PES 4mm filters from Biologix USA coming early July

deluge

Explorer
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
Location
NY NY
An answer finally came from Biologix USA on the 4mm filters front; they had been out of stock for a long stretch:

Hello Deluge;



Appreciate your patience.

We expect 08‑PES0422R into the warehouse in early July, near July 10th. You will know as soon as it comes in.

Anything else you need, just ask.

Thanks for bearing with us. Kind regards.

Esther

Customer Service

Biologix USA Inc

931 Via Alondra, Camarillo, CA 93012

(805) 586 - 6718 Ext. 103


www.biologixusa.com

An earlier message from them confirmed the price would match the 13mm version, working out at 51¢ per filter when bought as a box of 100.
 
deluge said:

BNLFL said:

Any word on what it costs?
Ah, the edit went in: 51¢ per filter, sold in boxes of 100.
That's great news, basically in line with what the 13mm costs. I've still got the 13mm box sitting here though, so whether I actually need a box of 100 in the 4mm is another matter.
 
BNLFL said:

deluge said:

BNLFL said:

Any word on what it costs?
Ah, the edit went in: 51¢ per filter, sold in boxes of 100.
That's great news, basically in line with what the 13mm costs. I've still got the 13mm box sitting here though, so whether I actually need a box of 100 in the 4mm is another matter.
Trouble is finding a second person willing to go halves on a box of 100. I only get through a handful of the 13 every month, so in the end they'd all get used up.
 
deluge said:

BNLFL said:

deluge said:

BNLFL said:

Any word on what it costs?
Ah, the edit went in: 51¢ per filter, sold in boxes of 100.
That's great news, basically in line with what the 13mm costs. I've still got the 13mm box sitting here though, so whether I actually need a box of 100 in the 4mm is another matter.
Trouble is finding a second person willing to go halves on a box of 100. I only get through a handful of the 13 every month, so in the end they'd all get used up.
It's the same story at my end, though the size of the vial I'm working with decides it, and I usually run a pair back to back. One is mine, the other belongs to my wife.
 
The whole 4mm thing is nonsense. They barely existed at all until that peptide-testing character stumbled on a pallet of them gathering dust in some warehouse for next to nothing, and then started telling everyone they were the perfect filter for peptides - purely so he could pocket something close to 1000% on every single one.
 
For anyone following along, the 4mm filters from Biologix have come back in stock. Pricing works out the same as the 13mm. Whether they are big enough to push a 3ml reconstitution through, I can't say yet - I'll know in a week or 2. Losing 25+ units to a 13mm filter every single time isn't much fun, so it seems worth a try. (I have read numerous reports that they filter just fine up to 3ml, and that they don't).

Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filter, PES, Diameter 4mm, Pore Size 0.22μm, Female Luer Lock & Male Luer Slip, 100 Pcs/Pack​#-biologix-r-sterile-syringe-filter...-female-luer-lock-male-luer-slip-100-pcs-pack



bd3826853df353effc364affe5e825b47f4a0fbea3b44a585db703208ed3eedb.jpg




Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filter, PES, Diameter 4mm, Pore Size 0.22μm, Female Luer Lock & Male Luer Slip, 100 Pcs/Pack



Product Details Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filters (PES, 4 mm) are built for clean filtration of small, valuable samples, handling roughly 10 µL up to 1 mL. A very compact housing keeps hold-up volume to a minimum so nearly the whole sample comes back.

204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png



biologixusa.com





c1d80034daa554f3e47f00642bc25155bcfd6a5ff38a40a19d35b00ca8dce7de.webp
 
Ran the 13mm through a test myself and roughly 15 units disappeared. Oddly enough the price on the 13mm has dropped to $42.69 for me as well.
 
After the air purge I'd say I'm somewhere around 15 too, though I never actually measured it. My habit became running a diabetic needle through once the purge is done, adding roughly 10 units at the filter, which shoves whatever liquid is left through. The only reason I bother is that I've got something like 1,000+ free diabetic syringes lying around, so it costs me nothing to try and keep more of my 'tides out of the filter.

Good catch! The 13 really have come down in price! Further up I said the 4's matched the 13, and that came straight from what Customer Service told me back in June. Checking again today simply didn't occur to me.

Paying the extra 8¢ for the 4mm would be fine by me, provided they genuinely hold up to filtering 3ml. We'll have to wait and see! I'll come back with the answer...
 
ZippityDooDah said:

The whole 4mm thing is nonsense. They barely existed at all until that peptide-testing character stumbled on a pallet of them gathering dust in some warehouse for next to nothing, and then started telling everyone they were the perfect filter for peptides - purely so he could pocket something close to 1000% on every single one.
He was not pleased about the Reddit exchange we had, since it forced him to concede that the number shifts from one manufacturer to the next and depends on other factors as well. Meaning the loss figure he was quoting was never the gospel he made it sound like.
 
When you push the holdback out with the same volume of BAC, where exactly is the loss supposed to come from....other than the BAC itself?
 
What I'm driving at is that no flush is ever 100% efficient, whatever volume you use.

And the less liquid there is to flush out, the lower the percentage of diluted 'tides that stays behind afterwards - which is where a smaller filter helps.
 
My flush runs to roughly 20u through the 13mm. I've got an enormous pile of the cheap 1ml syringes off Amazon, so a wee bit going missing doesn't bother me,
 
deluge said:

What I'm driving at is that no flush is ever 100% efficient, whatever volume you use.

And the less liquid there is to flush out, the lower the percentage of diluted 'tides that stays behind afterwards - which is where a smaller filter helps.
Fair enough…though whichever way you go, once it's been flushed the amount left behind must be tiny.
 
The 4mm have been my go-to for a while. The batch I bought definitely claimed 3-4ml could go through them, I'm sure of it. This lot states 1ml. Starting to think a move back to 13mm is on the cards.
 
With the rest of you on this one. Either way it's a tiny amount, as long as you're taking some step to counter the hold-back. That said, anyone stocking up on filters for the very first time would do well to go with the 4mm provided the 3ml claims hold up, and plenty of people have said they do.

I'll know soon enough.

As my dosages have crept upward, more of my 'tides end up mixed with under 3ml anyway. Take 10mg of TB500 - you wouldn't want to use 3ml for that unless pinning 60 units for a 2mg dose is your idea of fun. Same story with the 60mg Tirz vials dosed at 15mg/6D. 75clicks? No chance...
 
deluge said:

For anyone following along, the 4mm filters from Biologix have come back in stock. Pricing works out the same as the 13mm. Whether they are big enough to push a 3ml reconstitution through, I can't say yet - I'll know in a week or 2. Losing 25+ units to a 13mm filter every single time isn't much fun, so it seems worth a try. (I have read numerous reports that they filter just fine up to 3ml, and that they don't).

Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filter, PES, Diameter 4mm, Pore Size 0.22μm, Female Luer Lock & Male Luer Slip, 100 Pcs/Pack​#-biologix-r-sterile-syringe-filter...-female-luer-lock-male-luer-slip-100-pcs-pack



View attachment 263



Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filter, PES, Diameter 4mm, Pore Size 0.22μm, Female Luer Lock & Male Luer Slip, 100 Pcs/Pack



Product Details Biologix® Sterile Syringe Filters (PES, 4 mm) are built for clean filtration of small, valuable samples, handling roughly 10 µL up to 1 mL. A very compact housing keeps hold-up volume to a minimum so nearly the whole sample comes back.

View attachment 264


biologixusa.com





View attachment 265
Appreciate you sharing all of this. Getting decent 4mm filters shipped out to Hawaii at a sensible price is a real headache for me.
 

Attachments

  • bd3826853df353effc364affe5e825b47f4a0fbea3b44a585db703208ed3eedb.jpg
    bd3826853df353effc364affe5e825b47f4a0fbea3b44a585db703208ed3eedb.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 33
ZippityDooDah said:

The whole 4mm thing is nonsense. They barely existed at all until that peptide-testing character stumbled on a pallet of them gathering dust in some warehouse for next to nothing, and then started telling everyone they were the perfect filter for peptides - purely so he could pocket something close to 1000% on every single one.
Any chance you'd explain the reasoning? Isn't their holdback smaller? Or is the argument that once you purge properly, the gap between them stops mattering?
 
Back
Top