So I’ve become the friendly neighborhood GLP hotspot 😅 anyone else?

Thee Oohwee

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
 
I wasn’t sure if this belonged in the open forum or a private message. I almost sent it as a DM, but then figured it might be useful to someone else, so I’m putting it here instead.

Here’s a take that might ruffle some feathers, coming from me: a therapist, someone who’s been in long-term recovery, and someone who spent years working in inpatient recovery. Triggers are bullsh*t. Thinking in terms of triggers just isn’t useful. You can’t dodge ‘triggers’. Back when I was in a really rough spot, sunrise itself counted as a ‘trigger’. Another ‘trigger’ will always show up. When I’m in the right place, none of that has any weight. There will always be things that ‘trigger’ thoughts; avoiding them is impossible. What actually matters is whether those thoughts have power. If he’s in a good place, they won’t, and you’re fine. If he’s new or hasn’t got past that point, then focusing on recovery is better than focusing on weight.
 
5byfive said:

I wasn’t sure if this belonged in the open forum or a private message. I almost sent it as a DM, but then figured it might be useful to someone else, so I’m putting it here instead.

Here’s a take that might ruffle some feathers, coming from me: a therapist, someone who’s been in long-term recovery, and someone who spent years working in inpatient recovery. Triggers are bullsh*t. Thinking in terms of triggers just isn’t useful. You can’t dodge ‘triggers’. Back when I was in a really rough spot, sunrise itself counted as a ‘trigger’. Another ‘trigger’ will always show up. When I’m in the right place, none of that has any weight. There will always be things that ‘trigger’ thoughts; avoiding them is impossible. What actually matters is whether those thoughts have power. If he’s in a good place, they won’t, and you’re fine. If he’s new or hasn’t got past that point, then focusing on recovery is better than focusing on weight.
I appreciate you offering both your professional and personal take on "triggers." Hearing fresh viewpoints on the things I currently think and believe is something I genuinely enjoy, since I often realize those ideas could use refining or were simply picked up from others in the first place.

My friend has 12 years of recovery behind him, though lately he'd been dealing with some "relapse ideations." He's addressing that with his sponsor, and I urge him to keep his footing in his Twelve Step work. We attend multiple meetings side by side and do service work as well.

There may come a moment - and I'm fairly certain it will - when he's able to give himself his own shots with zero concern, pretty much the way I handle mine these days - as someone who used to inject IV drugs. Needles don't faze me at all anymore. Now they're simply instruments for my health, not for tearing myself down.
 
About 12 months back, my sister's physician quit writing her a script for Rybelsus (oral Sema). She had used it for 1 year for weight loss and was down roughly 15 kg. Once she came off it, though, she put back on close to 10 kg, and that hit her hard.

At the same time, I had spent 5 months on prescribed Mounjaro and was making the move to grey market Reta. I mentioned it to her, she wanted to know if I'd assist her in giving it a go as well—so I said yes without a second thought.

Her initial 2 pins were done by me, after which I mixed up her own small vial and handed her a set of syringes & swabs before she left.

8 weeks later: she has lost more than 4 kg, and everybody's pleased 🙂

Before long I'll be putting in an order for her own little Reta kit. My one concern is that she's begun inquiring about ghk-cu and nad+ ...

🐇🕳️
 
BBA1969 said:

About 12 months back, my sister's physician quit writing her a script for Rybelsus (oral Sema). She had used it for 1 year for weight loss and was down roughly 15 kg. Once she came off it, though, she put back on close to 10 kg, and that hit her hard.

At the same time, I had spent 5 months on prescribed Mounjaro and was making the move to grey market Reta. I mentioned it to her, she wanted to know if I'd assist her in giving it a go as well—so I said yes without a second thought.

Her initial 2 pins were done by me, after which I mixed up her own small vial and handed her a set of syringes & swabs before she left.

8 weeks later: she has lost more than 4 kg, and everybody's pleased 🙂

Before long I'll be putting in an order for her own little Reta kit. My one concern is that she's begun inquiring about ghk-cu and nad+ ...

🐇🕳️
Things can spiral quickly…
 
You can bring a Horse to water, but don’t let that water be yours. Someone else’s risk should never become your own.
 
Making life better for the people near you is genuinely worthwhile. Hopefully, with enough time, he can move past the awkward part.
 
@Thee Oohwee Having spent close to 2/3 of my life in recovery, the idea of triggers doesn't resonate with me. What recovery requires is a change in how you think. Without that change, I'm not recovering—I'm just staying dry.

If someone can't handle giving themselves a shot for their own health, maybe they aren't ready. Suppose he developed diabetes and required injections—what then? That's his problem to figure out.

His choices about his recovery and his life belong to him, just as mine belong to me and yours belong to you. I focus on my own decisions and don't impose what I want on anyone else. It's kind of you to care about his health. All I can do is gently—and kindly—voice my worries and point toward options. Whether to act is theirs to decide.

It's the same with someone still drinking: I can't make them sober. I can offer my experience, strength, and hope. They have to show up and do the work. Food can be an addiction too. Treatment and a 12-step program exist.

Even with your good intentions, I don't agree with injecting another person. Especially someone else in recovery. They also understand that the action is theirs to take.



We carry the message. We don't carry the alcoholic/addict.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
One quick word of caution — if word gets around that you’re the go-to, you could be putting yourself in legal jeopardy. Should you ever hand some over as a favor and that person mishandles it, leading to medical questions being asked… oh boy.
 
From the angle of someone who’s used IV drugs, I get why being around syringes alone would be rough. Someone battling alcohol would be unwise to kill time in bars.

Those of us who were formerly obese learned not to stock the delicious treats, otherwise the whole box would be gone on day 1. We kept doing it anyway until peptides turned off that switch in our minds.

Unless it turns into a legal problem for me, my usual position is that it’s their choice and their responsibility, not mine. When I was a kid, I administered allergy shots to my mother… no legal trouble came of that.

If my “best friend” asked me to inject them, I’ve got no issue with it. If they were an IV user in recovery, I’d check whether they’d thought it through or talked it over with their recovery people. If they said yes, go ahead.

Some random person who wants me to inject them? I’ll decline. Being paid to inject means being paid for unlicensed medical work, decline.

It also seems like Tirz could have meaningful therapeutic benefits towards his recovery.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
Honestly, this is hitting more points than I expected to come across today. But cutting to the chase: you're the one who decides how much "Spice" there is and how fast it moves. Playing doctor with a buddy is never easy, I get that — but if your intentions are solid, things should hopefully stay smooth and you won't lose sleep over it.

Getting my friend to agree to proper supplementation, better eating habits, and so on took some time. I laid it out for them: they're free to order it themselves online, yada yada yada, if my approach doesn't suit them. And I've got a contingency in place — should anything happen to me, the spice keeps flowing, as long as they don't go overboard with it.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone — I’m hoping to get some outside perspective from the forum.

Since October I’ve been using Tirzepatide, and it’s been a genuinely good experience for me. Because of that, a handful of people close to me have started asking questions about getting their own through the grey market. A few of them looked into it themselves and then asked whether they could piggyback on my orders. That part I’m mostly fine with.

The situation I’m less settled on involves my best friend.

He deals with obesity and is in recovery, same as me. GLPs have come up between us many times, and not long ago he said he wants to try Tirzepatide. Right now I’m sitting on more compounded meds than I can reasonably go through, since I’m tapering down and switching over to Reta, so I told him I’d share what I have and help him ease in at a low dose.

There’s one complication: syringes are a trigger for him when he has to handle them himself. The current arrangement, then, is that he stops by and I do the injections.

Before we went ahead, we brought both of our sponsors into the conversation and kept everything transparent. Nothing hidden—just trying to stay thoughtful and accountable.

Yesterday was his first day, and he’s already feeling the familiar drop in “food noise,” plus what seems like the same kind of mental quiet I’ve noticed.

Still… I keep going back and forth in my head. One side of me thinks that if something has done this much for me, how could I not help someone I care about get access to it? The other side knows there are genuine boundaries in play—medical, ethical, and tied to recovery—and I don’t want to pretend those aren’t there.

So I’m wondering:

Has anyone here helped a friend or family member get started on GLPs?

How did you approach the boundaries or your own role in it—particularly when recovery is involved?

I’d really value hearing how others have handled this.
Two of my sisters, my brother, and a handful of friends are now on glp1s because I got them started, and I've helped them get access by sharing — the whole thing comes with good moments and bad ones. When the less enjoyable side effects hit them, it's tough on my end since I'm no doctor and can't offer fixes. I laid out for each of them the full range of what might happen, the positives and the negatives, and made it clear that researching it themselves is on them — yet a few of them still manage to be dissatisfied.
 
If one of my closest friends had an addiction that got set off by something totally harmless, and they asked me to help by having them swing by weekly so I take care of the trigger part, I'd agree right away, no hesitation, and definitely without lecturing them on how to handle their own addiction. These are folks I care about deeply, and it's such a small ask; I'd put in way more effort than that if it made things easier for them, and honestly, what's the point of having beloved ride-or-die friends if not for those times when one person can lend a hand to the other without it costing much in terms of time, cash, or energy? Neither of them has ever paid—or ever will pay—for anything I produce, and I won't name those things since it would reveal who I am, but "you'll never need to buy X again because I've got you covered" is just how it works with my closest people, so spending 5 minutes during a visit wouldn't even faze me.

BUT. Not in this case. Under no circumstances should anyone be injecting someone else with grey—full stop.

This isn't the same as "the spoon I use to stir this once a week carries some psychological trigger for me, could I possibly drop by weekly and have you do the stirring instead?" "Sure, which day works for you?"

If either of my best friends showed up with something, and I disinfected the top, cleaned their skin with alcohol, drew up the correct number of units, and shot it into them, and they had some sort of bad reaction and—heaven forbid—died from it (an allergic response, contaminated stuff, whatever), I'd be looking at a very real chance of landing in prison; because from what I understand, grey stops being semi-legal the moment you put it into another person's body.
 
What if they got their own grey and you just brought a syringe over weekly, stayed outside in the car during the injection, then took the syringe back afterward? Would that keep you from being on the hook for handing over the drug? (Honestly no clue what the legal angle would be if all you supplied was the needle and not the medication).

That said, whether this level of hassle is worth it for helping your friend is your call. Just tossing out one possible option.
 
It’s kind of telling that so many of us have a friend in this same situation. Only 1 person in my circle is aware that I use grey peps — she’s a buddy who’s on compounded sema. Back when she had a job that offered that insurance, she got the brand name prescribed, but once that coverage stopped, she switched to medspa compounding.

After I finally figured out how to handle everything at home with light grey (before I found Cain, I was buying from Modern Peps and a few others and paying $$$), and once I felt OK about reconstituting vials, she asked if she could give it a try too. I didn’t mind buying the peps, so I did, and I sent her links for syringes and bac water. She came over 1 day so we could walk through it together. I also passed along the same videos I’d watched while learning, plus a few dose calculators online.

What I ran into had 2 parts: 1) she used to live with heroin addicts, and the syringes “triggered” her, so she really doesn’t want them in her space or to draw from vials, and 2) she claimed she’d forget and that it was all too confusing, and she wanted me to prepare the vials and syringes for her.

She’s a genuinely good friend, but I had to say no gently. Like others here have said, I’m not a doctor, and definitely not hers, and I won’t be responsible for something this invasive. She was clearly let down and a bit wounded, but I was straight with her: she either needs to deal with her syringe ick and see what they can do for her right now (she wasn’t the one using H — she was just around people who used a lot), or she should keep paying the compounding places to handle it.

As for that second point, with her seeming confusion: she’s smart, and I know she could work it out the way I did and pick it up fast. But she also sometimes leans into the flustered, helpless act when something is hard.

Bottom line: I wasn’t going to be her personal supplier, handing over pre-filled syringes and telling her what doses to take.

I’m in the camp of “this is an area where I will adamantly stand by a DIY policy.”
 
I agree with @5byfive — the trigger angle is a solid one. That said, since you brought up your friend dealing with relapse ideations recently, the situation carries more risk.

Even so, tirz has a reputation for helping with addiction. Maybe when your friend reaches their maintenance dose, it won't be an issue anymore.

It really depends on the individual and whether I'd trust them not to blame me if things go sideways. If it were me, I'd probably assist with injections only until they hit maintenance dose. After that, ideally the trigger won't be there, but there should still be a fallback plan that doesn't involve me giving the shot.

Of course, as others have mentioned, you both have to be fully aware of the legal liabilities, willing to accept them, and risk the consequences.
 
cheaperseeker said:

I agree with @5byfive — the trigger angle is a solid one. That said, since you brought up your friend dealing with relapse ideations recently, the situation carries more risk.

Even so, tirz has a reputation for helping with addiction. Maybe when your friend reaches their maintenance dose, it won't be an issue anymore.

It really depends on the individual and whether I'd trust them not to blame me if things go sideways. If it were me, I'd probably assist with injections only until they hit maintenance dose. After that, ideally the trigger won't be there, but there should still be a fallback plan that doesn't involve me giving the shot.

Of course, as others have mentioned, you both have to be fully aware of the legal liabilities, willing to accept them, and risk the consequences.

Once something goes wrong—no matter the cause—the past quality of the relationship stops mattering. That path leads straight to trouble.

What I do is share educational materials, while making it clear that plenty of other resources exist and the choice is theirs to make. If a friend specifically asks me to help them with the product(s) they're after, then I'll throw in starter supplies too, filters included.
 
I appreciate all of you for such an open and candid conversation. There’s a lot for me to mull over.

One thing I know for sure: I fall into the group that wants my friend to start learning about pep on his own. I’ll point him toward the right links so he can build up his own understanding. And I’ll be upfront with him — we need to reach a point where his kits stay at his place and he handles his own injections. That said, I’ll tell him I’m happy to show up and be there on pinning day while he’s getting the hang of it.
 
I let my sister in on what I'm up to, and I made it clear I don't want her following the same path. If something went wrong for her because of my influence, I couldn't live with that. On top of it, since starting in October 2025, I've run into far too many problems — sterility failures and endos that came back very high — and I refuse to carry the blame if anything bad happens to her.
 
Back
Top