Reddit bans r/glp1stairway

And for those of you with an aversion to reddit, you're simply using it incorrectly. r/monkeyspaw, r/ididnthaveggs, and r/fuckyouinparticular are pure gold. r/writingprompts and r/nosleep also often contain things of great beauty.
 
birdwhacker said:

Wow, a site that removes anything tied to this community has now removed this community itself! Soon you'll be saying peptide servers on Telegram and Discord are being shut down too.

Why these group owners refuse to move to private options such as Signal, or even Potato, is beyond me. A matrix server would work just as well, and it'd be a solid way to keep idiots out.

Truly one of life's unsolvable puzzles.
Even simpletons should have access to peps!
 
Rolltide61 said:

Since Reddit came up in this community, I decided to take a look for myself. What I found was a crowd of oddballs, fools and people who can't write properly — though it's possible I simply landed in the wrong threads. Plenty of false information going around.
Yep, that's precisely what you'll find in that space.
 
birdwhacker said:

sheilarae74 said:

Getting banned on reddit is easy. Over there, it's basically the The Ministry of Truth.🙄

BNLFL said:

Reddit is terrible — that's all I have to say about it.
Reddit has handed me an IP ban roughly 11 times. At 11 I quit tallying them. These days their ban-evasion detection is quite sophisticated, so getting back in would mean a whole undertaking: faking a user agent through a proxy and then slowly growing an account until it stands in good standing. Considering how the site looks now, it's barely worth the effort — it's simply flooded with teenagers and normies.

lastresort said:

It truly comes down to the culture of each subreddit, and plenty of mods are power-hungry weirdos. There are a few subs I participate in where the moderators happen to be actual professionals, and their moderation style has been courteous, helpful, and still strict. I also hang around a shitposting sub where ironic racist and ethnocentric jokes are thrown around constantly, and reddit sitewide automods sometimes hand out bans. I've been permabanned 2 times...and while I'll hold back from naming any particular politics so as not to step on toes here, you'd sooner wish me dead than snorting ivermectin.

Apart from country-specific subs, Reddit leans very, very American, and even inside those subs you'll run into brazen Americans dropping lines like "as an American [insert unimportant opinion]".

The absolute worst examples I've come across are truecrime, missingpeople, or crime podcast subreddits. They pull in every kind of attention whore and "well meaning" busybody, spread all sorts of asinine crap, and even go after the family and friends of missing people just to dig up information.

TLDR; if you understand your community, you'll get a lot of value out of it. Learn which highly polarizing subreddits to steer clear of.
Somewhat, yes, but if you express uncouth views too frequently, the sitewide filters will single you out and mute you. It's not quite as severe as YouTube's comment algorithm, where positivity is mandatory on every comment, but it's near. I long for the Reddit of the past. Once the official app launched and drew in normies and kids, and then the 2016 election rolled around and the internet grew more politicized and controlled, it simply hasn't felt the same.
Wow, looks like I've got some catching up to do. 🤣
 
randompersonrandom said:

And for those of you with an aversion to reddit, you're simply using it incorrectly. r/monkeyspaw, r/ididnthaveggs, and r/fuckyouinparticular are pure gold. r/writingprompts and r/nosleep also often contain things of great beauty.
Thanks a lot, always
 
randompersonrandom said:

And for those of you with an aversion to reddit, you're simply using it incorrectly. r/monkeyspaw, r/ididnthaveggs, and r/fuckyouinparticular are pure gold. r/writingprompts and r/nosleep also often contain things of great beauty.
Back around 2014, writing prompts actually featured real literary works. Lately, I have not been impressed. At this stage, Nosleep just feels worn out lol
 
It's absurd that Reddit prohibits discussions about where to obtain peptides, yet peptide sellers run sponsored ads right there on Reddit.
 
meh - a load of morons over there regardless. I once believed STG was decent. Then I posed a few questions. I can't put my finger on it. But it felt like every one of them had something wrong upstairs. I rage-quit.
 
Reddit might be a total dumpster fire, but I'll admit it did me a solid by letting me stumble onto these forums and STG.
 
It seems to me that Reddit is full of sockpuppets whose goal is either to spread FUD about rival products or simply to push their own.

Helpful gems do pop up now and then, yet locating them has gotten tougher in recent times. In the past I took part in plenty of surveys, and many of them inquired about where people look for info before making purchases; it was pretty clear they understood Reddit was a major target they needed to reach. Searching for something like "best toaster 2026 reddit" once gave you useful results, but now that advertisers have flooded it, nothing can be trusted as genuine anymore.
 
tcpnomad said:

meh - a load of morons over there regardless. I once believed STG was decent. Then I posed a few questions. I can't put my finger on it. But it felt like every one of them had something wrong upstairs. I rage-quit.
I wasn't aware that STG had much use beyond the testing groups. Learning from one massive TG group chat is awful. For someone totally new like I used to be, I found their website and beginner pdf guide really useful.
 
This discussion is bizarre. Someone says they're teaching a book they've never actually read, criticizes reddit, yet is clearly trying hard to return to the site.

What on earth is going on?!?
 
Itinerant said:

This discussion is bizarre. Someone says they're teaching a book they've never actually read, criticizes reddit, yet is clearly trying hard to return to the site.

What on earth is going on?!?
@Smiter didn't belong here; he showed up, made a thousand posts, and every single one of them left me unable to guess what would come next, shone intensely and then vanished. He was above us.
 
Back
Top