Should you give your real name when placing an order?

UnripeLadel said:

In any case, your address carries more sensitivity than your name does.
Indeed. It's hard to believe how simple it is to locate addresses within the US.

Fortunately, I'm an immigrant and don't have any property registered in my name.
 
mamallama said:

If I already have pre-check, and my husband is still waiting for an appointment to get pre-check, how many people would see it as a red flag that an order shipped from China recently arrived at my real name and address? I've been considering putting in a second order for additional lab research. At this point, would it be smart to look into domestic shipping?
In my opinion, once the package has arrived, you're most likely fine. The bigger concern is a seizure, which could put both your and your husband's precheck at risk. That's the reason I have things delivered to a coworker's address using his name — he's a fellow researcher who consented to it. He isn't concerned about Global Entry.
 
I generally put my actual name down, and the reason is that a person in my household once discarded a package I had addressed to the former owner of the house, who is now deceased. I was furious! As far as my family is concerned, the small peptide shipments I get just mix in with everything else I buy from China through eBay, AliExpress, and similar sites, and I can be sure nobody throws the box out while they are "tidying up." 🙃

Global Entry and Pre Check are not something I have, so that whole angle does not apply to me.
 
Where I live, it's out in the countryside, and the mail carrier is familiar with everyone on the route. Suppose a parcel addressed to someone who doesn't actually reside here showed up at our door—that would likely draw far more suspicion than an ordinary, unbranded package would.
 
Sethe said:

Hey everyone, I know this might sound like an odd thing to ask, but safety is a big concern for me. When you give your vendor the shipping details, do you put down your genuine name, or do you avoid it?
I bring them in through Tuna fish, settle payments in crypto, and put my wife's name down. It's been smooth sailing up to now, and I figure it'll stay that way going forward.
 
I provide my genuine name and address...I'm getting up there in years, so I don't really go anywhere anymore...the most they could do is knock a birthday off my tally... 😎

Something worth remembering about all of this: if you've given fake details and things blow up to the point where real investigators are involved, at that stage you either keep your mouth shut and refuse to answer anything without a lawyer present, or you come clean that yes, you did use a name that wasn't yours...Getting caught lying to law enforcement in the US can land you in deeper trouble than anything that could come from buying peptides...Martha Stewart wasn't sent to prison over insider stock trading...what put her behind bars was telling investigators a fib...
 
Texan509 said:

The thought of the CCP having my name and address bothers me, though I'm likely already in some database of theirs.
I don't enjoy delivering this kind of news. Yet unless someone holds significant military clearance, runs a Fortune 500 business, or possesses manufacturer schematics, nobody cares about you or me. Lol, just avoid being a nuclear physicist. Quite a few of them are dying lately lol
 
I go with my actual name, but I always have it delivered to my workplace. Packages arrive there by the truckload daily, from every corner of the map. I simply give the front desk a heads-up that something is coming for me, and the moment it's passed to them, they ring me right away.
 
Back
Top