Restarting Tirzepatide

Tjockis123

Explorer
Joined
Jul 13, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
 
Nobody can read your body but you.

You've already seen what 2.5mg did in your case — so going with the plan you outlined makes sense to me.
 
Whether this is fine for you isn't something I can answer—only you get to make that call.

What you have isn't pharmacy Mounjaro from Lilly. It's a vial of powder, sent by somebody whose actual name you don't know, and you probably had to pay them in crypto. So being careful is always the sensible approach.

That being said, Mounjaro isn't new to you, so you have a rough sense of what's coming. If it were me, I'd also move up quicker, guided by how my body feels.

The standard 2.5, 5, 7.5, etc. schedule isn't something you're bound to either. Say you begin at 2.5 and add 1mg weekly for the first few weeks. After reaching 5mg, I'd hold at that dose for a few weeks to judge how the accumulation in your body is treating you.

You're the one steering—the sky's the limit. Stay safe and good luck.
 
one thing to remember: the medication accumulates, so it stacks up inside you. the 2.5mg dose won't reach its "full" strength until you've taken it for 3-4 weeks. if you already have some tolerance or simply don't get many side effects, moving up ahead of schedule might work fine for you—but how you feel at the 2-week mark doesn't fully tell you what's coming. a plotter tool can make this easier to see.
 
Appreciate the feedback! Since I'm working with vials, it makes sense that I don't have to stick rigidly to the usual titration schedule — that's a valid observation.

My main question was more about the physiology: is there a real biological requirement to remain at the starting dose for the entire 4 weeks so the body can adjust, or is that mostly a way to keep side effects in check?

Either way, I'm definitely planning to try things out. What I have in mind is bumping up by 1 mg weekly until I land on a level that feels right. On top of that, back when I was using Mounjaro I'd feel the effects fading by around day 5, so I'm leaning toward injecting every 5 or 6 days rather than going a full week. I'll also check out a plotter tool to watch my levels and keep an eye on how much accumulates, so nothing climbs too quickly. Going up by 1 mg per step feels like a gentler approach!

Any suggestions for a plotter tool or app you'd recommend?
 
Tjockis123 said:

Appreciate the feedback! Since I'm working with vials, it makes sense that I don't have to stick rigidly to the usual titration schedule — that's a valid observation.

My main question was more about the physiology: is there a real biological requirement to remain at the starting dose for the entire 4 weeks so the body can adjust, or is that mostly a way to keep side effects in check?

Either way, I'm definitely planning to try things out. What I have in mind is bumping up by 1 mg weekly until I land on a level that feels right. On top of that, back when I was using Mounjaro I'd feel the effects fading by around day 5, so I'm leaning toward injecting every 5 or 6 days rather than going a full week. I'll also check out a plotter tool to watch my levels and keep an eye on how much accumulates, so nothing climbs too quickly. Going up by 1 mg per step feels like a gentler approach!

Any suggestions for a plotter tool or app you'd recommend?
To maintain a stable level, I divide my doses every 3.5 days.



facce85ab0e4e4a8d5cce5db8ddace1fb8c942a4e375661990031a20f19879ce.png




GLP-1 Plotter - Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy) & Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) Dose Calculator



Generate charts and compute concentrations for GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy/Rybelsus) or Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) according to dose & half-life.

Image unavailable


glp1plotter.com
 
Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
I am a male, 63 years old, and I accept that a weight loss medication will be part of my life permanently. That does not bother me much, since plenty of people at 63 are taking something for the rest of their lives anyway. In my view, I need some level of medication to keep my obesity disease under control.

What you said, along with your age, brings to mind a younger member of my extended family who shares the same inherited problem I have. I do not have an answer, but for a young person such as yourself, would that mean staying on weight loss drugs for another 60 years? Or would they follow the route I took, repeatedly losing and regaining the same substantial amount of weight for the rest of their life? I would be interested in any thoughts.
 
Keep in mind that, statistically speaking, you're in a worse position at this point — when most people drop fat along with muscle, the weight that comes back tends to be mostly fat. Obviously this varies from person to person, but if that applies to you, your tdee will be lower this time around and you may end up needing a dose even higher than what you used previously.
 
Tjockis123 said:

Appreciate the feedback! Since I'm working with vials, it makes sense that I don't have to stick rigidly to the usual titration schedule — that's a valid observation.

My main question was more about the physiology: is there a real biological requirement to remain at the starting dose for the entire 4 weeks so the body can adjust, or is that mostly a way to keep side effects in check?

Either way, I'm definitely planning to try things out. What I have in mind is bumping up by 1 mg weekly until I land on a level that feels right. On top of that, back when I was using Mounjaro I'd feel the effects fading by around day 5, so I'm leaning toward injecting every 5 or 6 days rather than going a full week. I'll also check out a plotter tool to watch my levels and keep an eye on how much accumulates, so nothing climbs too quickly. Going up by 1 mg per step feels like a gentler approach!

Any suggestions for a plotter tool or app you'd recommend?

To hit a “steady state” and get a real sense of how a dose feels, you have to stay on that same dose for 5 weeks. Each dose accumulates on the previous ones.
 
Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
Begin at 2.5 mg and observe the results. Since you've used tirz before, you'll be able to judge whether that amount is effective or whether you need to move up. That's a call only you can make.
 
Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?

bamagirl26 said:


I had watched a video there the other day on filtering and saved it for future use. Darn, that seemed so helpful. I have to figure out what needles.filters to buy, but I'll dig in the forum.

Click to expand...

BBA1969 said:

Tjockis123 said:

Appreciate the feedback! Since I'm working with vials, it makes sense that I don't have to stick rigidly to the usual titration schedule — that's a valid observation.

My main question was more about the physiology: is there a real biological requirement to remain at the starting dose for the entire 4 weeks so the body can adjust, or is that mostly a way to keep side effects in check?

Either way, I'm definitely planning to try things out. What I have in mind is bumping up by 1 mg weekly until I land on a level that feels right. On top of that, back when I was using Mounjaro I'd feel the effects fading by around day 5, so I'm leaning toward injecting every 5 or 6 days rather than going a full week. I'll also check out a plotter tool to watch my levels and keep an eye on how much accumulates, so nothing climbs too quickly. Going up by 1 mg per step feels like a gentler approach!

Any suggestions for a plotter tool or app you'd recommend?
To maintain a stable level, I divide my doses every 3.5 days.



View attachment 8719



GLP-1 Plotter - Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy) & Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) Dose Calculator



Generate charts and compute concentrations for GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy/Rybelsus) or Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) according to dose & half-life.

Image unavailable


glp1plotter.com

I agree with her.

Nice to spot another Swede here. Like others have pointed out, you're the expert on your own body, and without a doctor dictating terms you're free to give it exactly what it requires. Once a week. Why? I inject a smaller amount every 3 days instead of my old 10mg weekly, and it keeps me steadier than I was before.

The glp1plotter



facce85ab0e4e4a8d5cce5db8ddace1fb8c942a4e375661990031a20f19879ce.png




GLP-1 Plotter - Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy) & Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) Dose Calculator



Plot graphs and calculate levels for GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy/Rybelsus) or Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) based on dose & half-life.

Image unavailable


glp1plotter.com

is a fantastic resource for monitoring your tirzepatide levels, letting you pinpoint the spot on the curve where you feel optimal and then hold there for as long as it keeps working. In any case, that's my approach and it suits me really well.
 
Seasonal1 said:

Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
I am a male, 63 years old, and I accept that a weight loss medication will be part of my life permanently. That does not bother me much, since plenty of people at 63 are taking something for the rest of their lives anyway. In my view, I need some level of medication to keep my obesity disease under control.

What you said, along with your age, brings to mind a younger member of my extended family who shares the same inherited problem I have. I do not have an answer, but for a young person such as yourself, would that mean staying on weight loss drugs for another 60 years? Or would they follow the route I took, repeatedly losing and regaining the same substantial amount of weight for the rest of their life? I would be interested in any thoughts.
Honestly, that question is a solid one, and it's been on my mind quite a bit these past few weeks.

When I dropped the weight before, my daily habits stayed exactly the same. I didn't move much, spent most of my time sitting, and the pounds still came off. Once I quit the medication, nothing about my routine had changed, so the weight returned without much delay.

What's different now is that I finished my first ever workout at a gym just today. My goal is to work up to a minimum of 3 strength training days each week, once my body adjusts to the routine.

It's become clear to me that changing how I live matters just as much as avoiding an abrupt stop of the drug. Rather than cutting it off suddenly the moment I hit my target, I'm planning to reduce the dose gradually and cautiously this time. On top of that, I'm considering adding Retatrutide at some point later, because the numbers appear to indicate less weight comes back after that one is discontinued. My hope is that a slow taper, Retatrutide, and these new gym sessions together will help me hold onto the results. If there's a way to dodge 40 years of weight cycling, I'd certainly prefer that.
 
Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?

Generally speaking, moving your dose up at whatever pace you like is possible — that's the upside and the downside of having no one to answer to. Still, whatever happens is on you.

My own path: 5mg/week of Tirz became 12mg/week of Reta over the course of 9 weeks.

Then, across another 8 weeks, that 12mg/week of Reta became 18mg.
 
Let me be clear: I fully understand this is all on me and that results vary from person to person. What I really wanted to know was whether there's any solid research or biological principle that says "don't do this," or whether the usual 4-week schedule exists mainly to keep side effects manageable across the general population.

Mostly I'm just curious what this community thinks and what people here have experienced when it comes to speeding up the beginning. Sure, similar information exists elsewhere, but no two situations are the same, so it's interesting to hear the reasoning people use.

The mentions of TDEE/muscle loss and possible resistance on a second round are definitely thought-provoking, and they make me glad I've at least begun lifting at the gym.
 
Tjockis123 said:

Let me be clear: I fully understand this is all on me and that results vary from person to person. What I really wanted to know was whether there's any solid research or biological principle that says "don't do this," or whether the usual 4-week schedule exists mainly to keep side effects manageable across the general population.

Mostly I'm just curious what this community thinks and what people here have experienced when it comes to speeding up the beginning. Sure, similar information exists elsewhere, but no two situations are the same, so it's interesting to hear the reasoning people use.

The mentions of TDEE/muscle loss and possible resistance on a second round are definitely thought-provoking, and they make me glad I've at least begun lifting at the gym.

Let us know how you get on 🙂 just so you know, in the phase 3 trials (SURMOUNT) there was no 2.5mg — everybody began on 5mg and went up from there! Best of luck!
 
Tjockis123 said:

Let me be clear: I fully understand this is all on me and that results vary from person to person. What I really wanted to know was whether there's any solid research or biological principle that says "don't do this," or whether the usual 4-week schedule exists mainly to keep side effects manageable across the general population.

Mostly I'm just curious what this community thinks and what people here have experienced when it comes to speeding up the beginning. Sure, similar information exists elsewhere, but no two situations are the same, so it's interesting to hear the reasoning people use.

The mentions of TDEE/muscle loss and possible resistance on a second round are definitely thought-provoking, and they make me glad I've at least begun lifting at the gym.

The purpose of studies is to cut down on confounding variables, define test end points, and keep drop outs from wrecking the trial while presenting the drug in the best possible light.

During my first week bridging to Reta, I took 6 shots for a total of 7mg. The idea was frequent small doses rather than being aggressive with larger once weekly dosing and ending up stuck in side effect hell for longer.

It took me 37 shots to reach 12mg/week over 9 weeks. Then another 16 shots to move from 12mg to 18mg/week.

Every 3.5 days/2x weekly is my usual dosing schedule.
 
Tjockis123 said:

Seasonal1 said:

Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
I am a male, 63 years old, and I accept that a weight loss medication will be part of my life permanently. That does not bother me much, since plenty of people at 63 are taking something for the rest of their lives anyway. In my view, I need some level of medication to keep my obesity disease under control.

What you said, along with your age, brings to mind a younger member of my extended family who shares the same inherited problem I have. I do not have an answer, but for a young person such as yourself, would that mean staying on weight loss drugs for another 60 years? Or would they follow the route I took, repeatedly losing and regaining the same substantial amount of weight for the rest of their life? I would be interested in any thoughts.
Honestly, that question is a solid one, and it's been on my mind quite a bit these past few weeks.

When I dropped the weight before, my daily habits stayed exactly the same. I didn't move much, spent most of my time sitting, and the pounds still came off. Once I quit the medication, nothing about my routine had changed, so the weight returned without much delay.

What's different now is that I finished my first ever workout at a gym just today. My goal is to work up to a minimum of 3 strength training days each week, once my body adjusts to the routine.

It's become clear to me that changing how I live matters just as much as avoiding an abrupt stop of the drug. Rather than cutting it off suddenly the moment I hit my target, I'm planning to reduce the dose gradually and cautiously this time. On top of that, I'm considering adding Retatrutide at some point later, because the numbers appear to indicate less weight comes back after that one is discontinued. My hope is that a slow taper, Retatrutide, and these new gym sessions together will help me hold onto the results. If there's a way to dodge 40 years of weight cycling, I'd certainly prefer that.
Making changes to how you live is a great thing. Based on diets I've done before, wheat and sugar aren't part of what I eat. I feel very lucky that sweets, candy, cake, cookies, chocolate, pasta, and breads hold no appeal for me. All my food is made at home, and we barely use salt. What trips me up is staying active and how much I eat. I'm retired now, but for 40 years I was parked at a desk with a laptop or desktop computer in front of me. If I wasn't at that desk, on a call, or in a meeting room, I wasn't doing my job. That was 10 hours a day, 5 or 6 days each week.

Heading to the gym or doing workouts is fine, and I hope it pans out for you. The catch is that over the years I've known a lot of folks who signed up for a gym or put together a home gym setup. I can't name a single one who kept at it over the long haul. My take is that being active is what matters most. Doing things around the yard, gardening, riding a regular bike, or taking a long walk are activities people actually like and keep doing. Just a thought.

Here's another old man observation (mine). Every person I've known in my life who got into jogging ended up with knee and hip replacements in their late 50s or 60s. It's just a pattern I've seen. Not all older people who get a joint replaced were joggers, but every jogger I knew has had a joint replaced.
 
Seasonal1 said:

Tjockis123 said:

Seasonal1 said:

Tjockis123 said:

33-year-old guy here, weighing 119 kg (262 lbs) at the moment. I'd been on Mounjaro before and got my weight down to 101 kg (222 lbs). Unfortunately, roughly 1 year later, every bit of it has come back, so I'm starting treatment again to get things back on track.

Previously, 7.5 mg was the highest dose I reached, and it worked really well for me. The starting 2.5 mg dose, though, did almost nothing for me in that first month.

A kit containing 10 x 30 mg tirzepatide vials is currently on its way to me. Because I already know how my body responds, I'd like to reach 5 mg fairly quickly this time. Instead of the usual 4 weeks, would it be fine to spend just 1 or 2 weeks at 2.5 mg before increasing?
I am a male, 63 years old, and I accept that a weight loss medication will be part of my life permanently. That does not bother me much, since plenty of people at 63 are taking something for the rest of their lives anyway. In my view, I need some level of medication to keep my obesity disease under control.

What you said, along with your age, brings to mind a younger member of my extended family who shares the same inherited problem I have. I do not have an answer, but for a young person such as yourself, would that mean staying on weight loss drugs for another 60 years? Or would they follow the route I took, repeatedly losing and regaining the same substantial amount of weight for the rest of their life? I would be interested in any thoughts.
Honestly, that question is a solid one, and it's been on my mind quite a bit these past few weeks.

When I dropped the weight before, my daily habits stayed exactly the same. I didn't move much, spent most of my time sitting, and the pounds still came off. Once I quit the medication, nothing about my routine had changed, so the weight returned without much delay.

What's different now is that I finished my first ever workout at a gym just today. My goal is to work up to a minimum of 3 strength training days each week, once my body adjusts to the routine.

It's become clear to me that changing how I live matters just as much as avoiding an abrupt stop of the drug. Rather than cutting it off suddenly the moment I hit my target, I'm planning to reduce the dose gradually and cautiously this time. On top of that, I'm considering adding Retatrutide at some point later, because the numbers appear to indicate less weight comes back after that one is discontinued. My hope is that a slow taper, Retatrutide, and these new gym sessions together will help me hold onto the results. If there's a way to dodge 40 years of weight cycling, I'd certainly prefer that.
Making changes to how you live is a great thing. Based on diets I've done before, wheat and sugar aren't part of what I eat. I feel very lucky that sweets, candy, cake, cookies, chocolate, pasta, and breads hold no appeal for me. All my food is made at home, and we barely use salt. What trips me up is staying active and how much I eat. I'm retired now, but for 40 years I was parked at a desk with a laptop or desktop computer in front of me. If I wasn't at that desk, on a call, or in a meeting room, I wasn't doing my job. That was 10 hours a day, 5 or 6 days each week.

Heading to the gym or doing workouts is fine, and I hope it pans out for you. The catch is that over the years I've known a lot of folks who signed up for a gym or put together a home gym setup. I can't name a single one who kept at it over the long haul. My take is that being active is what matters most. Doing things around the yard, gardening, riding a regular bike, or taking a long walk are activities people actually like and keep doing. Just a thought.

Here's another old man observation (mine). Every person I've known in my life who got into jogging ended up with knee and hip replacements in their late 50s or 60s. It's just a pattern I've seen. Not all older people who get a joint replaced were joggers, but every jogger I knew has had a joint replaced.
You make a solid point, and it's true that sticking with it matters more than anything else.

What's pushing me most this time is having two small children. My aim is straightforward: become healthier for them, and keep enough energy to stay present as they grow. Strength training at the gym serves that purpose, because my earlier 19 kg loss happened while I was basically inactive, so I'm sure a good amount of muscle went with it. Now I need to deliberately rebuild a functional base so my metabolism doesn't drop.

As for the decades-long question of staying on medication: nobody can say what's coming. Consider how much has changed in the few years since Ozempic and Mounjaro hit the market. It's impossible to predict what better options or upkeep routines might look like 5, 10, or 15 years from now.
 
Back
Top