octopusthorpe
Explorer
I began taking this for a cut after perimenopause weight gain, and now that I'm starting month 3 at 1mg/week, the mental changes have been striking. Before reta, my head never stopped — 24/7. It wasn't only food noise; it was everything noise. Racing thoughts, health anxiety, catastrophizing, rumination… it simply wouldn't switch off.
These days? That background chatter has mostly vanished. For the first time in years my mind is quiet, and I can really concentrate. The relentless anxiety and spiraling have dropped a lot. I truly wasn't expecting this. Losing weight is great, but for me the mental calm has been miraculous.
Originally I only intended to stay on reta for about 6 months, but after my cut finishes I'm seriously thinking about continuing a low 0.25mg dose long-term, purely to hold onto this peaceful feeling in my head.
Anyone else had this “brain finally got quiet” effect with reta? I've searched quite a bit and rarely see it brought up.
These days? That background chatter has mostly vanished. For the first time in years my mind is quiet, and I can really concentrate. The relentless anxiety and spiraling have dropped a lot. I truly wasn't expecting this. Losing weight is great, but for me the mental calm has been miraculous.
Originally I only intended to stay on reta for about 6 months, but after my cut finishes I'm seriously thinking about continuing a low 0.25mg dose long-term, purely to hold onto this peaceful feeling in my head.
Anyone else had this “brain finally got quiet” effect with reta? I've searched quite a bit and rarely see it brought up.