Reta reducing sleep duration (dropped from 7 to 5-6 hours) — how did you fix it?

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
I'm not sure what your basis for that is, because all the top peptide researchers say the opposite. The only thing that changes with split dosing is that it takes more time to reach a higher serum level in your system. Do you have a source? If you've come across a new finding about split dosing, I'm willing to learn.
 
bgddy32 said:


I haven't actually, i keep debating it. I have all this Reta so a little annoying to switch it up but i don't know how much longer i can handle this lack of sleep.

Click to expand...
I've got a decent supply of each.

I'm starting to think the ceiling for me is 2mg Reta alongside 5mg Tirz, since that's what my system tolerates without trouble. Digestion and metabolism both got better on Reta. The problem kicks in the moment I move up to 3mg: irritating side effects show up, sleep turns bad, skin gets tingly, and so on — and since I bumped the dose 2 weeks ago, my sleep has been terrible.
 
Justatechdude said:


I have a good bit of both.

At this point I think I’m gonna have to accept my body can comfortably handle 2mg Reta + 5mg Tirz. The Reta improved my digestion and metabolism. But as soon as I hit 3mg I get annoying sides, Bad sleep, tingly skin etc - horrible sleep since I’ve increased 2 weeks ago.

Click to expand...
Good to hear — my GB tirz should arrive shortly, and once it does I'll give that a shot.
 
ZetsuM said:

since my first reta dose (0.5mg on sunday), sleep has been an issue.

if that makes any sense, i'd describe the feeling as 'alert'.

annoying, since other than that, there are barely any upsides so far.
If my sleep goes sideways, my go-to is a nighttime stack: Ipamorelin plus magnesium bisglyconate. Not sure I’ve got the spelling right on that, but it gets absorbed better than the cheaper magnesium options — those send you running to the bathroom, and nobody wants an accident in bed lol!
 
bgddy32 said:


Its good to know im waiting on my GB tirz to come in soon then I will try this.

Click to expand...
Yep, a gradual switch to Reta is pretty common. Since Tirz+Reta is working for me, I’ll stick with that. After I hit my goal weight, I’ll likely go back to Tirz alone- it’s really inexpensive.
 
OzzyFit said:

CurlySlacker42 said:

OzzyFit said:

I've been doing CJC/IPA, plus 1 hr before bed I take oxytocin nasal. My sleep has gotten a lot better, I think because of that.
With oxytocin, are you able to remain asleep? Getting to sleep isn't my issue — it's staying asleep all night that I struggle with.
Every night I'd be up at 3am, no exceptions. These days it still happens occasionally, but falling back asleep is no problem. Back before adding CJC/IPA and oxytocin, any interruption meant lying there alert for 2 hours or so. Now the sleep itself feels deeper, so I wake up far more refreshed.
If oxytocin were the only thing you took, do you figure your sleep would still be deep?
 
Adding a protein bar — a David bar, specifically — before I go to sleep has made a real difference for me.
 
Silver said:

Adding a protein bar — a David bar, specifically — before I go to sleep has made a real difference for me.
That approach did nothing for me. Last night I took magnesium plus a Benadryl, and bam — I woke up 2 times to pee and fell asleep again right away. I was still up around 4ish, but the sleep was solid. Tonight I'll see how it goes.
 
JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
Your information is wrong.
 
Redz said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
Your information is wrong.
Honestly, no. People do it either way, and it comes down to personal preference. I've always taken a single dose and never felt the need to split it.
 
BNLFL said:

Redz said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
Your information is wrong.
Honestly, no. People do it either way, and it comes down to personal preference. I've always taken a single dose and never felt the need to split it.
Not what the OP claimed. According to him, it impacts how well the drug works and leads to tolerance — that part is nonsense. Beyond that, sure, some individuals split their dose to keep serum levels steadier and reduce side effects, but ultimately it comes down to what each person prefers.
 
bgddy32 said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
I'm not sure what your basis for that is, because all the top peptide researchers say the opposite. The only thing that changes with split dosing is that it takes more time to reach a higher serum level in your system. Do you have a source? If you've come across a new finding about split dosing, I'm willing to learn.
The dosing info on the research site is the latest version.

Retatrutide hits 3 receptors: GLP-1 (cuts appetite, affects insulin), GI (metabolic effects, insulin sensitivity), and glucagon (fat breakdown, energy burn). If the dose is very low, GLP-1 may get switched on only partly while glucagon signaling stays mostly off, leaving the signaling out of balance. The result: the energy burn/fat oxidation part is lost, GI slowing and appetite suppression are weaker, less fat comes off, and side effects tend to be worse (more side effects get triggered before full efficacy is reached). Basically, stable engagement of all the receptors stops happening.

In the same way, splitting Retatrutide doses isn't advised, since it brings on desensitization sooner.
 
JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
I'm not sure what your basis for that is, because all the top peptide researchers say the opposite. The only thing that changes with split dosing is that it takes more time to reach a higher serum level in your system. Do you have a source? If you've come across a new finding about split dosing, I'm willing to learn.
The dosing info on the research site is the latest version.

Retatrutide hits 3 receptors: GLP-1 (cuts appetite, affects insulin), GI (metabolic effects, insulin sensitivity), and glucagon (fat breakdown, energy burn). If the dose is very low, GLP-1 may get switched on only partly while glucagon signaling stays mostly off, leaving the signaling out of balance. The result: the energy burn/fat oxidation part is lost, GI slowing and appetite suppression are weaker, less fat comes off, and side effects tend to be worse (more side effects get triggered before full efficacy is reached). Basically, stable engagement of all the receptors stops happening.

In the same way, splitting Retatrutide doses isn't advised, since it brings on desensitization sooner.
According to that, the half-life is 6 days at very low doses, so dividing the dose means it simply takes more time to build up higher serum levels, yet your baseline level ends up higher than with a once-weekly shot. I don't believe you grasp how this operates.
 
bgddy32 said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

JA$$E said:

bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
I'm not sure what your basis for that is, because all the top peptide researchers say the opposite. The only thing that changes with split dosing is that it takes more time to reach a higher serum level in your system. Do you have a source? If you've come across a new finding about split dosing, I'm willing to learn.
The dosing info on the research site is the latest version.

Retatrutide hits 3 receptors: GLP-1 (cuts appetite, affects insulin), GI (metabolic effects, insulin sensitivity), and glucagon (fat breakdown, energy burn). If the dose is very low, GLP-1 may get switched on only partly while glucagon signaling stays mostly off, leaving the signaling out of balance. The result: the energy burn/fat oxidation part is lost, GI slowing and appetite suppression are weaker, less fat comes off, and side effects tend to be worse (more side effects get triggered before full efficacy is reached). Basically, stable engagement of all the receptors stops happening.

In the same way, splitting Retatrutide doses isn't advised, since it brings on desensitization sooner.
According to that, the half-life is 6 days at very low doses, so dividing the dose means it simply takes more time to build up higher serum levels, yet your baseline level ends up higher than with a once-weekly shot. I don't believe you grasp how this operates.
I'm not claiming this is an absolute rule — as you're aware, it's still experimental. I'm not denying there may be upsides, but solid clinical study data doesn't exist showing it's a preferred or alternative dosing schedule. My background is in medicine, so I trust my own research, and I administer medications every day. I'm not here to compete over who's more knowledgeable, but clearly your view was different
 
Back
Top