Tirzepatide dose and now you're adding Retatrutide, with a dose increase on that coming soon too. My worry is that you could be pushing too hard and end up overwhelming your receptors. If you're still seeing monthly results, even small ones, I'd reconsider your dosing plan — perhaps lower or cut one of them. One option: dial back the Tirz a bit, bring in the Eloralintide, and stop the Retatrutide entirely. Running all three at once seems like it could be too much.

Conceptually I'm with you, but I haven't seen any actual data showing that amylin or GLP-1 receptors become saturated or lose sensitivity due to excessive stimulation. My bigger worry would be the potential for side effects when combining these agents.
 
Jumping into this thread.

For about a month I was stuck at a plateau, and around the same time I began noticing that pre-dose-increase sensation. Rather than moving my dose up, I switched my tirzepatide schedule to every 3 days rather than once weekly, and dropped it from 10mg per week down to 5mg every 3 days. At first that worked quite well, but then it seemed to lose effectiveness, so I raised it to 7mg. So far I've done 7mg, then another 7mg 3 days afterward, so I'll find out whether that helps. I've got some Eloralintide on hand that I'd like to add in, and I was hoping for tips plus other members' experiences with stacking tirz and elora.

- What dose, and how much time should separate the doses?

- Should they be taken on different days, or the same day?

My plan was to begin Elora at 1 mg weekly, but I'm unsure how to handle the tirz alongside it.
 
Back
Top