Reta Trials — Subject #007

ChubbyOp

Explorer
Joined
Apr 7, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Williston ND
Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂
 
Which syringes did you end up getting? You should stick with 1 dose for 4 weeks before making any changes. My own starting dose was 2mg.
 
BNLFL said:

Which syringes did you end up getting? You should stick with 1 dose for 4 weeks before making any changes. My own starting dose was 2mg.
For injections I picked up 1 Ml syringes equipped with 30Ga needles, and for reconstitution I went with 3 Ml syringes that have 23 ga needles. One friend of mine began at 2 Mg and felt awful, while another friend we both know started at 2 mg and had no issues at all. Drawing on what I’d been through with the other glps, I chose to meet in the middle at 1 mg. At this point (day 2) nothing unusual has come up and there’s been no reaction where I injected, so I’ll likely continue this dose through the coming month.
 
ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
 
woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).

Darn. I ended up choosing Rythm to get my blood work done. I should look into Fitomics. Do their prices match up?

There's a single doctor I'm willing to visit in person, though I need to feel really rough before I'll miss work just to see her 🤣
 
woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
Wow, fitomics costs a lot.
 
maven8518 said:

woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
Wow, fitomics costs a lot.

What are you comparing that to? For medical decision grade info, my previous 2 lab runs came to $14 and $63.

My response to that: capillary draws along the lines of Rhythm cost a lot in both time and money, because the majority of what they return isn’t actionable data — it’s low confidence, conditional drivel.
 
woundcarping said:

maven8518 said:

woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
Wow, fitomics costs a lot.

What are you comparing that to? For medical decision grade info, my previous 2 lab runs came to $14 and $63.

My response to that: capillary draws along the lines of Rhythm cost a lot in both time and money, because the majority of what they return isn’t actionable data — it’s low confidence, conditional drivel.
Clearly, my attention was on the wrong detail. What I saw on the site was 2 grand.
 
maven8518 said:

woundcarping said:

maven8518 said:

woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
Wow, fitomics costs a lot.

What are you comparing that to? For medical decision grade info, my previous 2 lab runs came to $14 and $63.

My response to that: capillary draws along the lines of Rhythm cost a lot in both time and money, because the majority of what they return isn’t actionable data — it’s low confidence, conditional drivel.
Clearly, my attention was on the wrong detail. What I saw on the site was 2 grand.
Last month I dropped roughly $830 on a wide-ranging baseline refresh (40 tests) plus 8 weeks of TRT.

Membership runs me $25-30/month, which covers the draw fees and opens up certain panels. That's why there was no draw/test fee and how the $14 test earlier this month was doable.

Another TRT update comes next month. It ran $185 (picked up during the Easter Sale). A lipid panel is included in a package, but I tacked on the lipid+apob.





c0db48d8c2645aaa3bb8d8cc069bc98eb4dce021bd0a054cba9b608ef17afa54.webp


That was the $830; labcorp retail pricing for it sat around $2k.

2be59901f72f1e5bf78a35ee74c088ce5a51e9cecc4438b509d1066c39ed9236.webp


cb7745c2ed773e95adfbe645e692102e0859f143457bc454b00f36428455afe1.webp
 
woundcarping said:

ChubbyOp said:

Hey everybody!

I’ve been hanging around quietly for a bit, soaking up knowledge from the awesome folks here. About 7 days ago I finally committed to Reta, and the package landed today. My writing isn’t polished, but I’ve chosen to log every part of my Reta journey. So here we go.

Chapter 1:

Once I had all my supplies together, and after weeks of deep dives checking out vendors, I took the plunge. Along the way I thought, “why not blog this whole thing”. I’ll do at-home blood tests whenever I can afford them, sent off my first one yesterday for a baseline, and I’ll keep updating. My scale shipment got held up, thanks usps, so I’ll come back Monday and add my starting weight.

Research:

The bulk of what I learned came from the wonderful members here. Tons of hours of intense reading and scrolling, plus my late-night habit of watching YouTube endlessly, brought me to 1 conclusion; Reta is amazing! At least it looks that way, only time will tell.

Choosing a Vendor: (if this breaks my red notice sorry)

I won’t name my specific vendors, but I’ll explain how I picked my list of vendors for newcomers. At first I seriously considered just throwing a dart at a list. After going through lots of posts and checking the vendors section, I decided to spend time trying to make the best choice possible. I went through tons of reviews, mostly choosing posts that looked active based on reply counts. Then I joined the vendors’ socials and chatted with the hooligans there. Carefully watching the chats and reviews to filter out bots and fake reviews/comments, I grew much more confident in the vendors through their communities. Just remember, in the end it’s all at your own risk, take your time and enjoy the process.

Gathering supplies:

I’ll sound like a broken record here, but I never said I was a pro journalist. This forum is fantastic! So many perspectives and suggestions, just take what you like from everyone and leave the rest. I went with your standard insulin syringe, and a 3ml syringe for recon. Alcohol wipes are cheap so I bought enough to supply an army of research subjects. A sharps container since I have little ones and prefer they stay unpoked. Exam gloves (my wife won that argument) for extra safety. I might still add filtering supplies later, but for now those aren’t included. Getting BAC water was pretty simple. For BAC water I chose the name brand; I figured better safe than sorry, not that there’s anything wrong with picking otherwise.

Blood testing:

I’m truly curious how Reta will affect my body, and not just visually. I’m a typical blue collar guy and don’t visit the docs unless necessary. That makes it hard to get blood work done right? Well not anymore technically rocks sometimes. My blood tests arrive right at my front door and leave in bubble wrap package. Within 7 days from today I’ll have my first results (pre Reta) as a baseline. I’ll keep getting my blood work done throughout this process and share it with you.

Dosing:

This was the hardest for me to decide, or at least it felt that way. I began with ozemp and then switched to Wegovy after. It’s been a while since I took those so I considered starting a schedule like those. There are so many different opinions on what dose to start with and how quickly to increase. The thing is not everyone reacts the same to these meds. I’ve read that people saw better results by starting with small doses and slowly built up. I’ve also read that some people have ran through the doses like a freight train and are killing it. I chose to start with a smaller dose at 1mg, and to adjust from there. With today being my first dose, I will be updating with how I feel and wether or not I will be dropping, staying, or upping the 1 mg dose.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in following my journey I will keep posting. If not I will still be documenting my journey for myself!

P.s:

I’m scatter brained (remember typical blue collar good) so I will probably edit this a few times because I forgot to add something… maybe semax needs to be added to my list 😂

I was really counting on those at-home fingerstick blood tests from Rythm and Siphox… but the data they gave me was pretty much useless.

For my lab work through LabCorp, I go with Fitomics Labs and the whole experience has been great.

When a specialist wanted to know who my PCP was, I told them it's me😂 (I'm also the blue-collar type who'd rather not deal with mouth-breathing doctors and their waiting rooms).
Rhythm sent back my results earlier today, and now it's clear why they rub you the wrong way. According to my wife, she plans to speak with our family doctor about arranging a complete panel for me. Her thinking is that since she has a connection through an urgent care, I can simply drop in whenever needed and have the testing handled there.
 
Quick update on this thread: day 2 of Reta is fully done for me. No side effects yet, and I’m not noticing anything else either. The drug needs time to accumulate, I know that, so I’m just waiting it out until my next shot. With Wegovy it was a totally different story — things kicked in just days after injection #1. Maybe my starting dose was too low? We’ll see once injection #2 happens.

My scale still hasn’t shown up, and I’m not confident usps will come through (sorry, wife — hope the post office queue isn’t brutal). I’ll post my weight the moment I can. Right now I’d guess I’m around 400 pounds. Probably should have given my stats up front: 32 years old, 6’ 3”.

An exit plan crossed my mind today. Staying on Reta forever isn’t the goal — I want to use it as a tool, get the upside, and build habits that stick while I’m on it. Keto is something I really like, and carnivore even more. Carnivore was honestly one of the best diet experiences I’ve had (my wallet disagrees). So my plan for now is to shape my eating around what works best with Reta, while keeping it easy to shift into keto or carnivore later when I come off.
 
ChubbyOp said:

Quick update on this thread: day 2 of Reta is fully done for me. No side effects yet, and I’m not noticing anything else either. The drug needs time to accumulate, I know that, so I’m just waiting it out until my next shot. With Wegovy it was a totally different story — things kicked in just days after injection #1. Maybe my starting dose was too low? We’ll see once injection #2 happens.

My scale still hasn’t shown up, and I’m not confident usps will come through (sorry, wife — hope the post office queue isn’t brutal). I’ll post my weight the moment I can. Right now I’d guess I’m around 400 pounds. Probably should have given my stats up front: 32 years old, 6’ 3”.

An exit plan crossed my mind today. Staying on Reta forever isn’t the goal — I want to use it as a tool, get the upside, and build habits that stick while I’m on it. Keto is something I really like, and carnivore even more. Carnivore was honestly one of the best diet experiences I’ve had (my wallet disagrees). So my plan for now is to shape my eating around what works best with Reta, while keeping it easy to shift into keto or carnivore later when I come off.

It's your life to live as you see fit. That said, when BMI sits near 50, what people report anecdotally suggests low doses probably won't do much for you — same goes for me. Among those taking 12mg of Reta, 24% dropped at least 35% of their starting weight. A 35% reduction would leave you at roughly 260lb.

I don't mean to keep raining on your parade; it's just that the odds of improved habits working over the long haul for weight control are extremely slim.
 
Following. One piece of advice: don't skimp when it comes to syringes. That brand you named isn't familiar to me. My picks are Easy-Touch and Sure-Comfort.
 
woundcarping said:


I spent $830ish last month on a broad (40 tests) baseline update testing and 8 week TRT.

I pay $25-30/month for membership which takes care of the draw fees and gives access to some panels. No draw/test fee how the $14 test was possible earlier this month.

Next month is another TRT update. This was $185 (bought on the Easter Sale). Lipid panel is part of a package, but I added the lipid+apob.

View attachment 21239

This was the $830, labcorp retail pricing was around $2k for this.

View attachment 21240

View attachment 21241

Click to expand...

Anyone tried Function? I went with them for a panel covering 100+ biomarkers. It ran $399 — occasionally there's a $100 discount, or a current member's referral code knocks off $100 — and that covers a 1 year membership with 1 retest of 40 markers, plus you're able to tack additional tests onto that same lab. A complete retest of the original 100+ panel comes to roughly $309. Smaller, customized panels with fewer markers can be ordered whenever you want. The one catch: Quest is the only lab they use. Scheduling has been pretty straightforward for me, though, and I've got 2 locations within a 20-30 minute drive.
 
MikeyMike said:


Have you looked at Function? I used them for a 100+ biomarker panel. Cost was $399 (you can even find a $100 off sometimesor a referral code from current member gives $100 off) for a 1 year membership that includes 1 retest of 40 markers, and you can add on others to that lab. Full retest is around $309 of the original 100+ panel. You can also order more customized panels of smaller amount of markers at any time. Only downside is they only go through Quest, but I have founds scheduling fairly easy, and I have 2 options within 20-30 minutes of where I live.

Click to expand...

Function's closest site sits 50 miles from me.

Beyond that, certain markers require me to get tested on a tighter schedule.
 
MikeyMike said:


Have you looked at Function? I used them for a 100+ biomarker panel. Cost was $399 (you can even find a $100 off sometimesor a referral code from current member gives $100 off) for a 1 year membership that includes 1 retest of 40 markers, and you can add on others to that lab. Full retest is around $309 of the original 100+ panel. You can also order more customized panels of smaller amount of markers at any time. Only downside is they only go through Quest, but I have founds scheduling fairly easy, and I have 2 options within 20-30 minutes of where I live.

Click to expand...
Here's my plan
 
woundcarping said:


I spent $830ish last month on a broad (40 tests) baseline update testing and 8 week TRT.

I pay $25-30/month for membership which takes care of the draw fees and gives access to some panels. No draw/test fee how the $14 test was possible earlier this month.

Next month is another TRT update. This was $185 (bought on the Easter Sale). Lipid panel is part of a package, but I added the lipid+apob.

View attachment 21239

This was the $830, labcorp retail pricing was around $2k for this.

View attachment 21240

View attachment 21241

Click to expand...
What about C-peptide? I'm wondering why you'd want that tested, especially since insulin is already on your panel.
 
ChubbyOp said:

Quick update on this thread: day 2 of Reta is fully done for me. No side effects yet, and I’m not noticing anything else either. The drug needs time to accumulate, I know that, so I’m just waiting it out until my next shot. With Wegovy it was a totally different story — things kicked in just days after injection #1. Maybe my starting dose was too low? We’ll see once injection #2 happens.

My scale still hasn’t shown up, and I’m not confident usps will come through (sorry, wife — hope the post office queue isn’t brutal). I’ll post my weight the moment I can. Right now I’d guess I’m around 400 pounds. Probably should have given my stats up front: 32 years old, 6’ 3”.

An exit plan crossed my mind today. Staying on Reta forever isn’t the goal — I want to use it as a tool, get the upside, and build habits that stick while I’m on it. Keto is something I really like, and carnivore even more. Carnivore was honestly one of the best diet experiences I’ve had (my wallet disagrees). So my plan for now is to shape my eating around what works best with Reta, while keeping it easy to shift into keto or carnivore later when I come off.
Just a heads-up: going carnivore doesn't automatically mean you'll lose weight. In my own case, I put on roughly 15 pounds when I made the switch from keto back then, even though I stuck to it religiously. I felt fantastic, and my guess is that most of those 15 pounds weren't fat — but it's surprisingly simple to eat too much protein and drop out of deep ketosis (or leave ketosis completely) if that's how your system tends to respond.
 
Back
Top