Reta reducing sleep duration (dropped from 7 to 5-6 hours) — how did you fix it?

Clavicular's Hammer said:

I stopped following my CJC rule about avoiding food before sleep, and instead had carbs just before hitting the sack

Passed out like an infant

My guess is that frequently we don’t sense hunger, yet our system wakes us because it needs fuel
Yep, that ☝️👆☝️👆
 
Compared with the other glps, Reta tends to trigger more activation of the sympathetic nervous system. For most people the thing they notice is a change in heart rate rather than sleep, but there is no reason it could not also make sleeping more difficult. Usually these kinds of side effects appear to improve as time goes on.

Sleep can also be disrupted by hunger, so eating a little something fairly close to bedtime may sometimes be helpful.

Melatonin is fairly safe, non toxic, and non addictive, though a dose closer to 3mg is probably wiser than 10mg, taken 1 or 2 hours before bed.

Or if it does not go away tirz instead.
 
BNLFL said:

Does 1mg really wreck your sleep that badly? For me it didn't kick in until 6mg, and at 8mg now it's the worst it's been. My wife and I take gummies at bedtime. We do half at bedtime, then the other half when I wake up somewhere around 11pm-1am. Just don't confuse 4am with 11pm and take that second half at 4. I woke up wide awake at 4:45, got out of bed and wandered around the house. It took me a few tries just to get the coffee going. 🤣
What's the mg dosage on those gummies? Every once in a while I'll take them right before bed, though there was a stretch where I used them nightly. I'd split them into 1/4 pieces. The brain fog made it not seem worth it to me. On nights I skip them, I go with melatonin instead. I was using them for sleep well before starting reta, but the help was pretty minimal — I'd go to bed at 11-12 and then wake at 1-2am, only to end up raiding the cabinets (which played a part in why I ended up on reta for the munchie weight).
 
Powerslide said:

BNLFL said:

Does 1mg really wreck your sleep that badly? For me it didn't kick in until 6mg, and at 8mg now it's the worst it's been. My wife and I take gummies at bedtime. We do half at bedtime, then the other half when I wake up somewhere around 11pm-1am. Just don't confuse 4am with 11pm and take that second half at 4. I woke up wide awake at 4:45, got out of bed and wandered around the house. It took me a few tries just to get the coffee going. 🤣
What's the mg dosage on those gummies? Every once in a while I'll take them right before bed, though there was a stretch where I used them nightly. I'd split them into 1/4 pieces. The brain fog made it not seem worth it to me. On nights I skip them, I go with melatonin instead. I was using them for sleep well before starting reta, but the help was pretty minimal — I'd go to bed at 11-12 and then wake at 1-2am, only to end up raiding the cabinets (which played a part in why I ended up on reta for the munchie weight).
Honestly I don't have a set amount. Half goes in at bedtime, then the rest once I stir somewhere between 12 and 1 in the morning. I don't go hunting for snacks in the middle of the night. They do help us get to sleep, but I'm still waking up near 5.
 
I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
 
miameow said:

I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
Last night I had a slice of sourdough toast. My time asleep didn't change, but the quality seemed improved, I believe.
 
As mentioned earlier, melatonin can play a role. Is the issue that your sleep rhythm gets disrupted when you wake up, or is it mainly difficulty getting back to sleep?
 
bgddy32 said:

miameow said:

I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
Last night I had a slice of sourdough toast. My time asleep didn't change, but the quality seemed improved, I believe.
Got any news? How's your sleep these days?
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

bgddy32 said:

miameow said:

I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
Last night I had a slice of sourdough toast. My time asleep didn't change, but the quality seemed improved, I believe.
Got any news? How's your sleep these days?
Honestly I was about to post an update here today. All week I bumped up my carbs, and 2 days back my digestion went back to normal for the 1st time this whole month, plus last night I slept 7 hours!!! So relieved haha

Now I'm curious whether anyone else noticed reta hitting less hard around the same time the sides faded?? That's my current guess, though I'm hoping it's wrong since I'd like to remain at this dose for as long as I can.
 
ladyj779 said:

It takes time. Somewhere near week 6 it settles down. Then sleep returns to normal.
Your call was spot on — the past day or 2, every side effect has gone away. Once the sides quit at that dose, did the reta itself seem weaker to you?
 
since my first reta dose (0.5mg on sunday), sleep has been an issue.

if that makes any sense, i'd describe the feeling as 'alert'.

annoying, since other than that, there are barely any upsides so far.
 
bgddy32 said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

bgddy32 said:

miameow said:

I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
Last night I had a slice of sourdough toast. My time asleep didn't change, but the quality seemed improved, I believe.
Got any news? How's your sleep these days?
Honestly I was about to post an update here today. All week I bumped up my carbs, and 2 days back my digestion went back to normal for the 1st time this whole month, plus last night I slept 7 hours!!! So relieved haha

Now I'm curious whether anyone else noticed reta hitting less hard around the same time the sides faded?? That's my current guess, though I'm hoping it's wrong since I'd like to remain at this dose for as long as I can.

Since sleep plays such a major role in losing weight, I figure it probably balances out
 
bgddy32 said:

ladyj779 said:

It takes time. Somewhere near week 6 it settles down. Then sleep returns to normal.
Your call was spot on — the past day or 2, every side effect has gone away. Once the sides quit at that dose, did the reta itself seem weaker to you?
Nope. The weight is still coming off. That said, I've got tirz in the mix too, plus kpv since last month, ghkcu started 2 weeks ago, and wolverine added this week — so honestly, there's no way to tell what's actually going on inside me at this point?? 😂😂😂
 
bgddy32 said:

During the first stretch, sleep was fine, but once week 3 arrived, the amount of sleep I get has clearly dropped. Short of adding more peptides, I've given everything a shot:

- going to bed sooner

- no food after 6

- keeping the phone out of the bedroom

Magnesium makes falling asleep happen very fast, yet the problem now is remaining asleep. I'm wondering whether anyone else experienced this and managed to resolve it without extra medication, or whether it eventually stops at some stage?

About to start week 4, on 1mg twice a week from the very beginning.

A dip in blood sugar can jolt you awake — that's what makes hitting the pillow on an empty stomach so rough. Try getting down about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. The protein ought to carry you through to morning.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

bgddy32 said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

bgddy32 said:

miameow said:

I feel like I've given every option a shot.. still, my present sleep stack — mag glycinate, valerian root, and melatonin — has me pretty satisfied.
Last night I had a slice of sourdough toast. My time asleep didn't change, but the quality seemed improved, I believe.
Got any news? How's your sleep these days?
Honestly I was about to post an update here today. All week I bumped up my carbs, and 2 days back my digestion went back to normal for the 1st time this whole month, plus last night I slept 7 hours!!! So relieved haha

Now I'm curious whether anyone else noticed reta hitting less hard around the same time the sides faded?? That's my current guess, though I'm hoping it's wrong since I'd like to remain at this dose for as long as I can.

Since sleep plays such a major role in losing weight, I figure it probably balances out

69f78c4acd4a4f9b6840d10182695b1a0449dfc88820bc5c0ab4230e59368d45.gif
 
ZetsuM said:

since my first reta dose (0.5mg on sunday), sleep has been an issue.

if that makes any sense, i'd describe the feeling as 'alert'.

annoying, since other than that, there are barely any upsides so far.
Is .5mg really the dose that's disrupting your sleep? That doesn't add up to me. For me, things were fine until I reached 6mg, and at 8mg it's gotten even worse.

What led you to begin at .5mg? Have you gone through any of the E Lilly trial studies?
 
If melatonin is part of your routine, an excessive dose may be the culprit behind lost sleep. My own dose is 3 mg; when I went up to 10, I ended up completely alert.

Beyond that, my stack includes tart cherry extract, magnesium, and L theanine. Of the three, L theanine is the one I consider my secret sauce.
 
Currently on 5mg tirz, and for the past 2 weeks I've been adding 0.5mg of reta midweek. The last few nights have been rough — I wake up between 2-4am with a pounding heart and a headache. I suspect it's glucose related, since that sometimes hits me midday as well. With tirz alone I never had any issues. I'm also running GLOW, NAD+ and Selank, but I believe reta is the culprit. Hoping things level out next week; I'll stay at 0.5 until it resolves. Will keep you posted.
 
Even with a few melatonin tablets plus magnesium glycinate, I still can't fall asleep. I've read that CJC1295 + ipa noc dac might be useful
 
Ajejebrazorf said:

Currently on 5mg tirz, and for the past 2 weeks I've been adding 0.5mg of reta midweek. The last few nights have been rough — I wake up between 2-4am with a pounding heart and a headache. I suspect it's glucose related, since that sometimes hits me midday as well. With tirz alone I never had any issues. I'm also running GLOW, NAD+ and Selank, but I believe reta is the culprit. Hoping things level out next week; I'll stay at 0.5 until it resolves. Will keep you posted.
Once I got past week 3, things leveled out for me. That said, any day where my carbs come in on the lower side turns into a disaster. I've come to understand that getting sufficient carbs to support my training sessions and my sleep matters far more than I gave it credit for at the beginning.
 
Back
Top