Reddit bans r/glp1stairway

diplomat

Explorer
Joined
Jan 31, 2026
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Seems like r/glp1stairway didn't last long on Reddit, and it was a rocky ride while it did...not surprising, considering the rules they had in place.
 
diplomat said:

Seems like r/glp1stairway didn't last long on Reddit, and it was a rocky ride while it did...not surprising, considering the rules they had in place.
what was the reason for that?
 
Smiter said:

diplomat said:

Seems like r/glp1stairway didn't last long on Reddit, and it was a rocky ride while it did...not surprising, considering the rules they had in place.
what was the reason for that?
Cost big pharma some cash

/s
 
Smiter said:


what did they do?

Click to expand...
Most likely it set off an admin, or counted as some form of wrongthink. Then again, perhaps they were innocent. My own 3-day Reddit suspension came from fairly mild trash talk aimed at TSA agents, which got labeled classist.
 
Wow, a site that removes anything tied to this community has now removed this community itself! Soon you'll be saying peptide servers on Telegram and Discord are being shut down too.

Why these group owners refuse to move to private options such as Signal, or even Potato, is beyond me. A matrix server would work just as well, and it'd be a solid way to keep idiots out.

Truly one of life's unsolvable puzzles.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
 
Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
 
Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
🤣🤣🤣

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
Honestly, I only got around to reading it during COVID. I never actually finished any of the assigned books back in school.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
🤣🤣🤣

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
Honestly, I only got around to reading it during COVID. I never actually finished any of the assigned books back in school.
At this point in time, that would count as a good thing.- 500th post here.
 
Since Reddit came up in this community, I decided to take a look for myself. What I found was a crowd of oddballs, fools and people who can't write properly — though it's possible I simply landed in the wrong threads. Plenty of false information going around.
 
Rolltide61 said:

Since Reddit came up in this community, I decided to take a look for myself. What I found was a crowd of oddballs, fools and people who can't write properly — though it's possible I simply landed in the wrong threads. Plenty of false information going around.
While Reddit as a whole is largely a cesspool, certain subreddits and subjects can still be decent. I'm a sucker for rescue dogs, so a few of those communities are fine and I drop in now and then.
 
Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉

This is something I fully agree with, 100%. Both this and Fahrenheit 451 feel terrifyingly relevant to the times we are in.
 
Rolltide61 said:

Since Reddit came up in this community, I decided to take a look for myself. What I found was a crowd of oddballs, fools and people who can't write properly — though it's possible I simply landed in the wrong threads. Plenty of false information going around.
Indeed, that's just how the internet works.
 
It truly comes down to the culture of each subreddit, and plenty of mods are power-hungry weirdos. There are a few subs I participate in where the moderators happen to be actual professionals, and their moderation style has been courteous, helpful, and still strict. I also hang around a shitposting sub where ironic racist and ethnocentric jokes are thrown around constantly, and reddit sitewide automods sometimes hand out bans. I've been permabanned 2 times...and while I'll hold back from naming any particular politics so as not to step on toes here, you'd sooner wish me dead than snorting ivermectin.

Apart from country-specific subs, Reddit leans very, very American, and even inside those subs you'll run into brazen Americans dropping lines like "as an American [insert unimportant opinion]".

The absolute worst examples I've come across are truecrime, missingpeople, or crime podcast subreddits. They pull in every kind of attention whore and "well meaning" busybody, spread all sorts of asinine crap, and even go after the family and friends of missing people just to dig up information.

TLDR; if you understand your community, you'll get a lot of value out of it. Learn which highly polarizing subreddits to steer clear of.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄

BNLFL said:

Reddit is terrible — that's all I have to say about it.
Reddit has handed me an IP ban roughly 11 times. At 11 I quit tallying them. These days their ban-evasion detection is quite sophisticated, so getting back in would mean a whole undertaking: faking a user agent through a proxy and then slowly growing an account until it stands in good standing. Considering how the site looks now, it's barely worth the effort — it's simply flooded with teenagers and normies.

lastresort said:

It truly comes down to the culture of each subreddit, and plenty of mods are power-hungry weirdos. There are a few subs I participate in where the moderators happen to be actual professionals, and their moderation style has been courteous, helpful, and still strict. I also hang around a shitposting sub where ironic racist and ethnocentric jokes are thrown around constantly, and reddit sitewide automods sometimes hand out bans. I've been permabanned 2 times...and while I'll hold back from naming any particular politics so as not to step on toes here, you'd sooner wish me dead than snorting ivermectin.

Apart from country-specific subs, Reddit leans very, very American, and even inside those subs you'll run into brazen Americans dropping lines like "as an American [insert unimportant opinion]".

The absolute worst examples I've come across are truecrime, missingpeople, or crime podcast subreddits. They pull in every kind of attention whore and "well meaning" busybody, spread all sorts of asinine crap, and even go after the family and friends of missing people just to dig up information.

TLDR; if you understand your community, you'll get a lot of value out of it. Learn which highly polarizing subreddits to steer clear of.
Somewhat, yes, but if you express uncouth views too frequently, the sitewide filters will single you out and mute you. It's not quite as severe as YouTube's comment algorithm, where positivity is mandatory on every comment, but it's near. I long for the Reddit of the past. Once the official app launched and drew in normies and kids, and then the 2016 election rolled around and the internet grew more politicized and controlled, it simply hasn't felt the same.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
🤣🤣🤣

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Sniff...sniff... any chance you were adopted? I'm going to ask my parents why they let my sister go.

sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
LOVE IT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄
Ha! As an instructor of 1984, and as a person who has repeatedly been Zucked on FB, I appreciate the reference.
Same. Lately it's been tougher on facebook. I haven't been zucked in about 2 years, but now I'm deliberately trying to catch a ban on both platforms. 🤣🤣🤣 Reddit is just so full of itself, it's ridiculous.
Whenever I'm about to start teaching 1984 to a fresh class, my opening move is to say that if only 1 book could be chosen for all of humanity to read, 1984 would be it.

And the funniest part of all:- I have never actually read the book myself.😎😉
Honestly, I only got around to reading it during COVID. I never actually finished any of the assigned books back in school.

At my school it was never on the reading list, yet at 15 I went through Catch 22, since I was employed at an antique shop by a pervert as payment for piano lessons, and customers seldom walked in, so I spent the time reading the books. Throughout that book I laughed until I was nearly dead; I believed it was the funniest thing I had ever encountered. Tears were streaming down my face, just bray-laughing and bray-laughing. Then at 30 I picked it up again, and I could not for the life of me figure out what was so goddamn funny about it. It did not even get a chuckle out of me. Ever since, it has been a mystery to me.
 
Back
Top