Reta first dose after nearly a year on Tirz?

kill_bill

Explorer
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Uk
My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
 
kill_bill said:

My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
My starting point was 1.5, and the effects were unmistakable. I stayed at 1.5 for roughly 3 weeks, then moved up to 2mg. That's been my dose for 5 weeks now. Low doses seem to suit my body well as I gradually increase toward higher amounts, and I'm happy with how it's responding. Where I'll ultimately land is still unclear, but beginning this journey feels exciting.
 
chemstud said:

kill_bill said:

My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
My starting point was 1.5, and the effects were unmistakable. I stayed at 1.5 for roughly 3 weeks, then moved up to 2mg. That's been my dose for 5 weeks now. Low doses seem to suit my body well as I gradually increase toward higher amounts, and I'm happy with how it's responding. Where I'll ultimately land is still unclear, but beginning this journey feels exciting.
Did you stop tirz first, or are you still taking it while beginning Reta?
 
kill_bill said:

My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
For 3 months I took 2.5 Tirz. Then I made a cold turkey switch to 2mg of reta, and it seemed slightly less potent. However, 4 weeks later I moved up to 4mg of reta, which worked well in my case.
 
Hichewgoddess said:

chemstud said:

kill_bill said:

My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
My starting point was 1.5, and the effects were unmistakable. I stayed at 1.5 for roughly 3 weeks, then moved up to 2mg. That's been my dose for 5 weeks now. Low doses seem to suit my body well as I gradually increase toward higher amounts, and I'm happy with how it's responding. Where I'll ultimately land is still unclear, but beginning this journey feels exciting.
Did you stop tirz first, or are you still taking it while beginning Reta?
Began from no medication at all
 
I began at .5 and noticed zero effect. The following week I raised it to 1 and there was a slight sensation. Once I reached 1.5 the week after, it struck me extremely hard. Eating anything that week made me feel ill, so I barely ate. I had no experience with other GLPs before this, though. Since 1.5, I moved to split dosing, now totaling 2mg per week, and the weight is still coming off.
 
I stopped Tirzepatide last week. February was basically a full month of use for me, and during the final 2 weeks I was at 3mg. Then on Monday (March 9, 2026) I began Retatrutide at 2mg, and my plan is to remain at 2mg through next month, increasing to 4mg only if necessary. The dosing titration and schedule from Eli Lilly's most recent trial is what I chose to follow.

On the side effect front, my sleep has not matched what I had while on Tirzepatide, and this morning brought very mild nausea since I had not eaten yet. I have also found that I can eat a little more on Reta, which I appreciate, because strength training means I need to hit a high protein goal every day, and on Tirzepatide that was a real struggle.
 
nitrohyper said:

I stopped Tirzepatide last week. February was basically a full month of use for me, and during the final 2 weeks I was at 3mg. Then on Monday (March 9, 2026) I began Retatrutide at 2mg, and my plan is to remain at 2mg through next month, increasing to 4mg only if necessary. The dosing titration and schedule from Eli Lilly's most recent trial is what I chose to follow.

On the side effect front, my sleep has not matched what I had while on Tirzepatide, and this morning brought very mild nausea since I had not eaten yet. I have also found that I can eat a little more on Reta, which I appreciate, because strength training means I need to hit a high protein goal every day, and on Tirzepatide that was a real struggle.
Also, remember to include some of those carbs when using Reta
 
Is there anyone here who switched from 15mg of MJ over to Reta? If so, what was your experience like? Did you begin at a lower dose as well? I'm currently trying TIRZ and just placed an order for MOTS-C to stack alongside it, but I haven't dropped any weight for months even though I'm doing everything correctly, so I'm starting to think it might be time to consider a change.
 
kill_bill said:

My initial Reta vials are in transit, and I'm trying to decide between 0.5 and 1.0 as a starting point.

I've been using 5.0mg of Tirz for close to a year, so should I begin Reta at a low dose and adjust from there?
so what was your final decision? i've been taking 2.5mg tirz every other day since last june and i'm considering switching over to reta.
 
Once I reach my goal weight, I want to make the same move from tirzepatide to retatrutide, so I'm wondering how others have handled it. Do people usually run both for a while — say, a tiny reta dose while lowering tirz — or do most just stop 1 GLP and start the other?
 
This is a guess, an estimate, drawn from reading the studies fairly thoroughly and from what I observe on forums.

A very straightforward, low risk approach: take 2/3 of your tirz dose as reta — meaning 15mg tirz becomes 10 mg reta. If you'd rather be very cautious, go with 1/2 the dose. Going any more conservative than that strikes me as largely pointless; there's no promise you'll avoid extra side effects by swapping that way, since each person reacts somewhat differently to different glps, though it isn't probable. Compared with tirz, reta tends a bit more toward raising heart rate, so if heart disease is a factor, either skip reta — it hasn't been studied in that context yet — or proceed very gradually and cautiously when increasing the dose.

This is fairly low risk and spares you months of fiddling around with very slow dose escalations. After you observe what side effects show up from the first dose or 2, you'll have a clearer sense of how it will affect you and how to handle dose increases afterward.
 
Back
Top