Reta and food noise

Glplover121

Explorer
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
England
What are your thoughts on how Reta compares with MJ when it comes to food noise and appetite suppression?

Last year I was on MJ for 10 months. It worked really well for silencing food noise, and my appetite was almost completely gone. I’ve come across differing accounts from other people suggesting Reta might not produce that same effect. I began Reta at 2mg and have been on it for 2 weeks now, but I haven’t noticed anything substantial. Should I give it more time, or is this what Reta is normally like?
 
Glplover121 said:

What are your thoughts on how Reta compares with MJ when it comes to food noise and appetite suppression?

Last year I was on MJ for 10 months. It worked really well for silencing food noise, and my appetite was almost completely gone. I’ve come across differing accounts from other people suggesting Reta might not produce that same effect. I began Reta at 2mg and have been on it for 2 weeks now, but I haven’t noticed anything substantial. Should I give it more time, or is this what Reta is normally like?
When it comes to quieting food noise, tirz beats reta. Many people combine reta with a reduced tirz dose. Others also include cagri to help with food noise.
 
When it comes to quieting food noise, the usual ranking goes:

Sema > Tirz > Reta

As CNCCurrency mentioned above, a common approach is stacking Reta with Tirz.

In my own case, I could feel effects from Reta at just a 0.5mg dose 😀

Prior to that, I had strong cravings for sweet foods, yet within 1-2 shots it became... whatever, I simply stopped caring about them. Quite a fascinating thing to go through.
 
jesuisperdu said:

When it comes to quieting food noise, the usual ranking goes:

Sema > Tirz > Reta

As CNCCurrency mentioned above, a common approach is stacking Reta with Tirz.

In my own case, I could feel effects from Reta at just a 0.5mg dose 😀

Prior to that, I had strong cravings for sweet foods, yet within 1-2 shots it became... whatever, I simply stopped caring about them. Quite a fascinating thing to go through.
I've only got 1 week of Reta under my belt, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've noticed the same thing. Usually my brain is quick to talk me into a bit of sugar here or there, yet this past week turning it down has felt effortless. Maybe I'll have 1 of those frozen Greek yogurt bars before bed, and that's all. Could it just be in my head? Honestly, yeah, maybe 😅
 
I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
 
Vash_ said:

I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
My take on food noise: it means food doesn't cross your mind and you don't crave it.
 
When I began Reta, I had already been using 10mg Tirz each week. My first Reta dose was 4mg, injected on the same day I did my Tirz shot. That was a mistake I won't repeat, haha. Anyway, I kept the Reta at 4mg every Friday while bringing Tirz down to 7.5mg over the past 2 weeks. Food noise has been extremely low.

The plan is to finish week 4 with both drugs at those same amounts.

After that, once my new monthly cycle starts, I'll raise Reta to 8mg and lower Tirz to 5mg, keeping them 3 days apart as before. Then I'll see how things go from there.

So far my body is responding really well to Reta, and it has me feeling like a beast when I work out. The little bit of Tirz should still help with food noise and such. I'm comfortable with this setup. I might even taper all the way down and stop Tirz, letting Reta do the job on its own for a few months.

It's all just one big experiment, right? But what do I know? I'm a CAT. With a GRILL.
 
Vash_ said:

I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
To me, food noise means the food is actually calling out to me from the fridge, like in a cartoon. Back in college, I’d cook a week’s supply of “company chicken” on Sunday night so I wouldn’t have to deal with it during the week. By Tuesday evening it was all gone — I ate it just to silence it. Was I truly hungry? Perhaps a little, but mostly it was just sitting there. Then another item would pick up the conversation. Food has been chattering at me since 4th grade. A couple of months ago, after .5mg Reta, it went quiet. That was genuinely incredible. Even freeing.
 
jesuisperdu said:

When it comes to quieting food noise, the usual ranking goes:

Sema > Tirz > Reta

As CNCCurrency mentioned above, a common approach is stacking Reta with Tirz.

In my own case, I could feel effects from Reta at just a 0.5mg dose 😀

Prior to that, I had strong cravings for sweet foods, yet within 1-2 shots it became... whatever, I simply stopped caring about them. Quite a fascinating thing to go through.
that tracks! cravings haven’t budged for me at all, and that’s the main issue — on Tirz they vanished from my mind completely and nothing felt better 😅
 
Elgordoboy said:

Vash_ said:

I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
To me, food noise means the food is actually calling out to me from the fridge, like in a cartoon. Back in college, I’d cook a week’s supply of “company chicken” on Sunday night so I wouldn’t have to deal with it during the week. By Tuesday evening it was all gone — I ate it just to silence it. Was I truly hungry? Perhaps a little, but mostly it was just sitting there. Then another item would pick up the conversation. Food has been chattering at me since 4th grade. A couple of months ago, after .5mg Reta, it went quiet. That was genuinely incredible. Even freeing.
Yeah, that really nails it 😅 for me it feels like there’s an endless internal chatter about food! Have you stuck with just Reta, or did you try Tirz/Sema before?
 
Glplover121 said:

Elgordoboy said:

Vash_ said:

I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
To me, food noise means the food is actually calling out to me from the fridge, like in a cartoon. Back in college, I’d cook a week’s supply of “company chicken” on Sunday night so I wouldn’t have to deal with it during the week. By Tuesday evening it was all gone — I ate it just to silence it. Was I truly hungry? Perhaps a little, but mostly it was just sitting there. Then another item would pick up the conversation. Food has been chattering at me since 4th grade. A couple of months ago, after .5mg Reta, it went quiet. That was genuinely incredible. Even freeing.
Yeah, that really nails it 😅 for me it feels like there’s an endless internal chatter about food! Have you stuck with just Reta, or did you try Tirz/Sema before?

Reta is the first Glp+ medication I've ever tried. Right now I'm taking roughly 1.25mg each week. Before long I might introduce a small amount of one of the ones you brought up, just to find out how it goes.
 
At 2.5mg of reta, eating feels like something I have to push through.

Last night we grabbed chick-fil-a (not much appetite, but cooking was too much effort lol) - I could only just get through a grilled chicken sandwich and 3 waffle fries = full

And that made up most of what I ate all day.
 
I've been looking into reta since October and began at a low amount. I increased the dose gradually, following clinical data I came across online. Results have been excellent, but from what I understand, once you go higher, the 3rd component of reta — the GCG portion that isn't present in the others — kicks in more. It triggers glucagon activation. I don't know all the technical jargon, but my understanding is that the liver begins burning and using glucose more efficiently. Around the point where I reached 8mg per week, the food noise — or really the sugar cravings — went up significantly. Eventually that faded. I'm aware the other glps don't produce that effect, so moving over from high-dose tirz might not work as well right away. MJ is a tirz. Another thing I observed: after fat loss, the body gets better at burning fuel, and a major error I made was actually not eating enough and letting blood sugar fall too low.
 
Almost 2 months in on reta sourced from a compounding pharmacy. Right now I take 3mg weekly, Sunday mornings. Appetite suppression comes on strong Sunday night and lasts through Thursday lunch most weeks. Once Thursday evening rolls around, that feeling of being "held back" fades. I began at 219 and dropped roughly 16 pounds during February. Curious to see where this month lands. Since body recomp is a major focus, the number on the scale doesn't carry much weight for me. I've had 2 inbody scans done, with a third plus a dexa scan scheduled tomorrow. A tip worth sharing: check nearby colleges, they sometimes offer dexa scans at steep discounts. Mine is 75 rather than 200 at other providers. The glucagon component intrigues me. Studies at higher doses suggest it becomes more active and such. Still, chasing a high dose just to find out what happens doesn't appeal to me when I'm already losing. I eat around 1500 calories. Lifting 5 days per week, no cardio. Hitting my protein target is a struggle, though an extra 50 grams daily would put me in a much better position.
 
Right now I doubt I’m a useful example, since Tirz and Reta are both in my routine. Reta only gets added as a mid-week stack for me, and the amount is extremely small.

At the start, Tirz was astonishingly effective for me. My food noise was essentially erased, and that felt like something miraculous. It genuinely reshaped my life, and if you’ve lived with that nonstop mental chatter about food, you understand precisely what I’m describing.

The problem is that increasing the titration further isn’t something I can do, and once a few months passed, it stopped feeling the same.

With Reta, though, nothing has happened for me yet, no shift in food noise, no appetite suppression. That said, I’m using a microdose and only adding it mid-week, so maybe it’s simply too soon for results.

Still, I believe responses vary a lot from person to person, since I keep seeing many people report that Reta suppresses their appetite heavily. I’m really hoping those benefits will eventually show up for me as well.
 
Elgordoboy said:

Glplover121 said:

Elgordoboy said:

Vash_ said:

I'm not sure I really get what food noise is or what it means. But Reta hasn't given me any appetite suppression. I'm on 4mg right now. Before that I went up to 7.5.

At the higher dose, I did notice I got full after eating less.
To me, food noise means the food is actually calling out to me from the fridge, like in a cartoon. Back in college, I’d cook a week’s supply of “company chicken” on Sunday night so I wouldn’t have to deal with it during the week. By Tuesday evening it was all gone — I ate it just to silence it. Was I truly hungry? Perhaps a little, but mostly it was just sitting there. Then another item would pick up the conversation. Food has been chattering at me since 4th grade. A couple of months ago, after .5mg Reta, it went quiet. That was genuinely incredible. Even freeing.
Yeah, that really nails it 😅 for me it feels like there’s an endless internal chatter about food! Have you stuck with just Reta, or did you try Tirz/Sema before?

Reta is the first Glp+ medication I've ever tried. Right now I'm taking roughly 1.25mg each week. Before long I might introduce a small amount of one of the ones you brought up, just to find out how it goes.
I’m curious whether those who’ve already used sema or Tirz notice these effects less than people just starting out! I’m starting to think I’ll need to add Tirz back into the mix to get that feeling again!
 
To deal with food noise, I need to add 2mg of Cagri each week on top of my Reta. At the 7.5mg weekly Reta dose I'm on, appetite suppression is already powerful, so increasing that isn't necessary.
 
Towards the end of the week—roughly 1 or 2 days before my next injection—I notice food noise creeping in. My assumption is that this happens because I've kept my dose at 2mg per week, since I'm trying to remain on the lowest amount possible. Even so, when I do sit down to eat, I fill up fast, and the urge for sugar and other junk has either disappeared or I've conditioned myself to avoid those foods.
 
Quatroskin said:

Towards the end of the week—roughly 1 or 2 days before my next injection—I notice food noise creeping in. My assumption is that this happens because I've kept my dose at 2mg per week, since I'm trying to remain on the lowest amount possible. Even so, when I do sit down to eat, I fill up fast, and the urge for sugar and other junk has either disappeared or I've conditioned myself to avoid those foods.
Nope. The reason is that Reta's half-life comes to about 6 days. In other words, roughly 50% of the drug has cleared from your blood/system by then.
 
Back
Top