Should you give your real name when placing an order?

DrPEPr said:

birdwhacker said:

DrPEPr said:

There's no difference either way. Still, if it puts your mind at ease, go ahead.
Yes, this is important — and the stakes rise significantly when you're buying from the gray market, and even higher on the black market.

The name you should put down is that of someone who already gets mail delivered to the destination address on a regular basis. This is particularly crucial if what you're ordering could land you in legal trouble.

With any luck, other people have already pointed out that peptides aren't something to stress over. The moment you move into schedule 3/4 territory, that's the point where it's worth checking into the recommended approaches.
haha, take it easy man.

Sure, that might work on USPS and US authorities, but over here in Europe (or at least in my country) that approach won't get you anywhere. Actually, going with a fake name makes you stand out more — it gets flagged as suspicious activity and could even lead to a manual check by the postal service.

The smartest move is just to blend in.

Exactly my point! Telling someone to use a fake name could put them at risk.
 
Vash_ said:

Whatever you say, purchase, or do is visible to the government. Should they ever target you, the approach is to uncover an offense by unlawful means and then assemble a case around it.


https://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229/ref=asc_df_1594035229?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80333278396878&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=m&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=89501&hvtargid=pla-4583932758392044&psc=1
Sending a link loaded with full tracking analytics while making that point is a bit ironic.

Going forward you can strip those out, like so:


https://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229


anything containing "ref" or "source" or "tag" is tracking
 
Calm Logic said:

If you're only getting peptides, there's nothing to stress over. But when it comes to buying steroid kits, that's when you should be having a conversation with your spiritual advisor regardless.
the sole place I was getting my oil kits from ended up getting shut down, and I only stumbled onto it by chance.... I'm feeling isolated as I try to locate a replacement
 
People imagine plenty of dangers in this situation, but which ones actually exist? From what I can tell, the genuine downsides boil down to this: you might lose Global Entry/TSA Precheck, versus a higher likelihood that your package gets confiscated or never reaches you.

Say you have it sent to your actual home address, regardless of which name appears on the label, and customs grabs it. Based on accounts I've read from folks who went through exactly that, the whole household can end up stripped of Global Entry/Precheck. You can speculate about other fallout, yet this appears to be the sole concrete outcome anyone has actually described. You're simply not a big enough target, and the 'offense' — assuming it even qualifies as one — isn't worth anybody's effort to pursue. Barring large-scale importing for resale, the odds of anyone bothering to come after you are essentially nil. So if known traveler programs mean nothing to you, just hand over your real details.

Using a made-up name won't save those programs anyway, since they appear to disqualify the entire household regardless, but it could raise the odds of your package getting flagged. If Global Access matters to you and you still insist on ordering from China, then a separate name plus a separate address (your workplace, say) would probably shield you from that — though once again, it might increase the chance of a flag on your package. On top of that, if delivery fails, you'd have no way to collect it from a local hub. So really, a bigger chance of losing your stuff.

I've done a China order myself, but that was my very first one and I had no idea it could jeopardize my known traveler status. From here on, I'm keeping to US shipping. That means more patience, waiting for stock to come back, and possibly juggling more vendors — but given the level of risk I'm willing to accept, it looks like the safest route.
 
If I already have pre-check, and my husband is still waiting for an appointment to get pre-check, how many people would see it as a red flag that an order shipped from China recently arrived at my real name and address? I've been considering putting in a second order for additional lab research. At this point, would it be smart to look into domestic shipping?
 
mamallama said:

If I already have pre-check, and my husband is still waiting for an appointment to get pre-check, how many people would see it as a red flag that an order shipped from China recently arrived at my real name and address? I've been considering putting in a second order for additional lab research. At this point, would it be smart to look into domestic shipping?
A confiscated order is the one thing that could cause trouble. Importing goods from abroad isn't illegal in itself. Whether Precheck gets pulled is still unclear. Based on what people have said, a seized package leads to losing Global Entry, and that in turn means losing Precheck. If someone has only Precheck and no Global Entry, I'm not sure a confiscation would cost them Precheck — I haven't come across anyone talking about that case. For me, Precheck matters a great deal, and my wife would be furious if we lost it, so I've switched to shipping within the US. It takes more patience because you have to wait until a vendor you trust stocks what you're after, but it feels like the safer route.
 
I put down my true name, but I have packages sent to my workplace. That way I'm able to sign for them, and they won't sit outside on my porch for 9 hours when it's 90 degrees.
 
When I place orders, my actual name goes on them—though nothing I buy breaks the law.

At my local post office, the woman working there covers a tiny village of roughly 40 homes plus a few farms nearby. She uses peptides herself, so the two of us end up talking about peptides and about shipping peps off to labs for testing.
 
birdwhacker said:

DrPEPr said:

There's no difference either way. Still, if it puts your mind at ease, go ahead.
Yes, this is important — and the stakes rise significantly when you're buying from the gray market, and even higher on the black market.

The name you should put down is that of someone who already gets mail delivered to the destination address on a regular basis. This is particularly crucial if what you're ordering could land you in legal trouble.

With any luck, other people have already pointed out that peptides aren't something to stress over. The moment you move into schedule 3/4 territory, that's the point where it's worth checking into the recommended approaches.
And what about HGH? It's illegal at the federal level, yet it isn't a scheduled drug.
 
IronCircuit said:

birdwhacker said:

DrPEPr said:

There's no difference either way. Still, if it puts your mind at ease, go ahead.
Yes, this is important — and the stakes rise significantly when you're buying from the gray market, and even higher on the black market.

The name you should put down is that of someone who already gets mail delivered to the destination address on a regular basis. This is particularly crucial if what you're ordering could land you in legal trouble.

With any luck, other people have already pointed out that peptides aren't something to stress over. The moment you move into schedule 3/4 territory, that's the point where it's worth checking into the recommended approaches.
And what about HGH? It's illegal at the federal level, yet it isn't a scheduled drug.
Unless you're purchasing quantities meant for distribution, I wouldn't stress about it. From what I gather, border patrol will label seized peptides as HGH so the seizure appears legitimate.

Even so, legal or not, put your real name on it. If anything comes up, denial is the defense, right after simply ignoring the matter. Merely having your name on it doesn't prove you placed the order. Naturally, you'd rather not need that defense, but that's the situation.
 
Compared to HGH, tesa faces fewer regulatory restrictions, and that holds true even when you look at state-level rules. That makes tesa the better choice from both a legal and a medical standpoint. (That said, tesa is still a prescription drug, which means it sits on firmer ground than certain other GH secretagogues.)
 
A trick some people use: if it makes you uneasy, put down the name of someone who lived at your address before you.

For personal-use peptides or even other substances, nobody is going to pursue you. The package simply gets seized. Ordering in bulk to resell, though, is a completely different situation.
 
Over the past 15+ years, every single order I've placed has had my actual name on it, and peptides from the grey market aren't the only things I've bought lol. Someone else can send a package your way — that doesn't prove you were the one who bought it.
 
The thought of the CCP having my name and address bothers me, though I'm likely already in some database of theirs.
 
Setting humor aside ... Suppose USPS is holding a package under your actual name and you have to collect it — if they start asking questions, what response, if any, is advised?

The same question applies to anyone paying through Zelle, a bank wire or PayPal. (I realize crypto is common, but I'm putting this in the context of USPS questioning). My thinking is that vendors accepting those payment methods need some cover story ready for the banks, something like "medical supplies", and the buyer's reply ought to line up with that. Is that right?
 
Brandon556 said:

A trick some people use: if it makes you uneasy, put down the name of someone who lived at your address before you.

For personal-use peptides or even other substances, nobody is going to pursue you. The package simply gets seized. Ordering in bulk to resell, though, is a completely different situation.

A more significant worry is a USPS package getting forwarded to whoever lived there before. Free/standard forwarding lasts 1 year, though it's possible to pay to extend it beyond that.
 
JimGainz said:

Setting humor aside ... Suppose USPS is holding a package under your actual name and you have to collect it — if they start asking questions, what response, if any, is advised?

The same question applies to anyone paying through Zelle, a bank wire or PayPal. (I realize crypto is common, but I'm putting this in the context of USPS questioning). My thinking is that vendors accepting those payment methods need some cover story ready for the banks, something like "medical supplies", and the buyer's reply ought to line up with that. Is that right?
Nothing will stop it, and nobody is going to question you. If it were flagged, it would never clear customs.
 
Texan509 said:

The thought of the CCP having my name and address bothers me, though I'm likely already in some database of theirs.
Speaking as someone who immigrated to the US, the government here has records on basically everything concerning me, far beyond what they'd normally have for a US-born citizen...where I went to middle school and high school, the address of my family home back in my home countrty, my whole education history, the small revolving debt I carry (!), every US address I've ever lived at, my grandparents even though they never set foot in the US, the address I stayed at during summer vacation, and so on...
 
Sethe said:

Hey everyone, I know this might sound like an odd thing to ask, but safety is a big concern for me. When you give your vendor the shipping details, do you put down your genuine name, or do you avoid it?
The smartest move is to arrange a short getaway of a few days that lines up with when you send in your order. After that, let the people next door know you're expecting a package but will be away from home for a few days. Would it be alright to use their name and address for the delivery? Any decent neighbour would say yes to a harmless favour like that, wouldn't they? 🙂
 
Back
Top