Reta ruined by heat and pausing then resuming

articfox

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
I learned this the hard way after paying for it: I left some reta sitting at room temperature for an extended period, and now it is cooked.

Sadly, I am forced to pause reta until I can restock, which I guess will take 2 weeks. What I want to know is whether I need to titrate upward again, or whether my receptors are already conditioned to a certain level, meaning I could jump straight back in at 3mg.

I would like to hear what you all think.
 
What signs show that it has gone bad? Does it look different? Does it smell off? How does it feel? A real temperature reading? That is alarming!
 
You kept reconstituted reta at room temp? And BAC was used for the recon, yeah?

A 2-week pause isn’t an issue either. Back when I did FIFO and had to go through mandatory searches of personal belongings, my reta schedule was 2 weeks on (at home) followed by 2 weeks off (at work). Since the half-life is 6 days, there will still be some left in your system. If the dose were higher or the break much longer, in my shoes I might look at the GLP1 Plotter to work out how much remained in my system, then set that as my dose and titrate back up—but my own view is that 3 mg after a 2-week break should be okay.
 
conzopiriani said:

What signs show that it has gone bad? Does it look different? Does it smell off? How does it feel? A real temperature reading? That is alarming!
It hadn't been mixed yet, and taking it produced no effect at all.
 
Dos-Dox said:

You kept reconstituted reta at room temp? And BAC was used for the recon, yeah?

A 2-week pause isn’t an issue either. Back when I did FIFO and had to go through mandatory searches of personal belongings, my reta schedule was 2 weeks on (at home) followed by 2 weeks off (at work). Since the half-life is 6 days, there will still be some left in your system. If the dose were higher or the break much longer, in my shoes I might look at the GLP1 Plotter to work out how much remained in my system, then set that as my dose and titrate back up—but my own view is that 3 mg after a 2-week break should be okay.
I never mixed it up; it was left at roughly 30c for close to 4 weeks.

Cheers mate, good to know that going back to 3mg will be alright.
 
Just remain at the same dosage. Its half-life is roughly 5-6 days. Clearing it from your body requires 5 half-lives, which works out to around 30 days. Reaching peak concentration takes the same number of half-lives.
 
I’m not sure I’m tracking this yet. A month at room temperature for a lyophilized peptide really ought to be fine. If it was never reconstituted, then that alone shouldn’t make it inactive. You said you didn’t recon it, but from your comment that it did nothing, I take it you injected a dose and felt no effect. So…once more…I’m just trying to line up the details - I think maybe either you got it already as a liquid (reconstituted) and it sat at room temp for 4 weeks, or it was still powder and you added BAC and don’t feel an effect.
 
Dos-Dox said:

I’m not sure I’m tracking this yet. A month at room temperature for a lyophilized peptide really ought to be fine. If it was never reconstituted, then that alone shouldn’t make it inactive. You said you didn’t recon it, but from your comment that it did nothing, I take it you injected a dose and felt no effect. So…once more…I’m just trying to line up the details - I think maybe either you got it already as a liquid (reconstituted) and it sat at room temp for 4 weeks, or it was still powder and you added BAC and don’t feel an effect.
It was lyophilized when I got it, and I kept it in that form. Where I stored it, the temperature swung between 10c and 30c.

When I injected it, nothing happened. Even at 8mg, my appetite wasn’t suppressed and I had no sign it was doing anything.
 
According to what I was told, it can be kept for 1 month at no more than 30C. For Tirz, that equals 86F, which is the ceiling, and even at that temperature it only holds for 21 days. So yes, it could well be ruined.
 
Alright, that lines up with what I figured. With reta, going by feel alone is genuinely tough. I don’t know how long you’ve been running your protocol, but at 3 mg you’re probably at least a few weeks in (ideally more). As you’re aware, among the GLPs reta isn’t the strongest when it comes to appetite suppression, and after some use it stops landing the same way. Buying from another source is totally fine, but in your shoes I’d stick with what I already had and keep monitoring measurable metrics (weight, body fat %, etc.).
 
Chili777 said:

According to what I was told, it can be kept for 1 month at no more than 30C. For Tirz, that equals 86F, which is the ceiling, and even at that temperature it only holds for 21 days. So yes, it could well be ruined.
Where I’m at is the southern US, so before anything gets into my freezer where it’s safe, it’s almost certainly been through a warehouse, a container ship, a mailbox, and a delivery truck at way hotter temps. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The way I see it, that doesn’t make it dangerous, so I’d keep going with it — though risk tolerance is a personal call for each person. My only real point is that I wouldn’t rely on feels as the reason to throw a vial out.
 
Dos-Dox said:

Chili777 said:

According to what I was told, it can be kept for 1 month at no more than 30C. For Tirz, that equals 86F, which is the ceiling, and even at that temperature it only holds for 21 days. So yes, it could well be ruined.
Where I’m at is the southern US, so before anything gets into my freezer where it’s safe, it’s almost certainly been through a warehouse, a container ship, a mailbox, and a delivery truck at way hotter temps. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The way I see it, that doesn’t make it dangerous, so I’d keep going with it — though risk tolerance is a personal call for each person. My only real point is that I wouldn’t rely on feels as the reason to throw a vial out.
It wouldn't be hazardous, but the strength would suffer. Without testing, there's not much else to judge by. During shipping, I'd expect 30C conditions wouldn't persist beyond 21 days. Also, 8 mg is a decent dose. If that were my sole vial, I'd probably still use it.
 
Dos-Dox said:

Alright, that lines up with what I figured. With reta, going by feel alone is genuinely tough. I don’t know how long you’ve been running your protocol, but at 3 mg you’re probably at least a few weeks in (ideally more). As you’re aware, among the GLPs reta isn’t the strongest when it comes to appetite suppression, and after some use it stops landing the same way. Buying from another source is totally fine, but in your shoes I’d stick with what I already had and keep monitoring measurable metrics (weight, body fat %, etc.).
That is completely accurate.
 
Dos-Dox said:

Alright, that lines up with what I figured. With reta, going by feel alone is genuinely tough. I don’t know how long you’ve been running your protocol, but at 3 mg you’re probably at least a few weeks in (ideally more). As you’re aware, among the GLPs reta isn’t the strongest when it comes to appetite suppression, and after some use it stops landing the same way. Buying from another source is totally fine, but in your shoes I’d stick with what I already had and keep monitoring measurable metrics (weight, body fat %, etc.).
I haven't used reta myself, but I've been on tirz/survo since last fall. I hit gw on Nov 1, 25 and don't feel anything — even so, I've stayed at gw comfortably since Nov 1, 25. For me it isn't about feelz; it's about efficacy.

That said, this absolutely makes me question my whole health protocol, and not just fool myself that a weekly peptide injection will magically handle everything.
 
Chili777 said:

According to what I was told, it can be kept for 1 month at no more than 30C. For Tirz, that equals 86F, which is the ceiling, and even at that temperature it only holds for 21 days. So yes, it could well be ruined.
I'm not sure — it spends months sitting in a warehouse at 80degrees
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Chili777 said:

According to what I was told, it can be kept for 1 month at no more than 30C. For Tirz, that equals 86F, which is the ceiling, and even at that temperature it only holds for 21 days. So yes, it could well be ruined.
I'm not sure — it spends months sitting in a warehouse at 80degrees
So, at 8 mg he's putting on weight. That basically settles the matter.
 
There just isn’t enough information from arcticfox for any of us to draw a conclusion here. The dose mentioned was 3 mg. Whether that’s taken once a week or several times a week isn’t clear. No word on whether calories are being logged. How long this warm-stored product was used before it was mixed is also missing. And it’s unclear whether the weight gain showed up the following day or held steady across a couple of weeks. For myself, I weigh in every day since it fluctuates, yet the broader direction is still down. Seeing a higher number can be frustrating, but when you look at the bigger picture it usually slopes downward, provided you’re still putting in the effort. That said, if I overate for a week and the scale went up, I wouldn’t put that on the reta. I also wouldn’t tell myself “I wouldn’t have wanted to binge if the reta was working.” On reta I’m hungry a LOT, but it does help me tune it out and more or less disregard it between meals. No two people are the same. I eat whatever I want, but not whenever I want, and I log calories no matter what. The reta can’t be expected to carry the whole load by itself.
 
Back
Top