randompersonrandom
Explorer
Sure, tossing a protein shake into a ninja creami gives you something a lot like ice cream — I do it myself now and then. The problem is I can't stand sucralose, and I'm not looking for a huge amount of sugar either, so an allulose/monkfruit blend is usually what I reach for.
What I put together last night, all in 1 creami pint:
20g macadamia nuts, blended ahead of time with a bit of water. Straining isn't necessary — once it's spinning, the creami will break them down completely.
A spoonful of cocoa powder
A spoonful of that allulose/monkfruit sweetener
30g of protein powder
A little vanilla extract
A little grated Tonka bean
1 tablespoon pistachio instant pudding mix (the idea is that it comes out smoother. It also, without question, gives it a pistachio-dessert taste.)
A pinch of salt.
Grade: A plus. Hand me a scoop and ask "Want some chocolate pistachio ice cream?" and I'd take it at face value.
What I put together last night, all in 1 creami pint:
20g macadamia nuts, blended ahead of time with a bit of water. Straining isn't necessary — once it's spinning, the creami will break them down completely.
A spoonful of cocoa powder
A spoonful of that allulose/monkfruit sweetener
30g of protein powder
A little vanilla extract
A little grated Tonka bean
1 tablespoon pistachio instant pudding mix (the idea is that it comes out smoother. It also, without question, gives it a pistachio-dessert taste.)
A pinch of salt.
Grade: A plus. Hand me a scoop and ask "Want some chocolate pistachio ice cream?" and I'd take it at face value.