lessthanhalf said:
davefromfv said:
I'm about to start splitting my Reta dose. Going to 4mg twice is something I've already tried and the sides kick my @ss (bloating, sulfur burps and a generally unhappy tummy). The plan is 2mg on F and Tuesday for a few weeks. 3mg goes down fine, but my body says "nope" the moment it's 4mg in one shot.
That's exactly the right way to handle those side effects, and even more so when the ones 4mg gives you only last 2 or 3 days. If they fade that early, it's very good evidence that splitting will work. Simply waiting is the other answer here. GI side effects behave differently to the weight loss effects — evidence of tolerance shows up in most people — so coming back to a higher dose after a month or 2 away can be worth doing.
Back when I was on ozempic, increasing past 0.5mg never worked for me, so I ended up on 0.22mg doses every second day ( =0.8mg/w), which kept the nausea and malaise down while still nudging the dose up a bit to help control hunger.