Plasma Donation on Reta: Any Personal Experiences?

Jackaboss

Explorer
Joined
May 16, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Vista Sandiego
Hi all, got a quick question — is there anyone here who has given plasma while taking Reta? I go fairly often to earn a bit of side money, and I'm unsure whether Reta use rules you out or whether there's anything I ought to be aware of beforehand. I'm only 7 days in at 2mg, so it's still very early, but I just want to avoid a pointless trip lol. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?
 
I can't speak from experience, but I'm following this discussion closely. I'm on tirz myself and have had the same question on my mind! Before I began tirz, I gave plasma a couple of times. Lately my dogs have racked up some serious vet expenses, so having a bit of extra money to chip away at those bills would really help — that's why I've been thinking about donating again.
 
Where I am, plasma donation isn’t compensated, but using unprescribed drugs usually means you can’t donate. Does the same rule apply where you are?
 
Since I receive blood products myself, and I once worked for a particular blood donation company that I won't name (I have nothing but contempt for the way they handle both their staff and the people who donate), my advice would be to be fully off it. According to the FDA, donating is acceptable, and the Canadian regulator agrees (that is, if you're on a GLP-1 medication). This one isn't quite the same as a typical GLP-1 though, which is why I'm unsure. Testing something on yourself is one matter; giving it to an unwilling recipient whose survival depends on your blood is something else entirely.

A funny side note.... plenty of folks showed up to donate while high on coke, assuming nobody would care. Nobody found it chill.
 
Cumulus said:

Since I receive blood products myself, and I once worked for a particular blood donation company that I won't name (I have nothing but contempt for the way they handle both their staff and the people who donate), my advice would be to be fully off it. According to the FDA, donating is acceptable, and the Canadian regulator agrees (that is, if you're on a GLP-1 medication). This one isn't quite the same as a typical GLP-1 though, which is why I'm unsure. Testing something on yourself is one matter; giving it to an unwilling recipient whose survival depends on your blood is something else entirely.

A funny side note.... plenty of folks showed up to donate while high on coke, assuming nobody would care. Nobody found it chill.

Back when I was using prescription Wegovy—$500 every month 💀—donating wasn't an issue. Research peptides, though? That's a hard no.

I've got a trip to PNG coming up, so that'll keep me barred for another 3 years regardless.
 
From what I've seen, mentioning self-injections gets you turned away from donating. That leaves you with either keeping quiet about it or skipping donation altogether. I know this stance will probably draw criticism, but... A lot of folks using unapproved Peps are already involved in questionable practices so...
 
Keep your mouth shut about it. What they screen for is blood pressure and pulse, hemo/hema, plus a cheap panel looking for injected substances (fent, heroin, meth, coc) — weed isn't on that radar, otherwise every center and blood drive would shut down... Glp1s are just amino acids your body already makes. The second you say you self inject, you're labeled an iv drug user. Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counteraccusations.
 
Since Retatrutide is still quite new and experimental, most plasma centers haven't added it to their disqualification lists — though each center's rules can differ. The smartest approach is to phone them beforehand and simply ask; no need to name the brand, just tell them you're taking a GLP-1 peptide and hear their response. Given you're only at 7 days and 2mg, you're still in the very early stage, so side effects likely aren't an issue for you, but what really matters is whatever policy the center follows.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Keep your mouth shut about it. What they screen for is blood pressure and pulse, hemo/hema, plus a cheap panel looking for injected substances (fent, heroin, meth, coc) — weed isn't on that radar, otherwise every center and blood drive would shut down... Glp1s are just amino acids your body already makes. The second you say you self inject, you're labeled an iv drug user. Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counteraccusations.

That line cracked me up. Picture standing there yelling at some bewildered blood center intake worker, "NO YOU'RE ON GREY MARKET GLP-1's, FATTY!"
 
Cumulus said:

Since I receive blood products myself, and I once worked for a particular blood donation company that I won't name (I have nothing but contempt for the way they handle both their staff and the people who donate), my advice would be to be fully off it. According to the FDA, donating is acceptable, and the Canadian regulator agrees (that is, if you're on a GLP-1 medication). This one isn't quite the same as a typical GLP-1 though, which is why I'm unsure. Testing something on yourself is one matter; giving it to an unwilling recipient whose survival depends on your blood is something else entirely.

A funny side note.... plenty of folks showed up to donate while high on coke, assuming nobody would care. Nobody found it chill.
I'd really like to know what that mystery company is, though I get why nobody's naming it. 👀

Right now I'm on compounded tirz from a prescription, and obviously I'd tell them about it, so I figured I could donate during that window to cover the growing vet costs for my dogs. Before I started, I went through a couple of plasma places and they came across as... okay, but a fair number of the donors there honestly looked pretty, um... sketchy. Can't say I'm shocked about the booger sugar bit 🙈
 
randompersonrandom said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Keep your mouth shut about it. What they screen for is blood pressure and pulse, hemo/hema, plus a cheap panel looking for injected substances (fent, heroin, meth, coc) — weed isn't on that radar, otherwise every center and blood drive would shut down... Glp1s are just amino acids your body already makes. The second you say you self inject, you're labeled an iv drug user. Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counteraccusations.

That line cracked me up. Picture standing there yelling at some bewildered blood center intake worker, "NO YOU'RE ON GREY MARKET GLP-1's, FATTY!"
That line came from a military instructor of mine, who passed it along to us as advice for two situations: being taken captive, or being accused of cheating....
 
dunhacunha said:

Since Retatrutide is still quite new and experimental, most plasma centers haven't added it to their disqualification lists — though each center's rules can differ. The smartest approach is to phone them beforehand and simply ask; no need to name the brand, just tell them you're taking a GLP-1 peptide and hear their response. Given you're only at 7 days and 2mg, you're still in the very early stage, so side effects likely aren't an issue for you, but what really matters is whatever policy the center follows.
Reta hasn't been added to that list so far, right? That means tirz and sema are on it? You're just fabricating things. Unless someone's willing to shell out 8k for each individual, there isn't a blood test out there that checks 30 chain aminos and levels.
 
clemochi said:

Cumulus said:

Since I receive blood products myself, and I once worked for a particular blood donation company that I won't name (I have nothing but contempt for the way they handle both their staff and the people who donate), my advice would be to be fully off it. According to the FDA, donating is acceptable, and the Canadian regulator agrees (that is, if you're on a GLP-1 medication). This one isn't quite the same as a typical GLP-1 though, which is why I'm unsure. Testing something on yourself is one matter; giving it to an unwilling recipient whose survival depends on your blood is something else entirely.

A funny side note.... plenty of folks showed up to donate while high on coke, assuming nobody would care. Nobody found it chill.
I'd really like to know what that mystery company is, though I get why nobody's naming it. 👀

Right now I'm on compounded tirz from a prescription, and obviously I'd tell them about it, so I figured I could donate during that window to cover the growing vet costs for my dogs. Before I started, I went through a couple of plasma places and they came across as... okay, but a fair number of the donors there honestly looked pretty, um... sketchy. Can't say I'm shocked about the booger sugar bit 🙈
Sounds like Canadian Blood Services. If it's prescribed, I'd guess that's probably okay. My concern would just be that reta is so new, plus everything we've seen with jeep and sterility problems and so on. That's my dull, by-the-book opinion.

Honestly, it pisses me off that people are put in a position where they need to sell plasma for cash! I get it — my own dog in her final years cost a fortune to care for. Vets charge insane amounts, I swear. And they pile on the guilt if you won't hand over 10,000$ immediately for some drug treatment that MIGHT work. I'm not here to judge anyone's morals and money is tight. You gotta do what you gotta do
 
It's only plasma at the end of the day. They run it through filters. Coming in while on meth doesn't even matter. Ask me how I know. Just don't mention that you're injecting Chinese drugs.

The part that actually scares me is having it drawn while you're in a calorie deficit. No thank you. A roommate of mine went through the entire round of donations, and I watched him wither into nothing over the course of a few months. Legit looked like he had cancer.
 
I quit doing it since I wasn't able to give a truthful answer to the screening question about injecting a substance my doctor hadn't prescribed. If I told the truth, they'd turn me away.
 
mtomm said:

I quit doing it since I wasn't able to give a truthful answer to the screening question about injecting a substance my doctor hadn't prescribed. If I told the truth, they'd turn me away.
They're only asking that question to check for STDs. Whatever drugs you're on doesn't matter to them.
 
birdwhacker said:

mtomm said:

I quit doing it since I wasn't able to give a truthful answer to the screening question about injecting a substance my doctor hadn't prescribed. If I told the truth, they'd turn me away.
They're only asking that question to check for STDs. Whatever drugs you're on doesn't matter to them.
I'm with you that peptides probably aren't on their radar. That said, Cumulus made a point above that sticks with me: using Chinese drugs on yourself is one matter, but pushing that onto another person is something I'd rather not do.
 
mtomm said:

birdwhacker said:

mtomm said:

I quit doing it since I wasn't able to give a truthful answer to the screening question about injecting a substance my doctor hadn't prescribed. If I told the truth, they'd turn me away.
They're only asking that question to check for STDs. Whatever drugs you're on doesn't matter to them.
I'm with you that peptides probably aren't on their radar. That said, Cumulus made a point above that sticks with me: using Chinese drugs on yourself is one matter, but pushing that onto another person is something I'd rather not do.
People without housing who use drugs cover the cost of their substances by selling plasma. I'm certain peptides don't raise any red flags.
 
Back
Top