So I’ve become the friendly neighborhood GLP hotspot 😅 anyone else?

My mom was actually the one who pushed me to explore this gray market. A few family members were already involved. I chose to learn everything I could, and these days I’m the person explaining it to everyone and buying for other people. On top of that, whenever I talk to someone using it who says the cost is too high, I have a quick chat with them.
 
woundcarping said:

From the angle of someone who’s used IV drugs, I get why being around syringes alone would be rough. Someone battling alcohol would be unwise to kill time in bars.

Those of us who were formerly obese learned not to stock the delicious treats, otherwise the whole box would be gone on day 1. We kept doing it anyway until peptides turned off that switch in our minds.

Unless it turns into a legal problem for me, my usual position is that it’s their choice and their responsibility, not mine. When I was a kid, I administered allergy shots to my mother… no legal trouble came of that.

If my “best friend” asked me to inject them, I’ve got no issue with it. If they were an IV user in recovery, I’d check whether they’d thought it through or talked it over with their recovery people. If they said yes, go ahead.

Some random person who wants me to inject them? I’ll decline. Being paid to inject means being paid for unlicensed medical work, decline.

It also seems like Tirz could have meaningful therapeutic benefits towards his recovery.
Add me to the +1 for Tirz and recovery. A good friend of mine came off oxycodone after 15yrs of it once he started Tirz. He's stayed off it and is coming up on 1 year on Tirz next month. That impresses me! Sure, it clearly took real sustained effort from him, but in his words the Tirz made it far more doable. No idea whether that holds for everyone, idk, but a win is a win.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

I appreciate all of you for such an open and candid conversation. There’s a lot for me to mull over.

One thing I know for sure: I fall into the group that wants my friend to start learning about pep on his own. I’ll point him toward the right links so he can build up his own understanding. And I’ll be upfront with him — we need to reach a point where his kits stay at his place and he handles his own injections. That said, I’ll tell him I’m happy to show up and be there on pinning day while he’s getting the hang of it.
I don’t hide the fact that I use a GLP. Once 50lbs came off, the questions started. My own compound tirzepatide came from a Telehealth provider last Aug. — and yes, I’m still on it. When someone tells me they’d like to try GLPs too but a doctor or insurance won’t clear them, that’s the route I point them toward. After they’ve got a script of their own, I’ll say more.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

I appreciate all of you for such an open and candid conversation. There’s a lot for me to mull over.

One thing I know for sure: I fall into the group that wants my friend to start learning about pep on his own. I’ll point him toward the right links so he can build up his own understanding. And I’ll be upfront with him — we need to reach a point where his kits stay at his place and he handles his own injections. That said, I’ll tell him I’m happy to show up and be there on pinning day while he’s getting the hang of it.
That makes sense. And if it helps put his mind at ease: Amazon sells a lockable ammo box for roughly ten bucks, plus a timer lock from the same place. Set the PIN, drop your syringes inside, set the timer, and that box won’t open for seven days. I can’t be trusted around cookies at home either, so I’ve got one I store cookies in.
 
There’s this friend of mine — we’re practically sisters — and she’s among the very few who know about the grey. She kept pressing me on how the weight came off, and lying wasn’t something I wanted to do: her sleeve had failed and she was having a rough time. The body shaming in Italy is savage.

I laid it all out for her, the risks and the serious side effects, and she was frightened, which is exactly how it should be.

Once she saw what it did for me, though, she wanted in. All I asked was that she get complete bloodwork done. She knew what she was getting into, so I didn’t hold back.

Now she’s doing well, and I have no regrets about passing along what I knew and helping with purchases.

Her decision was her own.

Acquaintances, coworkers, anyone not genuinely close — that’s a conversation I’d never have with them.
 
My friend was just getting started, so I helped her with her first pin. After a few weeks, she felt ready to do the injection herself.
 
Absolutely not. The fallout could be way too much. Like, say you gave someone your Tirz and they ended up having a severe reaction ☠️ to high endo levels even if you didn’t? Would that be on you? I think it would. And what if they pulled one of the reckless moves and od’d? Way too risky. Your intentions are good, but in a courtroom it won’t be your intentions on trial. Speaking from personal experience here. Stick to sharing advice only. Send them over to this place.
 
If I were in your shoes, I'd send him over to Reddit and the tirzepatidecompound sub. There's a where to buy of telehealths pinned at the top. An active script is what he needs. Have him stick to the legit channels. For someone who's used before, that goes a long way toward clearing up some of the "questionable" stigma.

Once he's got some time under his belt, you can offer to steer him here — but let him make that call.

For me, I'd step back from that whole thing just to avoid any liability.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
It really surprises me that the ones who whine are always the guys. Women never seem to say a word. Maybe that’s why they’re the ones having babies.

I had planned to write up a review for Fox04, which is excellent. But it caused a burning and itching sensation in me for a few hours every single time. Because that would set off some guy to snap 15 photos of the red mark from his injection, I chose not to.
 
I understand the urge to assist him, particularly when it’s been such a game changer in your own life. That instinct is completely reasonable.

Still, what you’ve taken on isn’t actually a burden that’s yours to bear. Once you’re the one sharing and injecting something like this, you’re effectively acting as prescriber, pharmacist, and provider simultaneously — and that’s the point where the danger climbs quickly.

His recovery history only adds more layers here, it doesn’t remove any. The drug itself may not be addictive, but when you’re the gatekeeper for access and the person delivering the shots, a different kind of dependency can take root. That’s significant.... For both of you.

And if syringes are a trigger for him, that detail matters a lot. The answer can’t be that you keep injecting him forever; it needs to be a plan where he can handle his own care safely and on his own.

Wanting to help doesn’t make you wrong, but helping doesn’t require you to be everything at once. A healthier path is to back him while he gets a legitimate provider to prescribe it, someone who owns the medical calls. If sourcing is impossible bc of insurabce/costs.... You could assist him in figuring out how to get access, then stick around for the accountability part.😉

As it stands, you’re absorbing medical, ethical, and personal risks that aren’t truly yours to take on.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
What about giving injection pins a shot? That might create enough of a barrier from pressing down on a plunger, so it wouldn’t set anything off.
 
Back
Top