Peptide Filtration Supplies: What Do I Need to Buy?

bosacknoodle

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
If I decided to filter my own peptides at home, what supplies and items would I need? Could someone break that down for me? Maybe an Amazon list or something similar. Thanks!
 
As @QueenMuntha mentioned, searching is the way to go! If searching gives you trouble, my signature has some pointers you can follow.

There's a thread worth looking at—it contains very thorough inventories of the supplies people rely on and their methods:




How many of you are filtering?



Filtering wasn't something I had really given serious thought to.... yet posts about it keep appearing next to the endotoxin conversations. From what I gather, endotoxins would pass through the filter and only bacteria would be caught. Doesn't the Bac water also eliminate some of that bacteria??

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
I put this together some time ago and kept it on hand, since the question pops up every week. There may be a couple of things on it you won't use—the 5ml syringe, for instance—but I find them handy for particular tasks.




How many of you are filtering?



I notice folks building their own pens, though I can't work out what benefit that gives. What's the reason you go with pens? There are hundreds of threads about this, but the short version: for injections done daily, a pen is simply more convenient and quicker. With weekly injections such as glps, pens are still quicker, but because you're seldom reaching for them...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Only 3 items are needed, honestly.

  1. Item: Luer-lock syringe, 3ml capacity

    You want a syringe where the needle can be changed out. That is because 1 needle is used to pull the fluid into the syringe, then a different needle is used to push the fluid through the filter into the final container (vial or cartridge). The filter goes in between the syringe and that second needle. Syringes of this kind are known as luer-lock syringes, and the needles that attach to them are luer-lock (or luer-slip) needles. A larger capacity syringe (such as 3ml or 5ml) makes things simpler, since it lets you process the whole vial in 1 go.
  2. Item: Luer-lock needles 25G 1.5" (and optionally, 30G 0.5")

    For drawing - 25G 1.5" needles make it easier to reach all the fluid sitting at the bottom of the vials, and the thicker gauge resists bending (and gives better flow).

    For dispensing - a 30G needle prevents coring in the destination vial or cartridge. But many people simply use the 25G needles for both jobs.

    For venting - a 30G needle prevents coring. Mostly required for cartridges, though it can also be used with vials.
  3. Item: Sterile Syringe Filter, type PES, Diameter 13mm, Pore Size 0.22μm

    The pore size is the key spec (for filtering out the bacteria). The 13mm size strikes a good balance between ease of use and fluid waste from holdback. Other sizes do exist, though. Smaller ones hold back less.
 
Zelmar702 said:

check out a frequently referenced supplier - Underground supply - they offer several all-in-one kit choices, with prices reaching $54.00. It covers nearly all the essentials for beginning.


https://www.undergroundsupply.shop/product/starter-filtering-kit-4mm/
I came across that some time ago, though it only handles 5 vials. That works out to more than $10 for each vial when you reconstitute and filter. It's a solid option if you're just beginning to get the hang of it. There's also a version with a 13 mm filter.
 
When I was just getting into it, the simplest route for me was to pick up this kit and work from there. It comes with a really good instructional video, and the kit bundles all the necessary supplies together. The cost is on the high side, but after you've got the items in your possession, you can buy them one by one for less money. Since I learn best visually, a written list wouldn't have helped me. I needed to actually hold the items. For a beginner, this kit worked really well.

Below is the video that walks through everything included in their starter kit:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?is=SEvaMhczO6BTsWMV
 
tcpnomad said:

Only 3 items are needed, honestly.

  1. Item: Luer-lock syringe, 3ml capacity

    You want a syringe where the needle can be changed out. That is because 1 needle is used to pull the fluid into the syringe, then a different needle is used to push the fluid through the filter into the final container (vial or cartridge). The filter goes in between the syringe and that second needle. Syringes of this kind are known as luer-lock syringes, and the needles that attach to them are luer-lock (or luer-slip) needles. A larger capacity syringe (such as 3ml or 5ml) makes things simpler, since it lets you process the whole vial in 1 go.
  2. Item: Luer-lock needles 25G 1.5" (and optionally, 30G 0.5")

    For drawing - 25G 1.5" needles make it easier to reach all the fluid sitting at the bottom of the vials, and the thicker gauge resists bending (and gives better flow).

    For dispensing - a 30G needle prevents coring in the destination vial or cartridge. But many people simply use the 25G needles for both jobs.

    For venting - a 30G needle prevents coring. Mostly required for cartridges, though it can also be used with vials.
  3. Item: Sterile Syringe Filter, type PES, Diameter 13mm, Pore Size 0.22μm

    The pore size is the key spec (for filtering out the bacteria). The 13mm size strikes a good balance between ease of use and fluid waste from holdback. Other sizes do exist, though. Smaller ones hold back less.
I. I'm checking this out too, but it looks like the UK has fewer kits you can order
 
BNLFL said:

Zelmar702 said:

check out a frequently referenced supplier - Underground supply - they offer several all-in-one kit choices, with prices reaching $54.00. It covers nearly all the essentials for beginning.


https://www.undergroundsupply.shop/product/starter-filtering-kit-4mm/
I came across that some time ago, though it only handles 5 vials. That works out to more than $10 for each vial when you reconstitute and filter. It's a solid option if you're just beginning to get the hang of it. There's also a version with a 13 mm filter.
This might sound silly, but the description mentions 5 vials can be handled, yet it includes 2 bottles of BAC water at 30 ml each. Too bad international shipping isn’t offered.
 
tcpnomad said:

Only 3 items are needed, honestly.

  1. Item: Luer-lock syringe, 3ml capacity

    You want a syringe where the needle can be changed out. That is because 1 needle is used to pull the fluid into the syringe, then a different needle is used to push the fluid through the filter into the final container (vial or cartridge). The filter goes in between the syringe and that second needle. Syringes of this kind are known as luer-lock syringes, and the needles that attach to them are luer-lock (or luer-slip) needles. A larger capacity syringe (such as 3ml or 5ml) makes things simpler, since it lets you process the whole vial in 1 go.
  2. Item: Luer-lock needles 25G 1.5" (and optionally, 30G 0.5")

    For drawing - 25G 1.5" needles make it easier to reach all the fluid sitting at the bottom of the vials, and the thicker gauge resists bending (and gives better flow).

    For dispensing - a 30G needle prevents coring in the destination vial or cartridge. But many people simply use the 25G needles for both jobs.

    For venting - a 30G needle prevents coring. Mostly required for cartridges, though it can also be used with vials.
  3. Item: Sterile Syringe Filter, type PES, Diameter 13mm, Pore Size 0.22μm

    The pore size is the key spec (for filtering out the bacteria). The 13mm size strikes a good balance between ease of use and fluid waste from holdback. Other sizes do exist, though. Smaller ones hold back less.
Why is it that luer lock syringes are favored instead of luer slip? It appears to be widely agreed that luer lock is the way to go, yet I've used luer slip and never had problems. Is this just a matter of what someone likes, or does lock actually offer an advantage over slip?
 
Hello beutiful said:

BNLFL said:

Zelmar702 said:

check out a frequently referenced supplier - Underground supply - they offer several all-in-one kit choices, with prices reaching $54.00. It covers nearly all the essentials for beginning.


https://www.undergroundsupply.shop/product/starter-filtering-kit-4mm/
I came across that some time ago, though it only handles 5 vials. That works out to more than $10 for each vial when you reconstitute and filter. It's a solid option if you're just beginning to get the hang of it. There's also a version with a 13 mm filter.
This might sound silly, but the description mentions 5 vials can be handled, yet it includes 2 bottles of BAC water at 30 ml each. Too bad international shipping isn’t offered.
These are the ones you should get. The alternative contains sodium chloride.


https://injectionshop.com/sol-ba-diluent-30ml.html/


Fostradamus said:

tcpnomad said:

Only 3 items are needed, honestly.

  1. Item: Luer-lock syringe, 3ml capacity

    You want a syringe where the needle can be changed out. That is because 1 needle is used to pull the fluid into the syringe, then a different needle is used to push the fluid through the filter into the final container (vial or cartridge). The filter goes in between the syringe and that second needle. Syringes of this kind are known as luer-lock syringes, and the needles that attach to them are luer-lock (or luer-slip) needles. A larger capacity syringe (such as 3ml or 5ml) makes things simpler, since it lets you process the whole vial in 1 go.
  2. Item: Luer-lock needles 25G 1.5" (and optionally, 30G 0.5")

    For drawing - 25G 1.5" needles make it easier to reach all the fluid sitting at the bottom of the vials, and the thicker gauge resists bending (and gives better flow).

    For dispensing - a 30G needle prevents coring in the destination vial or cartridge. But many people simply use the 25G needles for both jobs.

    For venting - a 30G needle prevents coring. Mostly required for cartridges, though it can also be used with vials.
  3. Item: Sterile Syringe Filter, type PES, Diameter 13mm, Pore Size 0.22μm

    The pore size is the key spec (for filtering out the bacteria). The 13mm size strikes a good balance between ease of use and fluid waste from holdback. Other sizes do exist, though. Smaller ones hold back less.
Why is it that luer lock syringes are favored instead of luer slip? It appears to be widely agreed that luer lock is the way to go, yet I've used luer slip and never had problems. Is this just a matter of what someone likes, or does lock actually offer an advantage over slip?
The needles I possess fit both criteria.
 
Functionally, the two are pretty much the same, but the Luer lock uses a screw-on fitting that holds more securely, while the Luer slip relies on a straightforward push-on connection that is usually meant for fast, simple jobs. Since a slip fitting can come loose without much effort, you need to be careful with it, although either style will still get the job done.
 
Fostradamus said:

tcpnomad said:

Only 3 items are needed, honestly.

  1. Item: Luer-lock syringe, 3ml capacity

    You want a syringe where the needle can be changed out. That is because 1 needle is used to pull the fluid into the syringe, then a different needle is used to push the fluid through the filter into the final container (vial or cartridge). The filter goes in between the syringe and that second needle. Syringes of this kind are known as luer-lock syringes, and the needles that attach to them are luer-lock (or luer-slip) needles. A larger capacity syringe (such as 3ml or 5ml) makes things simpler, since it lets you process the whole vial in 1 go.
  2. Item: Luer-lock needles 25G 1.5" (and optionally, 30G 0.5")

    For drawing - 25G 1.5" needles make it easier to reach all the fluid sitting at the bottom of the vials, and the thicker gauge resists bending (and gives better flow).

    For dispensing - a 30G needle prevents coring in the destination vial or cartridge. But many people simply use the 25G needles for both jobs.

    For venting - a 30G needle prevents coring. Mostly required for cartridges, though it can also be used with vials.
  3. Item: Sterile Syringe Filter, type PES, Diameter 13mm, Pore Size 0.22μm

    The pore size is the key spec (for filtering out the bacteria). The 13mm size strikes a good balance between ease of use and fluid waste from holdback. Other sizes do exist, though. Smaller ones hold back less.
Why is it that luer lock syringes are favored instead of luer slip? It appears to be widely agreed that luer lock is the way to go, yet I've used luer slip and never had problems. Is this just a matter of what someone likes, or does lock actually offer an advantage over slip?
From what I understand, when you're dealing with the pressure that builds up while filtering, the lock style is the more secure option. What's interesting, though, is that the filter comes with a lock fitting on one end and a slip fitting on the other. Possibly that's because one side sees significantly greater pressure.
 
BNLFL said:

Zelmar702 said:

check out a frequently referenced supplier - Underground supply - they offer several all-in-one kit choices, with prices reaching $54.00. It covers nearly all the essentials for beginning.


https://www.undergroundsupply.shop/product/starter-filtering-kit-4mm/
I came across that some time ago, though it only handles 5 vials. That works out to more than $10 for each vial when you reconstitute and filter. It's a solid option if you're just beginning to get the hang of it. There's also a version with a 13 mm filter.
A 5 vial kit is available there too, priced at $25 without the Hospira. As a starter kit, that isn't a terrible deal.

For the individual pieces, I drop roughly $80 at peptide test (dot) com, which should cover around 25 vials (BAC not counted). Whether that's a good value, I'm not sure, but Hospira is typically in stock there for about $15, they've been quite dependable, and orders above $75 ship free (which explains why I buy $80 worth of filtering supplies each time lol).
 
yobculture said:

When I was just getting into it, the simplest route for me was to pick up this kit and work from there. It comes with a really good instructional video, and the kit bundles all the necessary supplies together. The cost is on the high side, but after you've got the items in your possession, you can buy them one by one for less money. Since I learn best visually, a written list wouldn't have helped me. I needed to actually hold the items. For a beginner, this kit worked really well.

Below is the video that walks through everything included in their starter kit:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?is=SEvaMhczO6BTsWMV
I appreciate the video—it seems useful <3

I'm slightly wondering what you were getting at when you said you're not a fan of lists; how did having the actual items instead of a list of them assist you more?
 
DaisyCloud said:

yobculture said:

When I was just getting into it, the simplest route for me was to pick up this kit and work from there. It comes with a really good instructional video, and the kit bundles all the necessary supplies together. The cost is on the high side, but after you've got the items in your possession, you can buy them one by one for less money. Since I learn best visually, a written list wouldn't have helped me. I needed to actually hold the items. For a beginner, this kit worked really well.

Below is the video that walks through everything included in their starter kit:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?is=SEvaMhczO6BTsWMV
I appreciate the video—it seems useful <3

I'm slightly wondering what you were getting at when you said you're not a fan of lists; how did having the actual items instead of a list of them assist you more?
Having a list is okay. What I was getting at is that I prefer being able to physically handle the products. Take, for instance, receiving eight Hypodermic Needles 25g 5/8" or four 3mL Luer Lock Syringes. Being able to look at them directly and hold them is what I enjoy. That lets me track down identical products at lower prices from other websites. (Diamedstore, as one example.) For most people, a list is perfectly adequate. I'm simply very visual, and I like having tangible items spread out in front of me. That's exactly what I did after purchasing this kit. I put every piece out and searched for each one online, confirming I had a precise match, and I located all of it for a lot less money somewhere else. Still, for someone just starting out, it's an excellent kit. The video is also okay, apart from the section where he attaches a filter to the vent needle. Given that he simply introduces air into every one of his vials regardless, there's no logic to it. Could it be that his goal is just to move more filters? 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
yobculture said:

DaisyCloud said:

yobculture said:

When I was just getting into it, the simplest route for me was to pick up this kit and work from there. It comes with a really good instructional video, and the kit bundles all the necessary supplies together. The cost is on the high side, but after you've got the items in your possession, you can buy them one by one for less money. Since I learn best visually, a written list wouldn't have helped me. I needed to actually hold the items. For a beginner, this kit worked really well.

Below is the video that walks through everything included in their starter kit:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?is=SEvaMhczO6BTsWMV
I appreciate the video—it seems useful <3

I'm slightly wondering what you were getting at when you said you're not a fan of lists; how did having the actual items instead of a list of them assist you more?
Having a list is okay. What I was getting at is that I prefer being able to physically handle the products. Take, for instance, receiving eight Hypodermic Needles 25g 5/8" or four 3mL Luer Lock Syringes. Being able to look at them directly and hold them is what I enjoy. That lets me track down identical products at lower prices from other websites. (Diamedstore, as one example.) For most people, a list is perfectly adequate. I'm simply very visual, and I like having tangible items spread out in front of me. That's exactly what I did after purchasing this kit. I put every piece out and searched for each one online, confirming I had a precise match, and I located all of it for a lot less money somewhere else. Still, for someone just starting out, it's an excellent kit. The video is also okay, apart from the section where he attaches a filter to the vent needle. Given that he simply introduces air into every one of his vials regardless, there's no logic to it. Could it be that his goal is just to move more filters? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah, that way you can check things side by side as you buy! Got it.

I bet after I get them and give filtering a go, the second part will click for me too ;;;
 
For the BAC water, I've started using vial spikes. They're working well for me up to now. You only need to pierce once, then attach the syringe by screwing it on to draw the water out.
 
Back
Top