Sorting Out Ipamorelin + CJC-1295 Dosing Times

FunkyWhales78

Explorer
Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I picked up 1 vial to test whether it can support my training and fat loss.

Since I began GLP1s, my sleep quality has dropped below what I want, so I figured dosing at night might help. My meals usually happen from 18.00 to 19.00, and I'm in bed by 22.00, so there's a solid 2-hour gap. But after digging through older posts, I saw people note that because GLP1s delay stomach emptying, that window might be too short, and morning dosing could work better.

That said, I'm usually up at 5.30, immediately have a carb drink (plus other items), and aim to be lifting by 6.00. So I'm left wondering if mornings would actually be the worse option. What do you all think? Could splitting into a smaller dose morning and night be worthwhile, even if neither is ideal?
 
I'm on a GLP-1 too, and I just began a cycle, but I noticed that pinning 30 mins before bed left me feeling antsy, so I'm moving it to right when I wake up. The catch is that I train fasted, so the real obstacle with AM dosing is simply being alert enough to inject before heading to the gym.

On the question of whether GLP effects actually interfere with GH secretagogue timing at night, I've come across mixed takes. Most of what I've read suggests the issue isn't food sitting in the gut blocking the GH peptides, but the insulin surge in the bloodstream after eating. This is mostly me repeating what anonymous people online have said, so weigh it accordingly, but there seems to be at least some reason to think GLPs aren't a major issue for nighttime pinning.

The surest way to know is to get baseline IGF-1 and z-score before the cycle and then retest at 6-8 weeks. With just a single vial you might not notice much, since it isn't a particularly fast-acting peptide.
 
Yep, I've come across contradictory takes on this too. What swayed me most was that Egrifta (tesamorelin) comes with no time-of-day limits. Still, that doesn't prove the GH pulse is just as strong without fasting. And CJC/IPA could behave differently.

What I'd really like is for someone to test it: check IGF-1 after 4 weeks of an evening dose taken without fasting, then check again after 4 weeks of fasted morning dosing. That would be worth seeing.

While on reta, I ran CJC/IPA for several weeks before bed, 1.5 hours after a meal. Sleep, subjective recovery, and lifting results all showed nothing. I lost strength instead of gaining. No IGF-1 test was done. Switching to fasted morning dosing flipped things. I began adding size and sessions felt less hard. No blood work either way, so placebo is possible.

Someone handed me a kit of tesamorelin, so I moved to that GHRH, also in the morning. At 1 mg/day, tesa felt subjectively stronger, with quicker gym progress and deep sleep time doubled. After 5 weeks, IGF-1 came back out of range with a Z score of 2.7. Unfortunately, no baseline.
 
When it comes to CJC/ipa, what counts more than the time on the clock is whether you're in a fasted state. Because a GLP-1 delays stomach emptying, waiting 2 hours after dinner frequently doesn't leave you empty enough, which can make bedtime feel restless or simply less effective. In those cases, taking it in the morning on an empty stomach before the gym has been the better choice for me.
 
This is something I've been wondering about as well. My dinner is at 5pm, and I'm usually asleep by 8:30-9pm. For the next week I plan to dose at 8pm and see what happens.
 
John_C said:

When it comes to CJC/ipa, what counts more than the time on the clock is whether you're in a fasted state. Because a GLP-1 delays stomach emptying, waiting 2 hours after dinner frequently doesn't leave you empty enough, which can make bedtime feel restless or simply less effective. In those cases, taking it in the morning on an empty stomach before the gym has been the better choice for me.
I've only just begun running this at 250 mcg, taking it on the days I work (4 days on, 3 days off), and I do the same thing in the morning... I'll report back on how it goes for everyone too.

Taking it at night right before bed really doesn't appear to do the trick for me, but your mileage may vary!
 
Back
Top