Reta and fatigue?

About 1-2 days after my shot, I experience fatigue along with nausea, and it hits harder whenever I go up in dose. Because of that, I moved my injection day so that my tougher workouts and sports fall later on.
 
Yeah, I'm absolutely exhausted too — it hits hardest for a day or two following my injection. My dose is 2.5mg each week, and my husband takes 4mg and says he feels the exact same way. To deal with it, I use NAD+ when I need a quicker energy boost, plus Epitalon to help with sleep. You've also got to eat enough to fuel yourself (that means protein and carbs), and it's important to figure out whether what you're feeling is true fatigue or anhedonia, since anhedonia is definitely a common reta side effect as well! That said, it's not like I had boundless energy before starting this either.
 
Any advice for fighting off the tiredness? I take 4mg per week, and inside the first 24 hours after injecting it knocks me out. My guess is that it comes from appetite suppression, which leaves me short on calories.
 
This thread has been really useful for me. Since March I've been microdosing Reta at 2.5 mgs every 4 days, then a couple of weeks back I introduced 1mg Tesa per day plus Glow 5 times weekly. The weight came off fast — 30 lbs gone in three months — and I kept up resistance training 3 times a week, with what felt like endless energy and drive... right up until roughly a week ago, when both started dropping off a cliff. Ugh. These days I'm basically hauling myself through things, motivation to get anything done is way down, and there's some brain fog in the mix. Plus constipation! Luckily anhedonia doesn't seem to be behind it, since libido is still there (thank god). A few of the replies above point to the calorie deficit and not enough hydration as possible culprits for the fatigue, which does sound logical, so I'll focus on those, and maybe work in more carbs and fibre. Anyone else in our GLP1Chat hive-mind have ideas? Could a peptide be part of the answer too? I was really loving that stretch of high energy and motivation and want them to rise back up! TIA everyone.
 
tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
At 0.5 mg as my starting dose, I haven't experienced that. That said, the first and second nights afterward, sleep just wouldn't come.
 
reta-stacker said:

This thread has been really useful for me. Since March I've been microdosing Reta at 2.5 mgs every 4 days, then a couple of weeks back I introduced 1mg Tesa per day plus Glow 5 times weekly. The weight came off fast — 30 lbs gone in three months — and I kept up resistance training 3 times a week, with what felt like endless energy and drive... right up until roughly a week ago, when both started dropping off a cliff. Ugh. These days I'm basically hauling myself through things, motivation to get anything done is way down, and there's some brain fog in the mix. Plus constipation! Luckily anhedonia doesn't seem to be behind it, since libido is still there (thank god). A few of the replies above point to the calorie deficit and not enough hydration as possible culprits for the fatigue, which does sound logical, so I'll focus on those, and maybe work in more carbs and fibre. Anyone else in our GLP1Chat hive-mind have ideas? Could a peptide be part of the answer too? I was really loving that stretch of high energy and motivation and want them to rise back up! TIA everyone.
Getting enough fiber along with electrolytes could be beneficial. There's certainly no downside to trying!
 
tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
Y e s

23F, i've taken 2 reta doses so far, 0.5 and 1mg per week, and i only found out this was a thing a few days back when i came across this thread. I don't know if i'd call it extreme fatigue, but yea even a few espressos did nothing for me, the brain fog stayed and i still felt like i needed to rest a bit. My second shot was last saturday and today (friday) i finally feel more energetic😅. At least sleeping at night and constipation haven't been problems, a win is a win lol
 
ZetsuM said:

tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
At 0.5 mg as my starting dose, I haven't experienced that. That said, the first and second nights afterward, sleep just wouldn't come.
I started at 0,5mg — my initial injection was on Monday, and assuming no issues arise, I'll increase the dose by 0,5 weekly. That first night, I also struggled with sleep. Falling asleep wasn't the problem, but I woke up two separate times and couldn't drift off again, which is really unusual in my case.
 
I just can't wrap my head around it — and I mean Reta in general. Luckily, sleeping in a little has been possible, which helps balance out how hard it is for me to drift off. Before I started titrating, I had tons of energy and drive. Now I'm only at 4mg/wk and mornings leave me feeling completely flat. Unless I go for a run or make it to the gym, that sluggish mood sticks with me the entire day!

I get that eating less probably plays a role, but still — it's pushing me to look at other peps for solutions. Even so, I don't regret this pep at all; I just wish I felt as good as I'm starting to look. lol
 
Feeling wiped out is a thing. Get your vitamins in, have 4 meals each day, and move your body whenever possible.
 
reta-stacker said:

This thread has been really useful for me. Since March I've been microdosing Reta at 2.5 mgs every 4 days, then a couple of weeks back I introduced 1mg Tesa per day plus Glow 5 times weekly. The weight came off fast — 30 lbs gone in three months — and I kept up resistance training 3 times a week, with what felt like endless energy and drive... right up until roughly a week ago, when both started dropping off a cliff. Ugh. These days I'm basically hauling myself through things, motivation to get anything done is way down, and there's some brain fog in the mix. Plus constipation! Luckily anhedonia doesn't seem to be behind it, since libido is still there (thank god). A few of the replies above point to the calorie deficit and not enough hydration as possible culprits for the fatigue, which does sound logical, so I'll focus on those, and maybe work in more carbs and fibre. Anyone else in our GLP1Chat hive-mind have ideas? Could a peptide be part of the answer too? I was really loving that stretch of high energy and motivation and want them to rise back up! TIA everyone.
I had the same experience, but once I started taking SS31 + Mots c every day at 20 units each, the fatigue disappeared
 
birdwhacker said:

Feeling wiped out is a thing. Get your vitamins in, have 4 meals each day, and move your body whenever possible.
Getting enough electrolytes is also beneficial. In fact, while taking Reta, you ought to have them.
 
Back
Top