birdwhacker said:
bockscar said:
birdwhacker said:
spanky2026 said:
I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
Honestly this comes down to a skill issue. It only affects those who skip all cardiac supplements.
Just wait
SeaGypsy said:
spanky2026 said:
I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
SeaGypsy, are you regularly taking magnesium or potassium?
(btw I'm completely talking out of my ass)
For my friend, what would you suggest he take? He hadn't considered this angle at all...but since he's committed long-term and isn't particularly old, coming across this gave him a real scare. Him, obviously—not me. I'm definitely not asking about myself.
Getting solid nutrition down to its fundamentals, in my view, means covering a few bases: a methylated B12 complex (igennus makes a solid one), a trace mineral complex (nutricost's version is decent), plus magnesium glycinate or magnesium malate. NOW foods has a reliable reputation. When it comes to glycinate, Doctor's Best gets my pick.
On top of that, adding a bit of extra potassium is worth doing. Psilium husk or bananas can supply it. Plenty of drink mixes out there carry a good amount, though the price has to make sense. Alternatively, no salt from the store works fine sprinkled into food or stirred into water.
Beyond that, Ubiquinol is a worthwhile add-on, particularly for heart support. Skip the Qunol brand, and to be honest, nutricost wouldn't be my choice for that one either. These days NOW foods is close to the only option I'd feel safe with, along with life extensions and a small handful of others.