Reta after hitting goal weight

mdec85

Explorer
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Sf Bay area California
Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
 
I switched to Tirz, then added a little Survo 3 days afterward.

It hasn't been a full year yet. Depending on how active I am, my weight fluctuates by 5lbs, but that's basically all.
 
My guess is that most replies will point to research indicating that once folks stop GLP-1s entirely, they end up regaining everything and return to where they started once they've hit their goal....Around here, I figure people will either keep their dose at roughly the same level after reaching goal, or drop it somewhat while remaining on the GLP...Personally, after I switch from tirz to reta and reach my goal, I plan to cycle off reta and go back to tirz at maintenance doses...though I expect I'll still be taking somewhere between 50% and 75% of whatever my last doses were for maintenance...
 
Once I reach my goal weight, maintenance is certainly the plan. My intention is to try lowering my dose, though if no side effects continue, then that's just how it is.
 
If the speed of your weight loss worries you, lowering the dose is likely the right move.

It all comes down to your reason for taking it. For someone older, or dealing with severe obesity or health issues tied to obesity, continuing long term makes the most sense. If the excess weight is mild, then it is more of a choice.
 
I went 3 weeks without it following roughly 2-3 months of use. I suppose I could take another break. Over that stretch I didn't gain much. Then again, maybe I did; it's difficult to judge. Perhaps BMI rose by 1 point? Still, the cost is low and I don't notice a change in my rhr while using it.

Actually, my RHR might be lower on reta since I usually quit eating sooner in the day and sleep ends up improving without me trying. So I figure I'll keep using it to maintain healthy eating for a while until those habits stick. Not sure. Or simply remain on it, cycling on and off. Tough to decide. Right now I just feel better on it because my eating is better on it.

Taking it doesn't seem problematic to me. There's no reason to feel "bad" about using it to feel better, improve your diet, or anything like that.
 
Weekly maintenance dosing discussion, now on its 3rd installment. lol Once I reach my goal, I'm hoping to taper down to 2-4mg. Time will tell.
 
I intend to keep taking it for a minimum of a couple years. My hope is that after a few years my body's set weight will have shifted, making it simpler to stop. As things stand, I'm certain I'd be fat again within a year if I quit. I'm basically at goal at this point, but another 5lbs wouldn't bother me.

44/f sw210, cw135
 
ambot88 said:

I intend to keep taking it for a minimum of a couple years. My hope is that after a few years my body's set weight will have shifted, making it simpler to stop. As things stand, I'm certain I'd be fat again within a year if I quit. I'm basically at goal at this point, but another 5lbs wouldn't bother me.

44/f sw210, cw135
Great work. Personally, I'm aiming to drop another 5lbs.
 
mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
 
BNLFL said:

Weekly maintenance dosing discussion, now on its 3rd installment. lol Once I reach my goal, I'm hoping to taper down to 2-4mg. Time will tell.
What's your current dose, and how long have you been using it?
 
Builderman said:

BNLFL said:

Weekly maintenance dosing discussion, now on its 3rd installment. lol Once I reach my goal, I'm hoping to taper down to 2-4mg. Time will tell.
What's your current dose, and how long have you been using it?
Started Reta on 1/9/26. Just wrapped up #5 at 8mg, meaning 5 weeks in. Come Sunday we'll move up to 9mg. Normally we inject on Fridays, though we were gone last week, so we'll go 6 days until Friday lines up again. I didn't want to kick off a fresh dose on that 5 day stretch. I say "we" because my wife is taking it as well.
 
I'm 2-3lbs from wrapping up my reta cut, and I just picked up some tirz for maintenance, to keep appetite rebound in check. That said, I'll keep it at the lowest amount and slowly stretch out the timing between doses to find out whether my appetite goes haywire or stays put.
 
Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.
 
Galapagosfit said:

I'm 2-3lbs from wrapping up my reta cut, and I just picked up some tirz for maintenance, to keep appetite rebound in check. That said, I'll keep it at the lowest amount and slowly stretch out the timing between doses to find out whether my appetite goes haywire or stays put.
One idea I have is using it to keep hunger in check, without losing weight at such a fast pace.
 
mdec85 said:

Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.
Has it always been split doses for you, or did you at any point take just 1 dose each week? I'm wondering whether anyone who changed their dosing schedule noticed any changes as a result.
 
I hit my goal weight after roughly 4 months, first on tirz and then reta. Since I'm still working on body recomp, I lowered my reta dose to keep burning off the last of the belly fat — my new aim is to stay at 10% body fat while holding my goal weight. I had gotten up to 4mg of reta, but stepped it down to .5 and eventually landed on 1mg. At night I'm using Tesa/Ipa, which is helping, plus KLOW, TRT and HCG.
 
mdec85 said:

Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.
Losing weight at that pace is a bit quick. I doubt it bothers you much.
 
BNLFL said:

mdec85 said:

Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.
Losing weight at that pace is a bit quick. I doubt it bothers you much.
Ugh, ? What a thing to say? Lol
 
Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Builderman said:

mdec85 said:

Wondering whether everyone here intends to keep using reta once they hit their goal weight? I'm losing weight so quickly that I'd either need to lower my dose or quit entirely.
Just wondering — what week are you at now? Has the drop-off in weight happened yet, or has it stayed steady the whole time?
About 7 weeks in for me, dosing around 6mg total, divided across 2 shots. The majority of my weight loss showed up over the past 5 weeks, averaging about 3.5lbs weekly.
Has it always been split doses for you, or did you at any point take just 1 dose each week? I'm wondering whether anyone who changed their dosing schedule noticed any changes as a result.
Nice question — I started out with one shot at a time, but it kept wrecking my sleep; splitting it up seems to have cut down on how much it messes with me.
 
Back
Top