Reta reducing sleep duration (dropped from 7 to 5-6 hours) — how did you fix it?

In the morning I use Magnesium Malate 225mg to help with energy and mental clarity during the day. Then right before sleeping, I have 30g Casein protein along with 133mg Magnesium Glycinate, which helps me relax and gives a slow protein release through the night for recovery. Keep total Magnesium below 425mg per day.

That should improve your sleep. For me, nothing else has come close to this combo.
 
With sleep and Reta, the sole problem I ran into was needing the bathroom 3-4 times per night. Once I stopped drinking anything after 7pm, that went down to 1-2 trips. Beyond that, my sleep quality is the same as it has always been.
 
ZetsuM said:

since my first reta dose (0.5mg on sunday), sleep has been an issue.

if that makes any sense, i'd describe the feeling as 'alert'.

annoying, since other than that, there are barely any upsides so far.
Hi, a month has passed. Has anything gotten better?
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

I'd like to know which carbs people have before bed — basically, what's on your plate at night?
For me, it was Smartfood popcorn, a protein bar, or a Fairlife protein drink.
That protein bar offer sounds good to me.

deleted.user.26 said:

With sleep and Reta, the sole problem I ran into was needing the bathroom 3-4 times per night. Once I stopped drinking anything after 7pm, that went down to 1-2 trips. Beyond that, my sleep quality is the same as it has always been.
Agreed. I aim to cut off water, or keep it at 6.
 
CurlySlacker42 said:


Are you able to catch up on sleep on your days off/ weekends off? How about naps?

Click to expand...
Things have settled down for me at this point. The trouble lasted through roughly my first 3 weeks, and once I got past that stretch I was completely back to normal. My sleep isn't flawless, but it's far easier to deal with these days.
 
CurlySlacker42 said:

ZetsuM said:

since my first reta dose (0.5mg on sunday), sleep has been an issue.

if that makes any sense, i'd describe the feeling as 'alert'.

annoying, since other than that, there are barely any upsides so far.
Hi, a month has passed. Has anything gotten better?
Hey, for sure — those initial nights were rough. These days I inject during the morning or right after lunch, and the problem's gone.

Honestly, I figure a lot of it came from my own head — putting some 'mystery compound' into myself and whatnot 😀.
 
sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
Sleep problems are hitting me too. Someone else mentioned pushing through 6 weeks with poor sleep, and I'm not sure I can manage that.
 
bgddy32 said:

During the first stretch, sleep was fine, but once week 3 arrived, the amount of sleep I get has clearly dropped. Short of adding more peptides, I've given everything a shot:

- going to bed sooner

- no food after 6

- keeping the phone out of the bedroom

Magnesium makes falling asleep happen very fast, yet the problem now is remaining asleep. I'm wondering whether anyone else experienced this and managed to resolve it without extra medication, or whether it eventually stops at some stage?

About to start week 4, on 1mg twice a week from the very beginning.
I'm in the same boat and ended up stopping it. Have you given ipamorelin, DSIP, or melatonin gummies a shot?
 
On Sema, this problem stuck around for roughly 3-4 months, and once I stopped, my sleep returned to normal and I was sleeping well again. When I began Reta, I was hoping the sleep trouble wouldn't follow me, but it returned quickly. During the past week I've been getting sleep, yet it never feels deep — I keep feeling like I'm only half under, if that makes any sense. I head to bed near Midnight, but I consistently wake up near 4 AM. Occasionally I can drift back off, other times I can't. I'll give it more time and see whether it improves. I'd rather not add a pile of other peptides purely for sleep. Magnesium before bed hasn't really helped, though I tried a THC gummie last night and slept better. I'll take one again tonight.
 
tendency said:

bgddy32 said:

During the first stretch, sleep was fine, but once week 3 arrived, the amount of sleep I get has clearly dropped. Short of adding more peptides, I've given everything a shot:

- going to bed sooner

- no food after 6

- keeping the phone out of the bedroom

Magnesium makes falling asleep happen very fast, yet the problem now is remaining asleep. I'm wondering whether anyone else experienced this and managed to resolve it without extra medication, or whether it eventually stops at some stage?

About to start week 4, on 1mg twice a week from the very beginning.
Retatrutide was great, but my resting heart rate rose a lot and my sleep got worse, so I just moved over to Tirzepatide - no more problems.
But that resting heart rate, seriously!!
 
CurlySlacker42 said:


Are you able to catch up on sleep on your days off/ weekends off? How about naps?

Click to expand...
Squeezing in naps is essential! (Provided you're able to take them or have the spare time)
 
Mr. B said:

On Sema, this problem stuck around for roughly 3-4 months, and once I stopped, my sleep returned to normal and I was sleeping well again. When I began Reta, I was hoping the sleep trouble wouldn't follow me, but it returned quickly. During the past week I've been getting sleep, yet it never feels deep — I keep feeling like I'm only half under, if that makes any sense. I head to bed near Midnight, but I consistently wake up near 4 AM. Occasionally I can drift back off, other times I can't. I'll give it more time and see whether it improves. I'd rather not add a pile of other peptides purely for sleep. Magnesium before bed hasn't really helped, though I tried a THC gummie last night and slept better. I'll take one again tonight.
Yeah, that's exactly it — I was shocked by how much of a change there was. Once 4 weeks had passed, I was finally able to sleep without that feeling you're talking about, like you're only half under. That said, whenever my dose goes up, the sleep problems come back now and then, though they always even out in the end.
 
Bjd4162 said:

bgddy32 said:

During the first stretch, sleep was fine, but once week 3 arrived, the amount of sleep I get has clearly dropped. Short of adding more peptides, I've given everything a shot:

- going to bed sooner

- no food after 6

- keeping the phone out of the bedroom

Magnesium makes falling asleep happen very fast, yet the problem now is remaining asleep. I'm wondering whether anyone else experienced this and managed to resolve it without extra medication, or whether it eventually stops at some stage?

About to start week 4, on 1mg twice a week from the very beginning.
I'm in the same boat and ended up stopping it. Have you given ipamorelin, DSIP, or melatonin gummies a shot?
Honestly, nothing — I just pushed through it. I picked up some tirz to switch over, but the sides cleared up on their own. I'm 12 pounds from my target, and once I'm there I'll change over regardless, just to give myself a rest from reta.
 
I've been doing CJC/IPA, plus 1 hr before bed I take oxytocin nasal. My sleep has gotten a lot better, I think because of that.
 
OzzyFit said:

I've been doing CJC/IPA, plus 1 hr before bed I take oxytocin nasal. My sleep has gotten a lot better, I think because of that.
With oxytocin, are you able to remain asleep? Getting to sleep isn't my issue — it's staying asleep all night that I struggle with.
 
2-3 hours prior to bed I take magnesium along with benadryl. Right before turning in, it's malitonin plus cjc/ipa. I wear ear plugs and run a white noise machine while sleeping. On top of that, 528 hz or 432 hz frequencies make a big difference. Search Youtube for "528 hz black screen no adds" and pick a 12 hour one you like. Let it run through the night. That's been a huge help for me.
 
CurlySlacker42 said:

OzzyFit said:

I've been doing CJC/IPA, plus 1 hr before bed I take oxytocin nasal. My sleep has gotten a lot better, I think because of that.
With oxytocin, are you able to remain asleep? Getting to sleep isn't my issue — it's staying asleep all night that I struggle with.
Every night I'd be up at 3am, no exceptions. These days it still happens occasionally, but falling back asleep is no problem. Back before adding CJC/IPA and oxytocin, any interruption meant lying there alert for 2 hours or so. Now the sleep itself feels deeper, so I wake up far more refreshed.
 
bgddy32 said:

sfkid said:

Reta isn't a good fit for everyone. I'm in that group. Have you given Tirz a shot? For me, Tirz delivered identical outcomes to Reta, minus the side effects...
I take 2mg per week, divided across two shots: 1mg on Tuesday and 1mg on Thursday. My plan was to mirror the study's titration schedule and reach 4mg by week 5, but the sleep-related side effects make that impossible.
Splitting the dose isn't advised. It won't fully trigger all the markers as they should be, and tolerance is more likely to build up that way.
 
My sleep still doesn't last long enough. That said, every sleep marker sits in the good range except duration. I'm not looking to troubleshoot it while the scale keeps showing results. I'm not trying to fine-tune for study purposes, I'm trying to lose weight. Best of luck on reta, your sleep will shorten if you are like me.
 
Back
Top