Splitting the weekly test dose around my work week?

Shittersfull

Explorer
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
Very new to trt. I accept this might be a stupid idea, so hear me out and pull it apart. I have been on 20mg test c on alternate days. Love it. But I got to wondering: my working week runs Tuesday thru Friday, with sat, sun and Monday off. At work I only do aerobic stuff plus a bit of band work. On my off days I lift what is heavy for me, swing kettle bells and push far harder. Would it be daft to push the dose up at weekends and pull it back during the working week? I had in mind something like 12mg monday (which seams to need 24 hours before it hits me), 12 mg wendsday, then 25mg friday (so it is working by the weekend). Then 10 mg saterday, leaving my t a touch lower at work and a touch higher at home? Or would that just mess with my estrogen too much?
 
Awful plan. What you want is levels as steady as possible. No growth happens while you are exercising.
 
Steady test levels are the whole point. Spiking does nothing except make you feel up and down. Being on more test while you lift heavy brings very little. Growth is what happens afterwards, in recovery. If you are going to change anything, look at your overall dose. 20mg every other day comes to roughly 80mg a week - on the low side. Have you pulled labs on your T since starting? For most people 700-900 is a sweet spot. Mine came back at 1257. I feel great and my hematocrit is fine.
 
I moved to pinning daily. 20 tics a day of Test E 300. PIP is basically nil and I am not aromatising. That works out at 140 ml over 7 days. I could likely dose higher, but I am getting results as it is. Nice steady influx of Test, so that heart surge from my old pinning days is gone. 0.5 ml was twice weekly before.
 
Shittersfull said:

Very new to trt. I accept this might be a stupid idea, so hear me out and pull it apart. I have been on 20mg test c on alternate days. Love it. But I got to wondering: my working week runs Tuesday thru Friday, with sat, sun and Monday off. At work I only do aerobic stuff plus a bit of band work. On my off days I lift what is heavy for me, swing kettle bells and push far harder. Would it be daft to push the dose up at weekends and pull it back during the working week? I had in mind something like 12mg monday (which seams to need 24 hours before it hits me), 12 mg wendsday, then 25mg friday (so it is working by the weekend). Then 10 mg saterday, leaving my t a touch lower at work and a touch higher at home? Or would that just mess with my estrogen too much?
70mg weekly? Where does that land your levels?
 
Count me in on the "meh" side as well - what do your levels come back at?

50mg on M/W/F for me. I get labs drawn Monday mornings.

Glad I caught this thread before heading to work - I have not pinned today's test or the Reta yet.
 
I have not pulled labs since I began. I have been on it roughly 1 month now. My dr started me on 200mg every 14 days and gave me that first shot of 200mg herself. I waited a week, felt barely any change, and began 20mg at day 8. 20mg eod ever since. I feel far better than I did at a natural number of 215. No labs since starting yet. I will get them checked in a few more weeks, then meet my dr to adjust if needed. I definitely want a bigger script, so I can tune my own dosage to optimize how I feel. What I am considering is cutting my dose for roughly 10 days ahead of the retest, to pull the number down so she will prescribe more. Is that a dumb idea?
 
Shittersfull said:

I have not pulled labs since I began. I have been on it roughly 1 month now. My dr started me on 200mg every 14 days and gave me that first shot of 200mg herself. I waited a week, felt barely any change, and began 20mg at day 8. 20mg eod ever since. I feel far better than I did at a natural number of 215. No labs since starting yet. I will get them checked in a few more weeks, then meet my dr to adjust if needed. I definitely want a bigger script, so I can tune my own dosage to optimize how I feel. What I am considering is cutting my dose for roughly 10 days ahead of the retest, to pull the number down so she will prescribe more. Is that a dumb idea?

You really should be looking for another provider - a single 200mg jab every other week is complete nonsense.

I am with TRTNation, on an Rx of 200mg/week; I take 150mg/week and run my own care under their general supervision.
 
woundcarping said:

Shittersfull said:

I have not pulled labs since I began. I have been on it roughly 1 month now. My dr started me on 200mg every 14 days and gave me that first shot of 200mg herself. I waited a week, felt barely any change, and began 20mg at day 8. 20mg eod ever since. I feel far better than I did at a natural number of 215. No labs since starting yet. I will get them checked in a few more weeks, then meet my dr to adjust if needed. I definitely want a bigger script, so I can tune my own dosage to optimize how I feel. What I am considering is cutting my dose for roughly 10 days ahead of the retest, to pull the number down so she will prescribe more. Is that a dumb idea?

You really should be looking for another provider - a single 200mg jab every other week is complete nonsense.

I am with TRTNation, on an Rx of 200mg/week; I take 150mg/week and run my own care under their general supervision.
Thanks for the input. If nothing changes I will switch to a different provider, but I want to give it a bit more time first. I am feeling far better than I was. And I handle my own injections now, so the split is entirely up to me. 400 mg spread across a month however I like is still low, though I think she will raise the dose once I do labs. Insurance covers it and it costs me $5 a month. So sticking with this route will probably work out better in the end.
 
Has anyone here tried pinning testosterone with one of those pens? I might start a thread about it - I did search first. Daily injections would be effortless with one. Could it push through a fine needle? What gauge would be needed? Does an auto pen have enough force behind it, or would I be stuck with a manual one?
 
Worth remembering Test does not work like HGH. Injecting 12mg today does not mean that 12mg lifts your test only for today. There are peaks and throughs, and cyp has a half life of 6 days, so changing the dose every day will give you wild peaks and throughs.
 
Mochizuki0124 said:

Worth remembering Test does not work like HGH. Injecting 12mg today does not mean that 12mg lifts your test only for today. There are peaks and throughs, and cyp has a half life of 6 days, so changing the dose every day will give you wild peaks and throughs.
Wouldn't pinning test c every day compress those peaks and valleys and make them more frequent? The way the body does it naturally. Test is highest first thing, then falls off by the evening.
 
Shittersfull said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Worth remembering Test does not work like HGH. Injecting 12mg today does not mean that 12mg lifts your test only for today. There are peaks and throughs, and cyp has a half life of 6 days, so changing the dose every day will give you wild peaks and throughs.
Wouldn't pinning test c every day compress those peaks and valleys and make them more frequent? The way the body does it naturally. Test is highest first thing, then falls off by the evening.
Lots of people back the daily approach for flattening peaks and keeping aromatisation in check.

At that dose, low as it is, levels will take a while to climb - what you are feeling is probably placebo.

Starting again, I would not have begun at 200mg (that is 100 2x a week), because it pushed mine too high.

Here is how a weekly 200 of Test-ethanoate shows up on my labs. YMMV, since we all respond differently :

began in June, and at 60 days of 200wk it was only 659 - the September test came back too high





d180b4a5be0ffd3bd8e09addb4c9538caefc2d35b8a83fee09835964bfbb799c.webp
 
Shittersfull said:

Has anyone here tried pinning testosterone with one of those pens? I might start a thread about it - I did search first. Daily injections would be effortless with one. Could it push through a fine needle? What gauge would be needed? Does an auto pen have enough force behind it, or would I be stuck with a manual one?

Oil and my pens don’t get on well.

For just a few units daily, a 29g needle handles it fast, easily and accurately.
 
Skidude said:

Shittersfull said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Worth remembering Test does not work like HGH. Injecting 12mg today does not mean that 12mg lifts your test only for today. There are peaks and throughs, and cyp has a half life of 6 days, so changing the dose every day will give you wild peaks and throughs.
Wouldn't pinning test c every day compress those peaks and valleys and make them more frequent? The way the body does it naturally. Test is highest first thing, then falls off by the evening.
Lots of people back the daily approach for flattening peaks and keeping aromatisation in check.

At that dose, low as it is, levels will take a while to climb - what you are feeling is probably placebo.

Starting again, I would not have begun at 200mg (that is 100 2x a week), because it pushed mine too high.

Here is how a weekly 200 of Test-ethanoate shows up on my labs. YMMV, since we all respond differently :

began in June, and at 60 days of 200wk it was only 659 - the September test came back too high





View attachment 240
Appreciate the chart and the details. On lab days, did you track how many days had passed since your shot when blood was drawn? Does your dosing frequency change that? Mine insists on drawing on day 5, counted from the 200mg injection. I haven’t mentioned that I’m actually doing eod shots.
 
woundcarping said:

Shittersfull said:

Has anyone here tried pinning testosterone with one of those pens? I might start a thread about it - I did search first. Daily injections would be effortless with one. Could it push through a fine needle? What gauge would be needed? Does an auto pen have enough force behind it, or would I be stuck with a manual one?

Oil and my pens don’t get on well.

For just a few units daily, a 29g needle handles it fast, easily and accurately.
Thanks. Mine are 27 gauge 5/8". No idea whether they reach muscle or just land deep in the subq layer. My next syringe order will be 29 gauge.
 
Shittersfull said:

woundcarping said:

Shittersfull said:

Has anyone here tried pinning testosterone with one of those pens? I might start a thread about it - I did search first. Daily injections would be effortless with one. Could it push through a fine needle? What gauge would be needed? Does an auto pen have enough force behind it, or would I be stuck with a manual one?

Oil and my pens don’t get on well.

For just a few units daily, a 29g needle handles it fast, easily and accurately.
Thanks. Mine are 27 gauge 5/8". No idea whether they reach muscle or just land deep in the subq layer. My next syringe order will be 29 gauge.
SQ is all I do.

More frequent smaller doses do smooth out the curve, though the payoff shrinks past a point; going past 3x a week looks pointless to me.
 
Shittersfull said:

Skidude said:

Shittersfull said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Worth remembering Test does not work like HGH. Injecting 12mg today does not mean that 12mg lifts your test only for today. There are peaks and throughs, and cyp has a half life of 6 days, so changing the dose every day will give you wild peaks and throughs.
Wouldn't pinning test c every day compress those peaks and valleys and make them more frequent? The way the body does it naturally. Test is highest first thing, then falls off by the evening.
Lots of people back the daily approach for flattening peaks and keeping aromatisation in check.

At that dose, low as it is, levels will take a while to climb - what you are feeling is probably placebo.

Starting again, I would not have begun at 200mg (that is 100 2x a week), because it pushed mine too high.

Here is how a weekly 200 of Test-ethanoate shows up on my labs. YMMV, since we all respond differently :

began in June, and at 60 days of 200wk it was only 659 - the September test came back too high





View attachment 240
Appreciate the chart and the details. On lab days, did you track how many days had passed since your shot when blood was drawn? Does your dosing frequency change that? Mine insists on drawing on day 5, counted from the 200mg injection. I haven’t mentioned that I’m actually doing eod shots.
My shots land on Monday and Thursday. For a 3 day trough I get labs early Thursday, before the injection.

Every panel of mine is drawn after a 12 hr fast.

Morning is when the natural peak happens.
 
Thanks everyone. My plan is to stay at 20mg eod right up to the next blood draw. It genuinely seems to be doing something, and under-dosing worries me more than over-dosing does. Once the labs come back I’ll rethink.
 
Shittersfull said:

woundcarping said:

Shittersfull said:

I have not pulled labs since I began. I have been on it roughly 1 month now. My dr started me on 200mg every 14 days and gave me that first shot of 200mg herself. I waited a week, felt barely any change, and began 20mg at day 8. 20mg eod ever since. I feel far better than I did at a natural number of 215. No labs since starting yet. I will get them checked in a few more weeks, then meet my dr to adjust if needed. I definitely want a bigger script, so I can tune my own dosage to optimize how I feel. What I am considering is cutting my dose for roughly 10 days ahead of the retest, to pull the number down so she will prescribe more. Is that a dumb idea?

You really should be looking for another provider - a single 200mg jab every other week is complete nonsense.

I am with TRTNation, on an Rx of 200mg/week; I take 150mg/week and run my own care under their general supervision.
Thanks for the input. If nothing changes I will switch to a different provider, but I want to give it a bit more time first. I am feeling far better than I was. And I handle my own injections now, so the split is entirely up to me. 400 mg spread across a month however I like is still low, though I think she will raise the dose once I do labs. Insurance covers it and it costs me $5 a month. So sticking with this route will probably work out better in the end.
That price is pretty fair! Then I would pin 100mg per week.

Or 50mg divided twice a week… or cut it into 3 parts (0.33 mL), M-W-F.

Nobody should be pinning 200 mg every other week. That sounds lethal.

From what I have read… MWF is the better schedule and cuts aromatization. I aromatize heavily myself. Once I can get my endocrinologist to stop being stingy with medicine, I’m hitting

the subq route on a MWF schedule to see what it does to me.

Are you injecting IM or SQ at the moment?
 
Back
Top