mdec85
Explorer
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Great work. Personally, I'm aiming to drop another 5lbs.ambot88 said:
I intend to keep taking it for a minimum of a couple years. My hope is that after a few years my body's set weight will have shifted, making it simpler to stop. As things stand, I'm certain I'd be fat again within a year if I quit. I'm basically at goal at this point, but another 5lbs wouldn't bother me.
44/f sw210, cw135
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
What's your current dose, and how long have you been using it?BNLFL said:
Weekly maintenance dosing discussion, now on its 3rd installment. lol Once I reach my goal, I'm hoping to taper down to 2-4mg. Time will tell.
Started Reta on 1/9/26. Just wrapped up #5 at 8mg, meaning 5 weeks in. Come Sunday we'll move up to 9mg. Normally we inject on Fridays, though we were gone last week, so we'll go 6 days until Friday lines up again. I didn't want to kick off a fresh dose on that 5 day stretch. I say "we" because my wife is taking it as well.Builderman said:
What's your current dose, and how long have you been using it?BNLFL said:
Weekly maintenance dosing discussion, now on its 3rd installment. lol Once I reach my goal, I'm hoping to taper down to 2-4mg. Time will tell.
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.Builderman said:
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
One idea I have is using it to keep hunger in check, without losing weight at such a fast pace.Galapagosfit said:
I'm 2-3lbs from wrapping up my reta cut, and I just picked up some tirz for maintenance, to keep appetite rebound in check. That said, I'll keep it at the lowest amount and slowly stretch out the timing between doses to find out whether my appetite goes haywire or stays put.
Has it always been split doses for you, or did you at any point take just 1 dose each week? I'm wondering whether anyone who changed their dosing schedule noticed any changes as a result.mdec85 said:
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.Builderman said:
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Losing weight at that pace is a bit quick. I doubt it bothers you much.mdec85 said:
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.Builderman said:
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Ugh, ? What a thing to say? LolBNLFL said:
Losing weight at that pace is a bit quick. I doubt it bothers you much.mdec85 said:
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.Builderman said:
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Nice question — I started out with one shot at a time, but it kept wrecking my sleep; splitting it up seems to have cut down on how much it messes with me.Builderman said:
Has it always been split doses for you, or did you at any point take just 1 dose each week? I'm wondering whether anyone who changed their dosing schedule noticed any changes as a result.mdec85 said:
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.Builderman said:
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?mdec85 said:
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.