Optimal Time of Day for Reta Injection

oldrunnerguy said:

SITHRE said:

Reta raises your resting heart rate. From my own experience, when I inject it too near bedtime, my heart pounds somewhat and falling asleep becomes difficult. Taking it earlier in the day, however, causes no problems like that!
I've come across repeated mentions that Reta raises resting heart rate. Perhaps luck is on my side (or maybe 1.5mg is simply too low a dose for me), but I felt absolutely none of that.
My dose is close to yours, though I react strongly to peptides and medications. Any possible side effect tends to show up for me 😆
 
I do my injections in the morning, every time. With my very first Reta shot, I messed up by taking it at night, which left me with bad insomnia and no sleep at all that night.
 
I do my shot in the evening every time, and by the time morning comes my stomach has gotten used to it — I typically wake up, have a BM, and then I'm fine for the rest of the day
 
Vash_ said:

For your initial dose, I’d recommend injecting in the morning. You wouldn’t want to do it at night, risk a negative response, and then lose a night’s rest. Also, if you’re not working, the weekend is a good choice. Once more, though it’s rare, dealing with a bad reaction while on the job would be miserable.

Once you’ve done the first one, the time of day is irrelevant. It takes weeks for the medication to accumulate in your body.
Last year, when I began Tirz, I went with a split schedule. The very first shot, though, I picked Friday morning on purpose—my reasoning being that if side effects showed up that day or across the weekend, my calendar was clear. As time went on, because I was splitting the dose, my routine became Friday AM, Sunday late afternoon, and Tuesday right before bed, which kept the spacing even. What a year-plus of doing this has taught me is that the effects don't really hit until roughly 24 hours afterward. I also sleep better when I inject in the late afternoon or at night rather than in the morning, although the runs at bedtime aren't exactly a good time no matter when it happens lol

Because I'm going to stack a very small dose of Reta, my plan is to begin the same way I did with tirz—a Friday or Saturday morning—and then watch how my body reacts.
 
Vash_ said:

For your initial dose, I’d recommend injecting in the morning. You wouldn’t want to do it at night, risk a negative response, and then lose a night’s rest. Also, if you’re not working, the weekend is a good choice. Once more, though it’s rare, dealing with a bad reaction while on the job would be miserable.

Once you’ve done the first one, the time of day is irrelevant. It takes weeks for the medication to accumulate in your body.
I'm on the same page. One more point I'd throw in: certain folks react strongly, and you don't want to wreck your day or your week. So do a trial shot—0.5mg or under. After that, hold off for a minimum of 1-2 days. If nothing goes wrong, go ahead with your schedule. That's my routine for every peptide and every fresh batch.
 
Just wanted to give an update: I've been injecting around the middle of the day and it's been going well. It's been a bit more than 2 months and I'm down roughly 17 lbs. I've been going low and slow, starting at .5 mg and titrating up to 2 mg over 9-10 weeks. Really enjoying it. The next thing to look into is possible GB
 
joseblo said:

From what I've noticed, Reta doesn't curb hunger as strongly as the other GLPs do. In my own case, the strongest suppression showed up more than 48 hr afterward with both Triz and Reta. Since I enjoy eating out on weekends, I line up the low point of suppression and inject on Friday night or Saturday morning, which lets me enjoy myself.
My wife and I inject around 10AM on Fridays. Regarding appetite suppression, I had the same assumption. I always felt the MLB from J5 R24 was strong when we used it at the end of March. I mixed two J5 MLB R50/3ml BAC 3 weeks ago, and we've pinned twice at 8mg (4.3mg after the calculation conversions). This batch has hit me hard, wiped out my appetite, and I feel full constantly. The weight loss is insane. I'm not sure what's different.
 
When I began, my injections were Friday mornings near 9am. These days, I tend to pin in the evening no matter which day it falls on. The roughest side effects typically show up about 24 hours afterward, so by that point I'm normally already home and close to going to sleep.
 
Back
Top