Hey everyone, a bit of background.
During the previous year I was on Mounjaro for 8 months. The first month was 1 mg, month 2 was 2.5 mg, then 5 mg for 4 months, 7.5 mg for 1 month, and 10 mg for 2 weeks. I dropped 30 kg. The intense appetite suppression that others describe never happened for me, but refusing food became far less difficult, particularly at night.
I have now been off it for roughly 6 weeks and lately began retatrutide.
My initial plan was 30 mg thanks to a New Year promotion, but it was out of stock, so 40 mg arrived instead. First I put 2 ml bacteriostatic water into the vial, pulled out 1 mg, filtered it into a pen cartridge, and then pushed another 2 ml of bac water through a filter into that same cartridge. That should give 20 mg in 3 ml overall. Priming and a bit of leakage appear to have cost me close to 1 ml, though the concentration ought to be unchanged.
Wanting to be careful, I injected 0.5 mg on Monday. On Wednesday I added 0.5 mg more. The following Monday, since I felt nothing, I took 1 mg, and on that Wednesday I added another 1 mg.
Rather than lowering my hunger, it is increasing it. I have not felt this hungry in a very long time. I keep eating. Even after a balanced dinner containing protein, rice and vegetables, I head straight to the fridge and eat more. All of a sudden I want sugary drinks and candy, things I normally do not even like.
Is this expected when beginning retatrutide?
Currently only on reta.
During the previous year I was on Mounjaro for 8 months. The first month was 1 mg, month 2 was 2.5 mg, then 5 mg for 4 months, 7.5 mg for 1 month, and 10 mg for 2 weeks. I dropped 30 kg. The intense appetite suppression that others describe never happened for me, but refusing food became far less difficult, particularly at night.
I have now been off it for roughly 6 weeks and lately began retatrutide.
My initial plan was 30 mg thanks to a New Year promotion, but it was out of stock, so 40 mg arrived instead. First I put 2 ml bacteriostatic water into the vial, pulled out 1 mg, filtered it into a pen cartridge, and then pushed another 2 ml of bac water through a filter into that same cartridge. That should give 20 mg in 3 ml overall. Priming and a bit of leakage appear to have cost me close to 1 ml, though the concentration ought to be unchanged.
Wanting to be careful, I injected 0.5 mg on Monday. On Wednesday I added 0.5 mg more. The following Monday, since I felt nothing, I took 1 mg, and on that Wednesday I added another 1 mg.
Rather than lowering my hunger, it is increasing it. I have not felt this hungry in a very long time. I keep eating. Even after a balanced dinner containing protein, rice and vegetables, I head straight to the fridge and eat more. All of a sudden I want sugary drinks and candy, things I normally do not even like.
Is this expected when beginning retatrutide?
Currently only on reta.