Split dosing: set days or rolling schedule?

Oskapig

Explorer
Joined
Jul 12, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal
Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.
 
Because this medication is taken 1 time per week, I like to divide it across set days — at the moment, for me, those are Tuesday and Saturday.
 
Oskapig said:

Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.
I do Monday and Thursday, no variation. That way it's simpler to keep track of, and when I'm away on weekends there's no hassle about storing my Tirz chilled. It just suits me.
 
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

My reta is divided between Sunday evening and Thursday morning.
I do the same thing—Sunday and Thursday—except I stick to mornings. My thinking was that a half-day shift wouldn't matter much either way.

Your profile picture is great! I used that exact image as my social media avatar for ages and hadn't come across it again until now. It gave me a good laugh! I can't remember where I stumbled on it all those years back.
 
Oskapig said:

Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.
Since I take a full dose every 6 days, my regular dose keeps shifting around, but I have apps that handle all that shiiii tracking for me lol. When I eventually add in other peps, I'll likely stick with the 6 day split because I like it lol
 
b_rad80 said:

Rosco P. Coltrane said:

My reta is divided between Sunday evening and Thursday morning.
I do the same thing—Sunday and Thursday—except I stick to mornings. My thinking was that a half-day shift wouldn't matter much either way.

Your profile picture is great! I used that exact image as my social media avatar for ages and hadn't come across it again until now. It gave me a good laugh! I can't remember where I stumbled on it all those years back.
That's a picture of me on day 1 of 7th grade.
 
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

b_rad80 said:

Rosco P. Coltrane said:

My reta is divided between Sunday evening and Thursday morning.
I do the same thing—Sunday and Thursday—except I stick to mornings. My thinking was that a half-day shift wouldn't matter much either way.

Your profile picture is great! I used that exact image as my social media avatar for ages and hadn't come across it again until now. It gave me a good laugh! I can't remember where I stumbled on it all those years back.
That's a picture of me on day 1 of 7th grade.
If that's the case, my apologies for taking your identity! 🤣
 
Stace_wow said:

Oskapig said:

Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.
Since I take a full dose every 6 days, my regular dose keeps shifting around, but I have apps that handle all that shiiii tracking for me lol. When I eventually add in other peps, I'll likely stick with the 6 day split because I like it lol
Same here — my rotation is 6 days as well; I simply set up a recurring event in Google calendar so I don’t lose track.
 
spanky2026 said:

Stace_wow said:

Oskapig said:

Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.
Since I take a full dose every 6 days, my regular dose keeps shifting around, but I have apps that handle all that shiiii tracking for me lol. When I eventually add in other peps, I'll likely stick with the 6 day split because I like it lol
Same here — my rotation is 6 days as well; I simply set up a recurring event in Google calendar so I don’t lose track.
I'm a big fan, honestly....I really don't get how anyone manages with 7 days between doses, haha
 
For Tirz, I split it between Friday and Monday mornings…the Friday shot carries me across the weekend…then Monday's shot carries me through the week until Friday again… 👍
 
If there’s no tracker in the picture, picking one specific day is the practical route. My own doses go into a tracker, so I simply do whatever it tells me. Reta lands every 6 days, cagri the day after that, and gluta on alternating days—without tracking, those dates would slide around and get confusing fast.
 
Flash-BCR said:

For Tirz, I split it between Friday and Monday mornings…the Friday shot carries me across the weekend…then Monday's shot carries me through the week until Friday again… 👍
At some point, someone told me that with split dosing you might not receive the compound's full concentration, because the concentration peaks could end up lower than what a single weekly full dose produces. Assuming that holds true, and given that the usual reason people split is to dodge unpleasant side effects, I figure the beneficial effects could be reduced too.

Is there anything to this, or not?
 
Oskapig said:

Hi! When splitting a dose, is it better to stick with set days (for example, each Tuesday and Friday), or to inject on a 3-day cycle so the dates keep moving?

I’m curious which method you favor, and what makes you choose it.

I gave this a try myself, and in my case the steady, consistent rhythm of dosing every 3 days suits me more than the irregular 3days/4days pattern. This was for various reasons. Based on the glp plotter, I believe I can see the reason, though I realize each person is different.
 
Builderman said:

Flash-BCR said:

For Tirz, I split it between Friday and Monday mornings…the Friday shot carries me across the weekend…then Monday's shot carries me through the week until Friday again… 👍
At some point, someone told me that with split dosing you might not receive the compound's full concentration, because the concentration peaks could end up lower than what a single weekly full dose produces. Assuming that holds true, and given that the usual reason people split is to dodge unpleasant side effects, I figure the beneficial effects could be reduced too.

Is there anything to this, or not?
My routine shifted from a single 6mg shot each week to 5mg taken two times per week... 😎

Even so, the peaks (and how they feel) are no smaller than what I got from 6mg once weekly...I'm simply drawing on what seems like a limitless stock of tirz......and honestly, I'm only 8lbs away from my goal weight...in roughly 3 weeks I'll probably move to a tirz/reta combination, then work out a maintenance plan with gradual titration...keeping tirz, reta, sema and cagril on hand to stop any mission creep....👍

This isn't something I'd tell anyone else to do, but it's what immagunna do... (you have to work out your own, best path forward)...👍
 
Builderman said:

Flash-BCR said:

For Tirz, I split it between Friday and Monday mornings…the Friday shot carries me across the weekend…then Monday's shot carries me through the week until Friday again… 👍
At some point, someone told me that with split dosing you might not receive the compound's full concentration, because the concentration peaks could end up lower than what a single weekly full dose produces. Assuming that holds true, and given that the usual reason people split is to dodge unpleasant side effects, I figure the beneficial effects could be reduced too.

Is there anything to this, or not?

Head over to glp1plotter.com and you'll get a clear picture of how the buildup and the peaks behave.
 
My twice-weekly routine began as Wednesday morning plus Saturday evening. Because of side effects, I lowered the dose and moved to injections every 2 or 3 days. Now that the side effects have disappeared, I have been raising both the dose and the gap between shots, since my goal is to reach 1 injection per week. There is no rush on my end, so going a bit over on calories roughly once a week does not bother me.
 
I inject 3mg of reta at 3.5-day intervals, meaning Thursday morning and Sunday night. Up through 4mg I stayed on a weekly schedule. The side effects hit me hard, which pushed me to try splitting. After making that change, I have not had any side effects, except for the odd allodynia that shows up in random spots and fades after just a few minutes. I am convinced this is my sweet spot.
 
Whatever keeps it simple: Reta M/Th, Sema Wed/Sun, TRT M/W/F. Tuesdays take the injection that isn't split.
 
Back
Top