Optimal Time of Day for Reta Injection

Figis1badcat

Explorer
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles. California
I'm getting ready to begin Reta shortly and I'm curious whether a particular time of day works best for injecting. This will be my first experience with a GLP, or honestly with anything of this kind. My aim is to drop some weight (25-30 lbs) and also to improve my overall health. I'm also considering adding KLOW in a few weeks
 
For your initial dose, I’d recommend injecting in the morning. You wouldn’t want to do it at night, risk a negative response, and then lose a night’s rest. Also, if you’re not working, the weekend is a good choice. Once more, though it’s rare, dealing with a bad reaction while on the job would be miserable.

Once you’ve done the first one, the time of day is irrelevant. It takes weeks for the medication to accumulate in your body.
 
From what I've noticed, Reta doesn't curb hunger as strongly as the other GLPs do. In my own case, the strongest suppression showed up more than 48 hr afterward with both Triz and Reta. Since I enjoy eating out on weekends, I line up the low point of suppression and inject on Friday night or Saturday morning, which lets me enjoy myself.
 
For the initial injection, I do it while the day is going on. Following that, my preference is to administer it right before going to sleep.

My routine is to have my GLP injection on Sundays, so once the weekend arrives, any unpleasant sensations I might experience have already faded 😂
 
Blood concentration reaches its maximum 24 to 48 hours post-injection, which runs a little longer than certain other GLP's. Because absorption takes that long, buildup ought to happen gradually, so the hour you choose for injecting probably matters very little. After several doses, or perhaps just 1, you may notice the point at which effects clearly appear, letting you adjust timing afterward if that helps — though with a 1-2 day absorption window, guessing in advance seems pointless to me. And when no effects are noticeable at all, timing is irrelevant regardless. The exception is when side effects become troublesome; by that stage you can figure out the lag between injecting and their peak, then schedule shots so daily life is disrupted as little as possible. Should they prove a major problem, split the dosing.

If work performance worries you and weekends are free, take the initial dose on friday afternoon once work is done.
 
When you're just beginning, a lot of people suggest injecting in the morning. The reasoning is that if something goes wrong—like the label on the batch being wrong about the concentration, questionable BAC water, or some sort of contamination—you'll be awake to deal with it. That's the way I do it too. After I've used a cartridge for a few shots, I feel fine switching to injecting in the evening or at night.
 
Reta raises your resting heart rate. From my own experience, when I inject it too near bedtime, my heart pounds somewhat and falling asleep becomes difficult. Taking it earlier in the day, however, causes no problems like that!
 
We usually administer about 10 on Friday morning. @SITHRE My heart rate typically sits near 72, yet while on Reta it's been 76. During sleep, it averages 63 BPM according to the new mattress we purchased on 2/26. I had no idea the mattress provided that data.
 
I’ve settled into a routine of injecting at 11am each Monday. With Tirzepatide there were never any problems, and switching to Retatrutide this round has been just as smooth. As others have pointed out, I steer clear of nighttime shots since I don’t want anything messing with my sleep. A friend of mine is still on Wegovy and she actually doses at night—it makes her queasy, so she injects before bed to sleep through the side effects.
 
For me, I figure the optimal slot is Monday at 0530, right as I get up. That way it can start working, I can get my morning gym session in, and then things calm down as the day goes on. I sleep extremely lightly—even a bird passing gas would jolt me awake—so whatever helps keep my heart rate from spiking is welcome!
 
It's curious how dosing preferences vary from person to person. For me, injecting right before sleep works well since it tends to make me drowsy; if I do it earlier in the day, I feel like lying down roughly 60 minutes afterward. My cousin mentioned that pinning after around 2pm leads to a headache the following day for her, so she prefers a morning injection. My suggestion would be to begin with a daytime dose to gauge your reaction, then experiment with different times to find what suits you best.
 
SITHRE said:

Reta raises your resting heart rate. From my own experience, when I inject it too near bedtime, my heart pounds somewhat and falling asleep becomes difficult. Taking it earlier in the day, however, causes no problems like that!
I've come across repeated mentions that Reta raises resting heart rate. Perhaps luck is on my side (or maybe 1.5mg is simply too low a dose for me), but I felt absolutely none of that.
 
I made a slight change — I'm using a new cartridge and my dose is 4mg. So I tried something different: I injected 2mg yesterday evening, then 2mg again this morning.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

I made a slight change — I'm using a new cartridge and my dose is 4mg. So I tried something different: I injected 2mg yesterday evening, then 2mg again this morning.
It seems like a secondary advantage that splitting the same dose across 2 days leads to reduced or absent nausea.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

I made a slight change — I'm using a new cartridge and my dose is 4mg. So I tried something different: I injected 2mg yesterday evening, then 2mg again this morning.
It seems like a secondary advantage that splitting the same dose across 2 days leads to reduced or absent nausea.
That's my approach too whenever I move to a different kit, source, or batch size. There's no telling if a worker at the facility messed something up, and if half my usual amount gives me noticeable effects, that's a red flag. That said, a single vial or cartridge usually lasts me 6-7 weeks, so this situation doesn't come up often. (Just so you know, Jeep is right now sending out both the 30mg and 60mg T with orange caps).
 
joseblo said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

I made a slight change — I'm using a new cartridge and my dose is 4mg. So I tried something different: I injected 2mg yesterday evening, then 2mg again this morning.
It seems like a secondary advantage that splitting the same dose across 2 days leads to reduced or absent nausea.
That's my approach too whenever I move to a different kit, source, or batch size. There's no telling if a worker at the facility messed something up, and if half my usual amount gives me noticeable effects, that's a red flag. That said, a single vial or cartridge usually lasts me 6-7 weeks, so this situation doesn't come up often. (Just so you know, Jeep is right now sending out both the 30mg and 60mg T with orange caps).
Nice to find another person on the same page. It does cut down the chance of problems, and since the pins are 34g, there's nothing to feel regardless.

If the same orange vials keep arriving, mixing them up would be an easy error to make at the factory, during distribution, or at home. Lowering risk and lowering fat go together.
 
Back
Top